Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2016, 16:05   #1591
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Honda killed the previous gen Brio with exorbitant pricing and I hope they won't do the same again!
Going by the history, all Honda cars are almost always priced at the higher end of the segment spectrum, and always more than equivalent competition.

I do not expect anything different this time.
In any case, it is just a facelift and will not see much changes in prices. Any material reduction in prices is not on cards..
Old 3rd December 2016, 23:09   #1592
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone here know what the exact part numbers for the stock Honda Brio shockers are? I would have loved to replace my stock shockers with Bilstein B6 on stock springs, but I don't know the part numbers. Are the shocks in our Brio the same as that of the Jazz or the Fit (internationally) or are the mounting points different?
Old 3rd December 2016, 23:14   #1593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Does anyone here know what the exact part numbers for the stock Honda Brio shockers are? I would have loved to replace my stock shockers with Bilstein B6 on stock springs, but I don't know the part numbers. Are the shocks in our Brio the same as that of the Jazz or the Fit (internationally) or are the mounting points different?
Afaik jazz and brio shocks are interchangeable!
Old 3rd December 2016, 23:43   #1594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Please do share your feedback ones you get the B6 as I am also looking to upgrade in my Brio but it is not on the cards soon. I need to understand the tangible benefits before I invest too much on it.
Old 27th January 2017, 17:27   #1595
Senior - BHPian

Despite it being one of the easiest vehicles to backup, I feel adding a reverse camera would add substantially to the utility of the Brio AT for my parents. Can anyone recommend a good unit, preferably with the display integrated into the IRVM ? Honda sells one priced rather steeply (IIRC, ~18k) , replaces the HU and is manufactured by mapmyindia. The accessories brochure on the website does mention something similar to what I have in mind, but it talks about sensors and not a camera.
Old 24th February 2017, 19:23   #1596
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys, I need your help on a peculiar behaviour that my Honda Brio has.

When I press the clutch lever to change gears (foot off the accelerator pedal), the rpm needle rises a fair bit and falls down. I have to wait to release the clutch till this happens, else the car jerks ahead as it is at higher rpm. This is more prominent when I am doing a spirited drive shifting fast and quick at a little higher rpms. Any one else faced this issue ? It is not a show-stopper but really robs the fun of shifting fast.
Old 26th February 2017, 11:37   #1597

Nope..haven't faced such issue on my Brio. I have clocked 29k on the odometer so far..my only complaint is the gear shift is not smooth..could be better.
Old 4th April 2017, 08:50   #1598
Senior - BHPian

Does Anyone know from where can I buy a Air Filter for Honda Brio apart from Honda Service Center ?

The Air Filter is really dirty & hasn't been replaced since purchase in 2013. End Result - Fuel Economy of 9.5-10 kmpl with AC in City. Next service is due in October. Oil was changed at 16k kms, now the car has crossed 19k last week.

Will replacing filter bring improvement in FE ?

Also, how about manually cleaning the Air filter with Water & Drying it by Air ? Is this safe & good option ?

Input from BHPians would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 17th April 2017, 14:35   #1599
BHPian

I am noticing a strange problem in my 4 year old Brio. Many times, the sounds that come from warning lights do not come on. For example seat belt reminder blinks, but there is no beeping sound. Similarly, when indicator is pressed half the times there is the usual click click sound, but rest of the times there is no sound. Any idea, what the reason may be? Seems like loose wiring to me.
Old 4th May 2017, 19:26   #1600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Does Anyone know from where can I buy a Air Filter for Honda Brio apart from Honda Service Center ?

The Air Filter is really dirty & hasn't been replaced since purchase in 2013. End Result - Fuel Economy of 9.5-10 kmpl with AC in City. Next service is due in October. Oil was changed at 16k kms, now the car has crossed 19k last week.

Will replacing filter bring improvement in FE ?

Also, how about manually cleaning the Air filter with Water & Drying it by Air ? Is this safe & good option ?

Input from BHPians would be appreciated.

Thanks.
You should be easily able to find an alternate elsewhere. It wouldn't be a tough task to find air filters for Honda cars - if not you could check with any FNG and they could help you source one.

Replacing it every year or at least every 2 years is recommended depending where you stay (In a city like Bangalore I guess it's better to change it every alternate year due to the dust content)

Washing and reusing the same air filter is never recommended as it could damage the filter and increase the pore size thus allowing harmful particles inside the engine.

Finally replacing it in due time could increase FE marginally as it helps in better combustion of fuel and also increase engine life.
unni246 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2017, 21:55   #1601
BHPian

Most small shops have Brio filter.

Jazz / City (old gen) are all share same part.

I replace myself every 6 months, just because its a cheap part, around Rs 300.
Old 5th May 2017, 10:21   #1602
BANNED

I am having a peculiar issue with my Brio AT. It seems that the AC is intermittent at low speed, and also (as per the boss) sometimes switches off and the compressor has to be switched off and on. I suspect this may be just due to the weather and the small compressor. We had put the AC in for a Stage I service in the Winters. So I do not suspect the refrigerant level.
Old 20th June 2017, 22:10   #1603
BHPian

Looking to buy a Honda Brio for my mom-in law. She liked the Urban Titanium colour and is looking at the AT option.

The dealers I spoke were not very forthcoming when it came to the colour. Even though the Honda website shows this colour, the dealership says its discontinued. I don't know if they are simply trying to sell their old stock of other colours.

Can anyone advise on if Honda still has this colour in production. And also if you know if Honda has any possibility to discontinue Brio.
Old 20th June 2017, 22:33   #1604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutts View Post
Can anyone advise on if Honda still has this colour in production. And also if you know if Honda has any possibility to discontinue Brio.
The urban titanium has indeed been discontinued.
My dealer in Bangalore however mentioned that there is a new Modern Steel Metallic Grey being introduced in Brio.
Cheers,
Deepak
starter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2017, 10:23   #1605
BHPian

Guys does anybody know the exact size of Brio wipers? Need to buy new ones. The ones I bought earlier were smaller. I'm thinking of picking up http://www.amazon.in/dp/B00P21KZVQ/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=733112647&pf_rd_s=l po-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B01IBRB2LY&pf_rd_m=A1VB AL9TL5WCBF&pf_rd_r=Y8K98B3V01K5JE51EP29 these Bosch ones. Size is 22-16. Is this correct?

Thank you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks