Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2012, 14:29   #61
BHPian

Re: BMW 530d : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercLover View Post
The 530 is a real power machine for an average c segment user like me, once had the privilege of driving an E60 530 for a long drive. I should say the torque, acceleration and the hi speed stability just blew me away. Not to mention it did prove quite fuel efficient with around 10+ kmpl of diesel throughout the journey.

P.S: I was too scared of playing around with the car so did use the sport mode only once, don't remember if it had the eco pro mode act. thanks if any of you experts could enlighten .
The E60 530d had the basic sport mode which improved gear shifting times and also kept the engine in the torque band between the shifts. The Comfort mode, Sport+ etc. which can change chassis dynamics are new options on the F10
Old 14th August 2012, 14:47   #62
Team-BHP Support

I hear that now the 530d comes with the M-sport body kit, m steering wheel, 350m wheels, anthracite headliner and sports seats in the front. Also BMW shadowline, which means there will be no chrome trim on the body besides the grilles. Best of all there is no price increase.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 14th August 2012 at 14:51.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2012, 13:06   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I hear that now the 530d comes with the M-sport body kit, m steering wheel, 350m wheels, anthracite headliner and sports seats in the front. Also BMW shadowline, which means there will be no chrome trim on the body besides the grilles. Best of all there is no price increase.
Saw this 5 M-kitted at Platino Classic , Kochi at the time of the delivery of my F30

Visual differences ;

- M Kit Rear Bumper , ( Front Bumper was stock )
- M Logo
- Whitelines Tail light
- Gun metal finish rims

BMW 530d : Test Drive & Review-photo.jpg

Asked the Platino guys weather any 530d M-sport version is in pipeline and they did not confirm anything an were not informed yet about the same and they also said it may be true as they ( Platino motors ) always get to know about the launch of new cars very late

PS - They did not even have the " Original accessories " Catalog of the F30 yet , which was widely distributed at the launch event.
Old 25th August 2012, 02:55   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This was bound to happen with the new 3er here, the 5er looks like horrible value even at a discount. Glad BMW has offered truly premium inserts to the 530d, it will be well appreciated by enthusiasts;which are the key target buyers of this model.

Waiting to see what updates come on to the 520d and 525d. All models of the 5er are n 10 to 15% discount now to lure new 3er buyers. Two of my friends that were in for the 3er took the 5er instead due to heavy discounts. BMW cannot continue to devalue this model with such discounts an update is needed ASAP. My hunch is that the 520d will not come with rear screens too while the 525d will get better alloys and premium seats.
Hopefully Audi will provide an update to the A6 too. MB will probably counter with panaromic roof standard on the E.

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th August 2012 at 09:42. Reason: You've typed "My hunch is that the 520d will not come with rear screens too" - do you mean -now- instead of -not- ?
Old 13th December 2012, 15:32   #65

http://http://www.autocarindia.com/N...t-variant.aspx

It says that the current 530d is getting discontinued and giving birth to this 530d M.

Good thing
Too many sports car goodies for an extended price of 50,000INR over the 530d.

Bad thing
One thing I did not like reading was the fact that it is available only in carbon black colour. Although it would look smoking in black why not add other flagship M variant colours.
Old 13th December 2012, 15:44   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Finally it has launched @ 51.99 L (ex-showroom Mumbai) ;

BMW 530d : Test Drive & Review-0_468_700_http__i.haymarket.net.au_extraimages_20121213045718__dsc0862.jpg

Source : http://www.autocarindia.com/News/325...t-variant.aspx

Last edited by karan561 : 13th December 2012 at 15:46.
Old 13th December 2012, 17:52   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizaan.vakil View Post
http://http://www.autocarindia.com/N...t-variant.aspxBad thing
One thing I did not like reading was the fact that it is available only in carbon black colour. Although it would look smoking in black why not add other flagship M variant colours.
The Carbon Black is an additional choice that is only available on the M-530D. It is not the only choice. Other colours include, White, Grey, Blue

Latest spec sheet from BMW website attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BMW_5Series_7_12_Pack_high-resolution.pdf (980.4 KB, 889 views)
Old 13th December 2012, 20:07   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Finally it has launched @ 51.99 L (ex-showroom Mumbai) ;

Attachment 1026623

Source : http://www.autocarindia.com/News/325...t-variant.aspx
Its been launched since I posted a few months ago, they must have cleared all old stock now so they are making it official.
Old 13th December 2012, 21:56   #69
EP.
BHPian

Does anyone have pictures of the Sport seats thats being provided on the 530D?
Old 13th December 2012, 22:30   #70
Senior - BHPian

What is wrong with the wheels? They look horrible in my opinion.
Old 13th December 2012, 22:34   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
What is wrong with the wheels? They look horrible in my opinion.
I agree

I think they chose this design as it was the only 18"er in the M-Sport style as the other rim design which is way more tasteful are the 19"ers which i think BMW India did not want to risk it considering Indian road conditions ;

BMW 530d : Test Drive & Review-bmw5seriesmsportleaked_5.jpg

Last edited by karan561 : 13th December 2012 at 22:42.
Old 13th December 2012, 23:31   #72
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Don't like the wheels at all! The design looks similar to the one they offered on the earlier 3 series Performance (or was it Sport?) edition.
BMW could learn a thing or two from the XF which has the best looking wheels in the segment!
Old 18th December 2012, 19:18   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
This was bound to happen with the new 3er here, the 5er looks like horrible value even at a discount. Glad BMW has offered truly premium inserts to the 530d, it will be well appreciated by enthusiasts;which are the key target buyers of this model.

Waiting to see what updates come on to the 520d and 525d. All models of the 5er are n 10 to 15% discount now to lure new 3er buyers. Two of my friends that were in for the 3er took the 5er instead due to heavy discounts. BMW cannot continue to devalue this model with such discounts an update is needed ASAP. My hunch is that the 520d will not come with rear screens too while the 525d will get better alloys and premium seats.
Hopefully Audi will provide an update to the A6 too. MB will probably counter with panaromic roof standard on the E.
Folks - Does anyone know of any offers on the 530D with the M-Sport kit? Planning to book one if the offer is good. Hoping that there would be good offers before the LCI comes out.

Also, does it make sense to wait for the LCI to come out? Anyone know what changes are expected?
Old 15th October 2013, 14:36   #74

buying a 530d msport need some advice

Hi guys, needed to upgrade from my w204 c250, the BMW dealers in Mumbai were giving a decent deal on the 530d sport as the new facelift has/is just launched.

I had the chance to borrow my friends 530d for a week and really liked it, coming from a v6 c 250 the difference in power was massive. Although the 5 series felt a lot bulkier to handle than the c class, i got used to it by the 4th day and was equally comfortable in it.

I have given the booking amount for the 530d msport, apparently it's tuned for 15 more HP than the regular 530d which apparently translates into 10% better performance according to the guy in the dealership.

My questions to my fellow TEAM BHP'ians who are infinitely smarter wiser and smarter than me are as follows:

I know this might be too early to start modifying but im really excited (i need to do SOMETHING before my car arrives)

Should i switch to 19inch regular tires from the regular 18" run flats ?
If yes, then should i do this through the dealer or does anyone know a good place in Mumbai for rims and tyres. The car will be self driven so im not too bothered about rear seat ride quality.

I keep hearing, through the dealers, about a tuning mod which takes my HP to 290, apparently done by BMW dealers themselves so it doesnt affect warranty etc. However i don't know if this is true or if he was just trying to sell me the car. Does anybody know about this?

Should i get the BMW BSi package? and BMW Assured insurance cover?

I really dont like the rough texture of Alcantara, has anyone with a premium car got seats re-upholstered from stanley leather? I prefer Napa leather for it's soft texture.

Also, my car is Carbon Black, is it worthwhile calling a detailer like carsalon to get a polymer coating put on it right from the get go?

I hope i've posted this in the right forum, thanks for all the help.
Old 15th October 2013, 18:03   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: buying a 530d msport need some advice

If you are willing to buy a space saver spare wheel or use a puncture repair kit then most defiantly switch to regular tubeless.
Few years back Navnit did replace my runflats for primacy HP tubeless tyres as a direct free exchange before delivery itself. It was done via Premji Tyre, so if the dealer refuses you can contact Premji directly.

Most defiantly go in for the BSI, it's worth every penny and gives you immense peace of mind. I had the 5 year/100,000kms BSI and got every penny's worth out of it.

Regarding the insurance cover, I think it's best to get a zero dep policy from TATA AIG or any other insurance company rather than BMW especially in your case since you will be switching to tubeless tyres. The only advantage I believe BMW secure insurance brings over zero dep is that the run flat damages are covered.
Sahil is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks