Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2012, 13:56   #331
BHPian

I am planning to install a navigator and can hardly find any space on the dash. :([/quote]

I recently bought Garmin Nuvi 40 LM. Have fixed the suction mount on the bottom right corner. Very good location as it does not affect road vision.
Old 25th December 2012, 19:49   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612
I am planning to install a navigator and can hardly find any space on the dash. :( I recently bought Garmin Nuvi 40 LM. Have fixed the suction mount on the bottom right corner. Very good location as it does not affect road vision.
But, the A Pillar already obstructs the view when you are making a turn. If you add this navigator near the A pillar, it will make it more difficult to have a clear view when negotiating a turn, ain't it?

Last edited by saadat1992 : 25th December 2012 at 19:50.
Old 25th December 2012, 20:58   #333
BHPian

Re: Toyota Liva Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Hi saadat the location of the unit is just above (5mm) the speaker on the right dashboard and as such is in the shadow of the A pillar. So doesn't make much difference. I found the centre mounting more obstrusive. By the way where are you in Chennai. Any chance we can meet?
Old 26th December 2012, 00:43   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Hi saadat the location of the unit is just above (5mm) the speaker on the right dashboard and as such is in the shadow of the A pillar. So doesn't make much difference. I found the centre mounting more obstrusive. By the way where are you in Chennai. Any chance we can meet?
Yes, experimented and found that that's the best place in Liva. I have bought a Mapmyindia navigator and installed in that place. The only problem that I face is at night, when I can see the navigator's reflection. Got used to it.

Btw, Mapmyindia map doesn't know the changing one way roads in Kolkata. I mean, in Kolkata we have some roads where one way signs change after 1 pm.
Old 8th January 2013, 19:26   #335
Senior - BHPian

For Liva Diesel owners who need the rpm meter, there is a hassle free solution available.
Since, Etios ECU is OBD2 compliant, you can buy the following

1) ELM327 OBD2 Bluetooth Diagnostic Interface ( Costs around 2,200 INR on ebay India and around 1000 INR if you buy it from US )
2) An Android Phone
3) torquepro android app ( Costs 250 INR )

Then connect the ELM327 Bluetooth adapter to your car's OBD port
Pair your android mobile to the OBD2 bluetooth adapter using the PIN - 1234
Start your engine, open torquepro app & wait for a few seconds for the connection to complete. You will notice that the rev meter starts to climb once the connection is made.

PS: It's not just revs that you get, you get numerous other data like coolant temperature, rail pressure, mileage, fault codes, etc.

Attaching a sample screen from torque pro below.

Toyota Liva Diesel : Test Drive & Review-kmpl.jpg
The picture shows instantaneous mileage, rev counter, and fuel usage meter. The dials, size as well as the variable that is shown on the screen can be changed. And you can add as many pages as you want

I would also like to thank my facebook friend - Daniel Gilbert for referring me to a team-bhp post which showed that Etios is OBD2 compliant.

Last edited by amalji : 8th January 2013 at 19:34.
amalji is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th January 2013, 20:16   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
For Liva Diesel owners who need the rpm meter, there is a hassle free solution available.
Hello amalji,
That's one useful info!!!! Have you used it in your Etios? And if not much of a problem, can you tell me where's the OBD port in the Etios D?
Thanks & Regards,
Varun
Old 9th January 2013, 08:03   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello amalji,
That's one useful info!!!! Have you used it in your Etios? And if not much of a problem, can you tell me where's the OBD port in the Etios D?
Thanks & Regards,
Varun
Yes, I've bought one for my Etios and it works perfect.
OBD port on Etios is below the steering on the right side of the driver. ( look from down, and you will see it. )
Old 7th February 2013, 05:51   #338
Senior - BHPian

Toyota plans to launch 1500cc Liva soon with some major interior changes read more on
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/18375712.cms
Old 7th February 2013, 08:26   #339
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Toyota plans to launch 1500cc Liva soon with some major interior changes read more on
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/18375712.cms
The launch is for the 1500 cc Petrol Version only!

Cheers!
Old 11th February 2013, 12:34   #340
BHPian

Hello everyone!

I am posting on behalf of two friends of mine. Both of them own Toyota Liva Diesel, 2011 manufactured cars bought in Jan/Feb 2012. Both are facing issues of dipping engine oil levels.

Have any Liva Diesel owners faced any such similar problem?

Had a quick glance thru this entire thread, but couldn't find anything related to oil eating issues except for a mention by BHPian AWD.

Would appreciate any respone/suggestion to this problem

Regards
ASVA
Old 11th February 2013, 14:19   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASVA View Post
Hello everyone!

Have any Liva Diesel owners faced any such similar problem?

Had a quick glance thru this entire thread, but couldn't find anything related to oil eating issues except for a mention by BHPian AWD.
I own an Etios Diesel ( 29,000 kms on the odo, uses toyota fully synthetic oil ) &
my mother owns a Liva Diesel ( 12,000 kms on the odo, uses toyota mineral oil )
- both 2011 make.

Never faced any such issue. After, I saw your post, I went and checked the oil level on my Etios Diesel. It's close to the higher limit mark on the engine oil level checker. My last oil change was 9,000 kms back.

But, I would really appreciate if you could share the contact information of the users facing this issue. I'm curious as to why that might happen. And if at all, I can be of any help, I'll surely help your friends out.

Last edited by amalji : 11th February 2013 at 14:20.
Old 11th February 2013, 14:34   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
I own an Etios Diesel ( 29,000 kms on the odo, uses toyota fully synthetic oil ) &
my mother owns a Liva Diesel ( 12,000 kms on the odo, uses toyota mineral oil )
- both 2011 make.

Never faced any such issue. After, I saw your post, I went and checked the oil level on my Etios Diesel. It's close to the higher limit mark on the engine oil level checker. My last oil change was 9,000 kms back.

But, I would really appreciate if you could share the contact information of the users facing this issue. I'm curious as to why that might happen. And if at all, I can be of any help, I'll surely help your friends out.
Thanks amalji, for your quick response. Unfortunately,the friend who is facing this problem is not in the country at the moment and the other person is a friend of my friend who I do not know directly and was asked for help via my friend.

Coincidentally, on my way back from the airport, I hired a cab which turned out to be a Etios Diesel. On asking the driver, he did admit that he and a couple of his colleagues were facing a similar issue. This conversation with the driver made me realize that the problem wasn't limited to a few people and hence decided to seek help from T-BHP.

Will PM my friends phone number once he is back.

Thanks once again.

Regards
Old 11th February 2013, 18:45   #343
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Both are facing issues of dipping engine oil levels.
& the tragedy strikes! My reports are never wrong!

Quote:
he did admit that he and a couple of his colleagues were facing a similar issue.
Im dead sure about the problem in Altis diesels, these cars share the engines & hence I remained concerned.
AWD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2013, 22:12   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately,the friend who is facing this problem is not in the country at the moment
I can call him on his foreign number. ( I've a skype account. So, it's cheap )

Quote:
and the other person is a friend of my friend who I do not know directly and was asked for help via my friend.
Please take the permission of your friend and give me that number ( if possible ). I'm really eager to know more about this.

Quote:
Coincidentally, on my way back from the airport, I hired a cab which turned out to be a Etios Diesel. On asking the driver, he did admit that he and a couple of his colleagues were facing a similar issue. This conversation with the driver made me realize that the problem wasn't limited to a few people and hence decided to seek help from T-BHP.
Very interesting. Do you remember the name of the taxi fleet that you used ?

Quote:
Will PM my friends phone number once he is back.

Thanks once again.

Regards
Even an email/facebook contact would be fine. I would dearly like to get all facts and get into a conversation with Toyota on it with the reference vehicle registration number and all.
Old 12th February 2013, 09:53   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
& the tragedy strikes! My reports are never wrong!.
I'm not sure how this becomes a tragedy.

Reference thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2155012

2 real team-bhp users have reported issue with engine oil dip on Swift DDiS
Even Maruti's own engineer claimed that losing 100 ml per 1000 kms on DDiS is normal.

Does that mean tragedy for Swift DDiS?

To me, it is a big NO because I've never seen a Swift DDiS engine fail. And I've seen 100s of real Swift DDiS users who have a hassle free experience with that engine.

It's the same with the Etios Diesel as well. I know 'real' Etios/Liva owners - almost all on team-bhp and good chunk in facebook Etios community. No: of users affected by this = 0 as of now from all these users.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks