Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2013, 06:53   #406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post

That's because you own a Petrol Liva. I agree with you. The clutch of Petrol Liva and Etios are one of the lightest I've ever used. But, with Diesel, it's the opposite. It's on the harder side and is harder than the DDiS.Do try it out when you visit Toyota showroom next time.
My friends who have Swift, Dzire and even the Ritz asked me to take my car to Toyota and get the clutch checked. LOL.
Its pretty hard and in Chennai's stop go traffic, i get numbness in my left toes when I'm stuck in the traffic for sometime.
Old 15th December 2013, 18:40   #407
BHPian

Re: Toyota Liva Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
That's because you own a Petrol Liva. I agree with you. The clutch of Petrol Liva and Etios are one of the lightest I've ever used. But, with Diesel, it's the opposite.
Wow, I thought only the engine was different. Strange why the clutch should be that tight with a diesel engine !!
Old 16th December 2013, 10:57   #408
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by acurafan View Post
Wow, I thought only the engine was different. Strange why the clutch should be that tight with a diesel engine !!
Nothing to do with diesel here. Hydraulic clutch is harder than cable clutch.
Over a period of time, due to contamination of oil(same as brake oil which is hydrophilic), there is air and stuff also involved leading to hardness. Bleeding should fix the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
My friends who have Swift, Dzire and even the Ritz asked me to take my car to Toyota and get the clutch checked. LOL.
Its pretty hard and in Chennai's stop go traffic, i get numbness in my left toes when I'm stuck in the traffic for sometime.
It should be slightly harder, not very hard. If its very hard then its an issue.
Old 17th December 2013, 02:20   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Nothing to do with diesel here. Hydraulic clutch is harder than cable clutch.
Any idea why Petrol has Hydraulic clutch and diesel has cable clutch ?
Old 17th December 2013, 11:31   #410
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by acurafan View Post
Any idea why Petrol has Hydraulic clutch and diesel has cable clutch ?
Its the other way round. Diesel vehicles have hydraulic clutch
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2013, 13:19   #411
BHPian

Yesterday, the underbody took a stone hit at 40kmph. I pulled over and i was shocked to see the bonnet open. I tried closing it but it wont go back to it original position. Looks like the radiator has moved up and bent the bar on which the bonnet rests. :(
Very worried about it. Fixed an appointment for service tomorrow at Hasrha Toyota. Fingers crossed. Hope nothing's serious.

Attachment 1180339

Attachment 1180340

I even drove 30kms after the hit. No issues with running and AC works fine too. The TVSS is making a different sound when i lock the car. Any suggestions on what to do? Has anyone else faced this?

Last edited by tsk1979 : 19th December 2013 at 14:05.
Old 3rd January 2014, 01:35   #412
BHPian

Toyota Kirloskar Motors (TKM) have silently introduced the top end version of Liva in the diesel avatar i.e VDSP. It's a welcome move I guess.

The Ex-Showroom price (Delhi) is 7,12,000/- INR.

I am hereby attaching the snapshot of Ex-Showroom price in Kerala along with the new brochure.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Liva Diesel : Test Drive & Review-liva-d4d-vdsp.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf LivaBrochure 1-12page final.pdf (2.32 MB, 724 views)
mroptimist is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 03:19   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroptimist View Post
Toyota Kirloskar Motors (TKM) have silently introduced the top end version of Liva in the diesel avatar i.e VDSP. It's a welcome move I guess.

The Ex-Showroom price (Delhi) is 7,12,000/- INR.

I am hereby attaching the snapshot of Ex-Showroom price in Kerala along with the new brochure.

Thanks.
An excellent and long overdue move. However the pricing is quite high, VDSP seems to be slightly more expensive than the Swift ZDi which has much better equipment levels and interiors. Of course, unlike the Swift the Liva has a useable boot and a people can sit in the rear without much discomfort.

Last edited by chncar : 3rd January 2014 at 03:22.
chncar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 09:38   #414
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday, the underbody took a stone hit at 40kmph. I pulled over and i was shocked to see the bonnet open. I tried closing it but it wont go back to it original position. Looks like the radiator has moved up and bent the bar on which the bonnet rests. :(
Very worried about it. Fixed an appointment for service tomorrow at Hasrha Toyota. Fingers crossed. Hope nothing's serious.

I even drove 30kms after the hit. No issues with running and AC works fine too. The TVSS is making a different sound when i lock the car. Any suggestions on what to do? Has anyone else faced this?
So what happened finally? What was the damage like?

About the security system making a different sound, it should be coz of the open bonnet - same as an open door.
Old 3rd January 2014, 15:31   #415
Distinguished - BHPian

Following in VW and Skoda's steps in releasing cross overs of their respective hatches, Toyota to showcase Etios Cross at 2014 Auto Expo.

Toyota Liva Diesel : Test Drive & Review-toyotaetioscross.jpg

The Etios Cross comes with the following features:
  • Silver skid guard with a new front bumper
  • Silver roof rails
  • Body cladding with Etios Cross embossing
  • Diamond cut alloy wheels
  • Etios Cross’ badge on the boot lid
  • Black center console
  • Chrome air vents
  • Roof spoiler
  • Rear skid guard
If launched, the Etios Cross will be offered with either a 1.5 petrol or 1.4 D-4D diesel engine.

http://www.autosarena.com/scoop-toyo...014-auto-expo/
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 17:57   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post

So what happened finally? What was the damage like?

About the security system making a different sound, it should be coz of the open bonnet - same as an open door.
I took it to Harsha Toyota and what they discovered was quite shocking.
The stone had scraped the engine guard and bent the frame on which the radiator rests.
The radiator got dislocated in the process and the pipes from the radiator got crushed.
The radiator was working fine and there were no issues with the engine either. Got a rough estimate of 12k for replacing the frame and other damaged components. The engine needs to be pulled out, the pipes and the frame need to be changed.
The estimated time for repair is 1 week. I opted for insurance and paid 3k after insurance coverage.
Will be getting the car back on Monday.
I was also informed that my bill is low considering the kind of damage and had it been a VW or Skoda, i would have had to shell out more than 40k for the repairs.
saadat1992 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 18:23   #417
BHPian

Quote:
my bill is low considering the kind of damage and had it been a VW or Skoda, i would have had to shell out more than 40k for the repairs.
Not if you have a Zero Dep!!!

Sorry to hear about your car taking hit. Was the light body of Liva to be blamed fot being vunerable. Also what was the size of rock/stone that hit the Car
Old 3rd January 2014, 18:44   #418
Senior - BHPian

If the crumble zone took the impact, it's designed to absorb the impact and crumble. Did they mention anything about crumble zone?
Old 3rd January 2014, 23:09   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post

Not if you have a Zero Dep!!!

Sorry to hear about your car taking hit. Was the light body of Liva to be blamed fot being vunerable. Also what was the size of rock/stone that hit the Car
Not the light body. Any other car also would have faced a similar damage if you hit a stone( Broken building block from a demolition site) that's almost a foot long.

@amalji - I guess the crumple zone took the impact. That's why they said that the frame needs to be replaced.
saadat1992 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2014, 09:40   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Following in VW and Skoda's steps in releasing cross overs of their respective hatches, Toyota to showcase Etios Cross at 2014 Auto Expo.
Good to see it has plastics where it matters . In cities like Bangalore These are the areas where we brush against two wheelers and what not.

Toyota has done a great study on Indian driving conditions and decided to add plastics where it matters.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks