Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2011, 16:08   #46
BHPian

Re: Tata Indica Vista Refresh : Test Drive & Review

The high bandwidth website of Tata Vista is very good and informative. side and rear 3 quarter view of vista looks nice. The black strip at the hatch has enhanced the rear view. Some how I feel head on front view of vista is least impressing.

It Will be very interesting to see the sales numbers of vista against their open challenge contender Swift for Sepember 2011.
Old 18th September 2011, 17:56   #47
BHPian

TML will surprise with a very high positive expected increase on the vista refresh sales from Sept onwards , atleast the indications are clearly pointing to that.
watch the space..
Old 18th September 2011, 18:40   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
Our Team BHP review is featured on Vista site
It is really heartening to know about this. What is even more amazing for all bhpians is that the Team Bhp review has been listed first (as on 18.9.2011).
Old 19th September 2011, 14:31   #49
BHPian

its a very good refresh. now, all Vista requires is a good auto tranny to become THE city car!

I have a 1st gen Vista (Sept 2008) QJD Aura and it still runs great. my long term review can be found here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2501818

regarding TATA A*S*S, I am largely very happy with them since 2003 when I purchased my V2 DLS. Most people complain about "bad treatment" at TASS'es but IMO, its only because you may have to rub shoulders with a lowly cabbie or two while waiting for your car to be delivered. Other than this lack of snob value, I found nothing seriously amiss. they take feedback very seriously and Tata takes them to task for even a score of 7/10 for any item in the checklist.

Since 2003 I have only seen the quality of service improve every time. Glad to see that the quality of the product is also improving, though its a long hard road to travel.
Old 20th September 2011, 00:17   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityasiera View Post
There you go..i have attached it to the post
Can someone shed light on the loan interest on present scheme of 2380pm/1lac for 60 month? how much % on fixed and reducing type
Old 20th September 2011, 01:05   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsnt View Post
Can someone shed light on the loan interest on present scheme of 2380pm/1lac for 60 month? how much % on fixed and reducing type
I spoke to the TM guys, It is 15.75%.

Going for the test drive tomorrow.
Old 20th September 2011, 18:38   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityasiera View Post
I spoke to the TM guys, It is 15.75%.

Going for the test drive tomorrow.
Please give us a short review.

If interest rate is so high, why TATA motors saying its an offer!!
Old 20th September 2011, 18:59   #53
BHPian

It wont be 15.xx% even if you consider non reducing type you are paying 42800 as interest for loan of years which comes out 8.56% which is way below 11.5% as per current market condition. (11.5% based on corporate offer by hdfc i guess general rate is 12.5%)
Old 20th September 2011, 22:21   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoweirdo View Post
It wont be 15.xx% even if you consider non reducing type you are paying 42800 as interest for loan of years which comes out 8.56% which is way below 11.5% as per current market condition. (11.5% based on corporate offer by hdfc i guess general rate is 12.5%)
checked with reducing type for 11.5% for 60 months EMI comes out at 2178 so the tata finance scheme is on higher side... hence instead of festive offer it must be festive taxing offer
Old 21st September 2011, 22:48   #55
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

nice review Stratos.

Yep the new vista refresh like the manza elan before it does improve quality in leaps and bounds.

They could have given a top end model option with the manza dash as well.

They do lack a 90 bhp diesel - a la punto. That would be a dream buy.

A very underated car, but should sell a lot more than it has been.

kudos to the tata engineers on focusing on the things that matter in this improvement.

The Manza / new vista music system is really feature rich but sounds quite bad. I guess just a 4 speaker upgrade should sort things out - wonder why tata does not do that by default.
Old 23rd September 2011, 17:42   #56

With the government formally deciding that petrol is the new "devil's fuel" and further deciding that such satanic liquids need to be heavily taxed, my 10kmpl Kappa i10 had to be reluctantly put on the block. 2,000 kms a month of travel in that beaut was not an option that was going to be sustainable longer. I had my sights set on a Ford Figo, seeing as I had already tasted some of the sweet handling in my Fiesta. But a 2 month waiting completely put me off.

I turned to the one manufacturer who turns out cars that are brilliant VFM, but buying them is like getting a pack of cadbury gems and hoping to find a blue one. It was a chance that many of my more courageous (read: well endowed) friends had taken, and failed. Miserably.

And hence, with an overwhelming sense of trepidation I called on Concorde Motors to test drive the Vista Refresh. A 2.30p test drive soon turned into a 4.00p arrival, typical I thought. But then the appearance of a summer sparkle vista put all those feelings to rest.

First things first, the improvement in quality is something that has to be seen to be believed. Textured dash, phenomenal level of kit, a nice and pliant ride and a short waiting period seemed extremely enticing.

The turbo lag will take getting used to and so will the centre mounted console. I'm now getting ready for the bigger fight : convincing my folks and my significant other that being seen in a Vista doesn't mean that I have lost my job and had to trade down
subodh_mallya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2011, 00:47   #57
BHPian

The things that i do not like in vista and the things which stopped me from booking a vista are two:
1. Speedometer not in front of the driver ( Can cause big time blunders on highways when you are going 100+)
2. Indica like taillamps.
Old 24th September 2011, 07:31   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subodh_mallya View Post
First things first, the improvement in quality is something that has to be seen to be believed. Textured dash, phenomenal level of kit, a nice and pliant ride and a short waiting period seemed extremely enticing.

The turbo lag will take getting used to and so will the centre mounted console. I'm now getting ready for the bigger fight : convincing my folks and my significant other that being seen in a Vista doesn't mean that I have lost my job and had to trade down
I absolutely agree with you on the improvement point. When we were looking out for a car couple of years back and did the TD for Vista we were taken by surprise. Till that point Swift/i20 were the contenders. But Vista won over because of space and VFM.

My freinds in office were asking me - "You bought a TATA Car?". I did not think that i needed to give them an explanation considering it was my money and i was getting what i wanted within my budget. Once the same freinds had to hitch a ride in my vehicle and were surprised by the space and the quality. And they were the first ones to admit that this is totally different from the Indica. Good buy.
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2011, 14:22   #59
kkg
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry.brant View Post
The things that i do not like in vista and the things which stopped me from booking a vista are two:
1. Speedometer not in front of the driver ( Can cause big time blunders on highways when you are going 100+)

Care to explain why??

I own a spark (first hatch in India with speedo in the middle), and I never had a problem on the highway at any speed.
Old 24th September 2011, 16:27   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry.brant View Post
I don't there is any basis on to this. Looking down to check your conventional speedo to check can be a distraction as well. Spark or Etios/Liva have the same set up and don't see any one complaining about it.

Most Viewed