Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2011, 23:50   #91
BHPian

Re: Tata Indica Vista Refresh : Test Drive & Review

Test drove the Vista Refresh (VX QJD), the car and the interiors were truly delightful. Seriously thinking of buying one over the Figo / Ritz / Liva. Apart from being overall better equipped, the Vista cabin felt a lot quieter than the Figo D, Liva D, Ritz P and Ritz D. Coupled with the zero waiting periods, Vista is making quite a case for itself. Cannot comment on the after sales experience and long term reliability though but at least a TD of the new Vista is highly recommended if you are in the market looking for a comfy diesel hatch.
antz.bin is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2011, 16:20   #92
BHPian

the 2008 Vista QJD that I own still runs great and has not given me any reason to suspect its reliability. even the build quality is good with no panel rattling even after almost 50000 kms.

Any improvement over this naturally has to be better, no doubt about that. my only wish is for an automatic version of Vista....the day they launch it, I'll definitely be one of the first buyers.

regarding the debate about the center console, IMO its just a psychological reaction because most of us are used to the behind-the-wheels position. Practically while driving it makes no difference at all.

Its a fallacy that we have to turn our heads sideways to look at it thereby distracting us from the road. It never happened to me in these 3 years. all it takes is a slight movement of the eyes to the left while facing front - just like how we move the eyes slightly downwards while looking at a conventional console. If moving eyes down does not distract us from the road, how will moving it to left distract us? all it requires is a change in mindset.

whether it looks good or not is a personal view and subjective.
CtrlAltDel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2011, 19:25   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
the 2008 Vista QJD that I own still runs great and has not given me any reason to suspect its reliability. even the build quality is good with no panel rattling even after almost 50000 kms.

Any improvement over this naturally has to be better, no doubt about that. my only wish is for an automatic version of Vista....the day they launch it, I'll definitely be one of the first buyers.

regarding the debate about the center console, IMO its just a psychological reaction because most of us are used to the behind-the-wheels position. Practically while driving it makes no difference at all.

Its a fallacy that we have to turn our heads sideways to look at it thereby distracting us from the road. It never happened to me in these 3 years. all it takes is a slight movement of the eyes to the left while facing front - just like how we move the eyes slightly downwards while looking at a conventional console. If moving eyes down does not distract us from the road, how will moving it to left distract us? all it requires is a change in mindset.

whether it looks good or not is a personal view and subjective.
I also await the happy moment Tata offers A/T on Vista and Safari.

As early owner of vista Aura (IIRC) the refreshed Vista VX which is equivalent to it has a price increase of 75K from 4.75L to current 5.5Land significant features are ABS, better audio with blutooth, improved A/C and control knobs, Steering audio controls and ramped up quality in general.

Don't you feel whopping 75K price hike by Tata on vista Aura now VX is expensive atleast by 35K? and @6.11L the price of Vista ZX is NO VFM and daylight robbery. seriously at a price of 6LVista must come with A/T at VX/ZX variants with all the features.

I like the refresh otherwise .
Old 7th October 2011, 21:56   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
I also await the happy moment Tata offers A/T on Vista and Safari.

As early owner of vista Aura (IIRC) the refreshed Vista VX which is equivalent to it has a price increase of 75K from 4.75L to current 5.5Land significant features are ABS, better audio with blutooth, improved A/C and control knobs, Steering audio controls and ramped up quality in general.

Don't you feel whopping 75K price hike by Tata on vista Aura now VX is expensive atleast by 35K? and @6.11L the price of Vista ZX is NO VFM and daylight robbery. seriously at a price of 6LVista must come with A/T at VX/ZX variants with all the features.

I like the refresh otherwise .
Prior to facelift, the Vista Aura ABS was selling for 5.76 OTR Pune including discounts and free insurance. The current price of Vista VX is 5.96 OTR Pune (including 10k cash discount, some more bargaining possible). For that we get a better music system, Steering audio controls, electrically adjustable ORVMs and bigger brake boosters. I would call it almost a fair price rise. But I wouldn't exactly call the ZX as VFM. The 66k extra is for a set of airbags and alloy wheels only. The rest is available on VX too. (quoted prices include RTO, Insurance and extended warranty)

Last edited by antz.bin : 7th October 2011 at 21:58.
Old 8th October 2011, 14:16   #95
BHPian

when I purchased my Aura QJD (no ABS) in 2008, it cost me 5.56L on road in Hyderabad. It was later reduced and then brought back to around the same level with ABS et al., so as far as I am concerned, the price of the VX with improved features has been increased by around 40-50K more than 2008 prices, which is good value IMO. it may come down again thanks to discounts, offers etc.

at any rate it costs less than equivalent models of Swift etc.
Old 8th October 2011, 20:33   #96
Senior - BHPian

At home we have summer houses on an island outside stockholm where we spend the summers...with long lazy days and short wonderful nights. Stockholm is really the summer night city...and presenting a car perfect for the summer night city-the vista, in summer sparkle.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Indica Vista Refresh : Test Drive & Review-20111008-14.59.25.jpg  

Tata Indica Vista Refresh : Test Drive & Review-20111008-14.59.36.jpg  

Tata Indica Vista Refresh : Test Drive & Review-20111008-14.59.56.jpg  

Tata Indica Vista Refresh : Test Drive & Review-20111008-15.00.07.jpg  

sidindica is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2011, 23:09   #97
BHPian

While Tata tries hard its best to keep Vista away from taxi tag, these guys put the down payment Rs.30,000/- board on the roof top of vista to resemble airport/train station TAXI.

For the sowroom guys, Wouln't it been nice to have put the same downpayment info on a pedestal stand? That could help the visitor not to perceive the vista in display is triggering the Taxi image
Old 9th October 2011, 09:40   #98
Senior - BHPian

Somehow I like this shade. It needs black sporty bits plus gun metal alloys. Wont it look sporty then? If I were to by a diesel car, this car in the very same colour with black sporty bits would be my choice.
Old 9th October 2011, 12:25   #99
BHPian

Hi Guys, I would like to know from existing vista owners how is the highway stability and steering response at speek of around 130-140kmph? I have driven i10 but after 100kmph mark the car has very poor steering response and lane changing feels very jittery.
Old 9th October 2011, 15:13   #100
PPS
Senior - BHPian

A White Vista with a black roof,dark tints & nice gun metal alloys would be my pick (similar to the limited edition offered earlier) !

Also, according to Hormazd Sorabjee of Autocar, the Vista is going to be tweaked even further. The engineers are trying to reduce even more weight from the car !
Old 9th October 2011, 15:38   #101
BHPian

I'm a fan of Indica since the V2 version. But I feel the only disappointing factor on the current Indica version is the center console. I really cannot stand a reason as to what advantage would that center console offer.
Old 9th October 2011, 17:10   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoweirdo View Post
Hi Guys, I would like to know from existing vista owners how is the highway stability and steering response at speek of around 130-140kmph? I have driven i10 but after 100kmph mark the car has very poor steering response and lane changing feels very jittery.
Hardly drive at that speeds for 2 reasons - which roads to drive on (for that speeds) and normally do not exceed 100 kmph. On some occasions on Mumbai - Pune xpressway have touched 120 and the car was stable. I guess folks with experience at that speeds might be able to give a better response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
I'm a fan of Indica since the V2 version. But I feel the only disappointing factor on the current Indica version is the center console. I really cannot stand a reason as to what advantage would that center console offer.
Don't really know any advantages for it but what do you feel are the disadvantages for it? Its only a perception thing in my opinion. It hardly takes any time to get used to. As someone mentioned in earlier posts you don't have to turn your neck to check the console. Only the movement of the eyes.
Old 9th October 2011, 18:00   #103
Senior - BHPian

Did some debadging, euro style. Looks much more fantastic now.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Indica Vista Refresh : Test Drive & Review-img-12.jpg  

sidindica is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2011, 19:30   #104
hvs
BHPian

Vista LX also seems to be overpriced vis-a-vis swift LDI. its the only model that costs more than corresponding swift model
Old 9th October 2011, 19:44   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Just for looks alone, this Vista variant appears desirable - good job on that front, Tata. However - 2 points Stratos mentioned: the soft suspension and sedate engine: symbolizes one of the main reasons why enthusiasts shy away from Tata cars - they are not driver centric.

Off-topic, but, the reason I bring up this point is due to the massive mindshare everyone had for the Tata Indica Sport concept (yellow, featured some decade+ ago during the initial days of the Indica) that really made us believe that this truly Indian company could actually give us cars that are fun-to-drive without creating a hole in the pocket.

Most Viewed