Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2011, 12:09   #211
BHPian

Re: Nissan Sunny : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Most of the fellow bhpians are probably waiting for the Diesel launch which is just around the corner. We should see more action after that.
Precisely. I'm one among them However, waiting for the diesel variant till Feb/Mar'12 is a too long wait period.

Nissan didn't strike the iron when it was hot . Its surprising that Nissan's strategy is merely making them lose more customers.

I've kept my options open since there are lot of cars lined up for roll out in the next couple of months. Nissan taking its own sweet time for the diesel roll out is a worry.
Old 28th October 2011, 12:05   #212
BHPian

Diesel will be something worth looking for, would love to see Nissan working on NVH. Hope the diesel heart will not be overpriced.
should say it was a Neat review!
Old 31st October 2011, 18:12   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL4X4 View Post
All- I have booked the XV model this evening - they are ready to deliver the car on tuesday (silver) dealer confirmed the diesel launch likely feb/mar and the engine is same as in micra, tuned to higher HP .

While on the topic if any fellow Bhpian's can confirm if they have any offers of any kind from the dealership on the 'sunny' the ONP is 8.39Lacs no freebies/no discounts

Hi,
Did you get delivery of the car - I am yet to get mine. I have booked the Bronze Grey and the dealer claims Nissan is not releasing cars of this color (to build up a demand for the signature color perhaps???)

Cheers,
Arun Anand
Old 31st October 2011, 20:19   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand

Hi,
Did you get delivery of the car - I am yet to get mine. I have booked the Bronze Grey and the dealer claims Nissan is not releasing cars of this color (to build up a demand for the signature color perhaps???)

Cheers,
Arun Anand
Arun Anand I have not taken delivery the immediate available delivery was only if I went for Icici loan as the dealer was confident of getting it cleared - I opted for SBI for better deal am willing to wait for an additional week.

While on the topic let me tell you that dealer offer immediate delivery ONLY for single unit top end silver the bronze grey was 4 weeks waiting ( was told upfront) I was not interested in that colour anyway - am saying your dealer is perhaps telling u the truth :-)

Thanks

Since its now delayed am thinking maybe I should wait for the Rapid too...
Old 3rd November 2011, 21:35   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL4X4 View Post
All- I have booked the XV model this evening - they are ready to deliver the car on tuesday (silver) dealer confirmed the diesel launch likely feb/mar and the engine is same as in micra, tuned to higher HP .

While on the topic if any fellow Bhpian's can confirm if they have any offers of any kind from the dealership on the 'sunny' the ONP is 8.39Lacs no freebies/no discounts
I was offered a further 6k corporate discount on the base version. I told them that I am willing to wait till Jan when the diesel launches and I know for a fact that they will have to give discounts to sell the petrol versions. Hearing this, the SA offered me 6k corporate discount + standard fitments free.
Old 5th November 2011, 00:46   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyworld View Post
I was offered a further 6k corporate discount on the base version. I told them that I am willing to wait till Jan when the diesel launches and I know for a fact that they will have to give discounts to sell the petrol versions. Hearing this, the SA offered me 6k corporate discount + standard fitments free.
sunnyworld, do you work with a corporate firm or did they just offer it to you?
I have booked a Sunny XV bronze grey and delivery has been delayed beyond the committed date as the cars are not being dispatched from chennai had a lengthy conversation with the GM of the dealership today and only then did he offer to throw in the extended warranty am beginning to wonder if i should settle for just that.
Old 5th November 2011, 09:17   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libre sito View Post
sunnyworld, do you work with a corporate firm or did they just offer it to you?
I have booked a Sunny XV bronze grey and delivery has been delayed beyond the committed date as the cars are not being dispatched from chennai had a lengthy conversation with the GM of the dealership today and only then did he offer to throw in the extended warranty am beginning to wonder if i should settle for just that.
I do work for a corporate firm but the SA never checked whether my company was listed or not. I am pretty sure my company isn't listed. I think the corporate discount is just sugar coating the discount.
Old 5th November 2011, 13:11   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

Out of curiosity - the air intake for the rear fans is located above the handbrake between the front seats.

Now does this mean that the rear fans simply blow the air from the front part of the cabin into the rear? There are no ducts actually taking the cold air from the AC to the rear fans? If thats the case, then its too much of a "jugaad" job really. It will work probably, but still, proper rear AC vents would have been better and won't have made too much of a dent in money...
(Apologies if someone has posted this already in earlier pages. Haven't been through all of them.)

Also, is this car sold as the Nissan Versa in other markets by chance?
Old 5th November 2011, 13:43   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Out of curiosity - the air intake for the rear fans is located above the handbrake between the front seats.

Now does this mean that the rear fans simply blow the air from the front part of the cabin into the rear? There are no ducts actually taking the cold air from the AC to the rear fans? If thats the case, then its too much of a "jugaad" job really. It will work probably, but still, proper rear AC vents would have been better and won't have made too much of a dent in money...
(Apologies if someone has posted this already in earlier pages. Haven't been through all of them.)

Yes, that is indeed the case but according to the original review, its quiet effective.

From the original review by mobike008
Quote:
What I liked was this nice feature of an air-blower for rear passengers, with air-inlets on the front pulling in air to be lobbed back to rear passengers through the blower. It is quite effective in circulating air to the rear bench. While the front A/C vents still manage to get air to the rear passengers faces, the rear fan blows air at the leg and chest levels. The fan has 2 adjustable vents, as well as two fan-speed modes. On the 2nd fan-speed mode, the blower makes so much noise that it becomes difficult for the front and rear passengers to have a conversation!
Old 5th November 2011, 14:51   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Of course, it is. Here is this plucked out from the opening post of this very thread
Quote:
The Sunny was originally supposed to be badged as the Versa (as it is called in the United States), but Maruti has rights to that name in India.
Old 27th November 2011, 00:32   #221
Senior - BHPian

My friend was generous enough to let me do a few kms in town on his new Nissan Sunny XL which had clocked just above a hundred kms. I was extremely sedate as it is clearly mentioned in the owner's manual about the running-in that the RPM should not exceed 4k for a minimum of 1600 kms for the HR15 engine. I just wanted to have a feel of the ride and the engine and I think I was able to judge it within the short drive. I will just point out what I felt.

- The major thing you will notice about the caaaar is the caaaar itself. Oodles of space is present every where except the glove box. If a leg-rest is also provided for the back seats, you now own a semi-sleeper!

- The boot space is too much and is relatively flat. The boot opens almost half way using the remote.

- Though I do not applaud the design lines of the Sunny, I don't think it hurts and is bearable than say the Micra. Subjective.

- The MID was showing an FE of 13.3 kmpl, which I do not think is that accurate. After topping up the tank initially, not even a bar has disappeared for approximately 140 km of driving.

- The steering felt small and extremely light and too responsive at slow speeds.

- The light colored interiors all around adds to the already cliched space inside the Sunny. Even the steering is light colored. I wonder how one will upkeep the interior spotless.

- The head room in the rear seats is nothing commendable.

- Like the Polo petrol sounds like a diesel engine upon starting, the Nissan Sunny too feels like a diesel upon starting. But if the A/C is not switched on, the Sunny beats the Chevy Beat in terms of NVH upon idle. Though from the outside, if one is to listen to the idling engine, the tone of the engine sound seemed a bit like the old Qualis. I personally do not like such an engine note. It reminds me of an old vehicle - something similar to the Willy's station wagon. Like someone has forgot a bolt inside the cylinder when it was built.

- Though I didn't push the engine, it felt powerful with lot of low-end torque and felt like it is capable of doing a lot more.

- One real negative is the transmission though. It was really irritating to hear some clatter upon gear shifts, especially on lower gears. I did not like the slotting of the gears and the position of the slots. Another thing I noted was a buzz coming from the transmission as and when the RPM increases. We might mistake it coming from the engine, but I felt it coming from the transmission. Zero marks for the transmission.

- Felt that the OEM speakers is just average. There is distortion / vibration of the speakers on maximum volume.

- It is good thing that the ABS and airbag is present even in the base model.

- I loved the windshield washer. When I sprayed it first, I thought the washer motor didn't have enough power. Hold on. Keep it pressed a bit more, you won't get a jet of water, but a nice spray all over the windshield.

- Felt the sound of the horn creeping into the cabin.

- Doors close with the lightest of effort.

- The center console housing the buttons for climate control are a straight lift from the Micra. So are the voice controls for the head unit on the steering. But good that they limited the lifting to these two.

- Plastic quality is just above average.

- Noticed that the rear glass do not have a rubber beading around it! Is it glued to the body?

- Ride quality. I personally did not like the ride quality. Expected the ~7 lacs car to glide over small potholes, but it was not the case. I could not find a comfort which I expect from cars of this segment.

- Driver seating position felt a bit high, but I think it is adjustable. Couldn't try it though.

- Personally, I liked the black color to match the Sunny well. The Sunny looked like a big whale in black - front grill and the rear quarter adding to the feeling.

These are all that I remember now.

Nissan Sunny : Test Drive & Review-img_3692.jpg

Nissan Sunny : Test Drive & Review-img_3694.jpg

Nissan Sunny : Test Drive & Review-img_3690.jpg
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2011, 01:34   #222
BHPian

Folks..
Any news on its Diesel variant launch ??
As i previously heard that its production(at Chennai plant) was scheduled to begin by Oct2011 end.
Old 13th December 2011, 14:46   #223
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally the wait for the Nissan Sunny Diesel is over. People who liked this car but, thought it was best to buy it in a diesel avatar can check out the Sunny with a new heart.

Sunny's diesel engine is powered by the same Micra engine (1.5-liter 4cylinder K9K diesel engine) but after tuning produces a larger power output of 86PS @ 3,750 RPM and 200 Nm @ 2000 rpm.

Safety features are similar in both the D variant which include ABS, EBD, Brake Assist and Drive Side Airbag.

Ex-showroom prices(Delhi) for the Sunny diesel
Rs 7,98,000 (XL) (1.1 lakh over the XL petrol variant)
Rs 8,78,000 (XV) (1.1 lakh over the XV petrol variant)

Booking commences from today.

Source : Nissan Sunny diesel prices, tech specs revealed!
Old 13th December 2011, 15:03   #224
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
produces a larger power output of 86PS @ 3,750 RPM and 200 Nm @ 2000 rpm.

Ex-showroom prices(Delhi) for the Sunny diesel
Rs 7,98,000 (XL) (1.1 lakh over the XL petrol variant)
Rs 8,78,000 (XV) (1.1 lakh over the XV petrol variant)
I think the car is overpriced and it's very close to Rapid. Peak power at very low at 3750RPM means engine is not good for highway use.Let us Hope the city driveability is same as Logan and Micra
Old 13th December 2011, 20:20   #225
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
Peak power at very low at 3750RPM means engine is not good for highway use.
Could you elaborate - not able to understand your point. In my Swift, I reach 100 kmph at 2200 rpm in 5th gear. I guess the speed corresponding to 3750 rpm [in fifth] will be around 160 kmph in Swift which is dangerous. For any persons cruising at 100-120 kmph, Sunny should make sense right?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 13th December 2011 at 20:21.

Most Viewed