Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2012, 14:37   #241
BHPian

Re: Nissan Sunny : Test Drive & Review

Hey,
Had a query and would appreciate if someone could clarify pls.

I'm planning to finalise the Sunny XV Petrol. Just wanted to chk if any buyer on the forum has got an alloy wheel stepney or is it the standard stepney on offer? I find it strange that mfrs can offer 4 alloy wheels, but not a stepney also as an alloy wheel.

Also, I was told by the dealer that if I get the reverse sensors done from outside, it will void the warranty. He's offering me the dashboard based sensor while I was targetting the IRVM based one. Is this correct that the warranty will be voided? Any update on how's the performance of the dashboard based sensor?

Appreciate your feedback.
Old 11th October 2012, 21:58   #242
BHPian

Could I please get an opinion on a comparison between a Sunny and a SX4. It's going to be used as a family car for my parents.

Priorities:
1. Power: Dad loves it.
2. Rear seat comfort.
3. Diesels only: it will run at least a 1000kms every month
4. Music system is not an issue.
Old 11th October 2012, 22:18   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
Could I please get an opinion on a comparison between a Sunny and a SX4. It's going to be used as a family car for my parents.

Priorities:
1. Power: Dad loves it.
2. Rear seat comfort.
3. Diesels only: it will run at least a 1000kms every month
4. Music system is not an issue.
1) Power ( both diesel ) : Well, at speeds below 130 or so, both are even. Both can cruise well at speed what Indian highways are capable of. Cruising at 120 is relatively effortless in both.

2) Space = Sunny. Overall comfort = SX4.
SX4 has seats which are set higher. Advantage is very easy ingress and egress. Moreover, the seat design and under thigh support is better in SX4. For long distance travel, SX4 rear seat is more comfortable IMO. Purely my view because I am a bit on heavier side and also I appreciate more supportive seats than sheer legroom.

SX4 also feels tougher, has better braking and stability. Sunny does not have good braking or as good stability.
Old 11th October 2012, 22:21   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) Power ( both diesel ) : Well, at speeds below 130 or so, both are even. Both can cruise well at speed what Indian highways are capable of. Cruising at 120 is relatively effortless in both.

2) Space = Sunny. Overall comfort = SX4.
SX4 has seats which are set higher. Advantage is very easy ingress and egress. Moreover, the seat design and under thigh support is better in SX4. For long distance travel, SX4 rear seat is more comfortable IMO. Purely my view because I am a bit on heavier side and also I appreciate more supportive seats than sheer legroom.

SX4 also feels tougher, has better braking and stability. Sunny does not have good braking or as good stability.
That was really helpful thanks. I like that seats are that higher on the SX4.

Any idea on what would be the best point of the sunny, which the SX4 doesn't have?
Old 11th October 2012, 22:39   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
Any idea on what would be the best point of the sunny, which the SX4 doesn't have?
An engine with less turbolag. Sunny certainly has less turbolag.
Another thing is FE. Its reported that Sunny has better FE than SX4, but I doubt that its significant enough to change decision ( its my view, though ).
Else, nothing much.

SX4 is backed by a much larger ( and dare I say, better ? ) service network, its proved to light on pocket as far as maintenance goes.
SX4 also has a larger boot.

Nothing much that I can think of. But FE and less turbolag are main advantages. Weak brakes, not so good dynamics and low seats bog down Sunny in my view.
Old 12th October 2012, 21:37   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
An engine with less turbolag. Sunny certainly has less turbolag.
Another thing is FE. Its reported that Sunny has better FE than SX4, but I doubt that its significant enough to change decision ( its my view, though ).
Else, nothing much.

SX4 is backed by a much larger ( and dare I say, better ? ) service network, its proved to light on pocket as far as maintenance goes.
SX4 also has a larger boot.

Nothing much that I can think of. But FE and less turbolag are main advantages. Weak brakes, not so good dynamics and low seats bog down Sunny in my view.
Thanks for the info aaggoswami.. Any idea on what kind of a price difference would I be looking at, on the road? Surely there must be something that makes people go for the Sunny over an SX4..
Old 25th November 2012, 19:04   #247
AWD
BHPian

A question for Sunny owners, how much does paid service cost ? Someone was telling me a regular paid service costs ~ 6-8k.

Also how's the pricing of spare parts ?

Finally what is the average FE owners are getting ?
Old 25th November 2012, 19:24   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
For Sunny petrol, 14-15-15.5 kmpl is the maximum my friend reported in mixed conditions, with highway runs more than the city run, with A/C and moderately loaded.
Old 25th November 2012, 22:22   #249
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
For Sunny petrol, 14-15-15.5 kmpl is the maximum my friend reported in mixed conditions
Thanks & sorry I forgot to mention Diesel was what I wanted to know. 15.5 for petrol is great though!
Old 26th November 2012, 01:07   #250
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD
I get around 17- 18 kmpl in city traffic with 100% ac.
Old 26th November 2012, 01:27   #251
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I get around 17- 18 kmpl in city traffic with 100% ac.
Those are extremely good figures within the City.

Any ideas on how much do paid services cost & how are the spares priced(high/low) ?
Old 26th November 2012, 07:35   #252
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Those are extremely good figures within the City.

Any ideas on how much do paid services cost & how are the spares priced(high/low) ?
No my car has run only 8k kms yet. The 1st service ( 6 months/10k kms) costed me Rs. 2300.
Old 26th November 2012, 08:05   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks & sorry I forgot to mention Diesel was what I wanted to know. 15.5 for petrol is great though!
Aha! Wrong place for the right question. You should have asked in the Sunny Diesel official review thread or in any Sunny diesel ownership threads. For fuel efficiency, what I usually do is search for the car in our fuel efficiency thread. And as far as Sunny diesel is considered, you need not think twice on fuel efficiency. It is either the topper in its class or definitely among the toppers across classes.

Anyway, here are some inputs from ownership reviews on our forum -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2798863
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2857436

And 2 other ownership threads on the diesel -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...diesel-xl.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-sunny-xl.html
Old 26th November 2012, 09:43   #254
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Aha! Wrong place for the right question. You should have asked in the Sunny Diesel official review thread or in any Sunny diesel ownership threads.
Please kindly check the Thread Ttitle, it reads "NISSAN SUNNY :TEST DRIVE & REVIEW"! Regarding posting the ques. in Ownership threads, it would un-intentionally create multiple similar posts, therefore I posted in a common thread.
Old 26th November 2012, 10:46   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please kindly check the Thread Ttitle, it reads "NISSAN SUNNY :TEST DRIVE & REVIEW"! Regarding posting the ques. in Ownership threads, it would un-intentionally create multiple similar posts, therefore I posted in a common thread.
Did I sound offending? No, I did not mean to. I was just directing more material to you and suggesting that your question could have got better visibility in those threads. We have a separate official review thread dedicated to the Nissan Sunny Diesel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks