Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2012, 18:31   #1576
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
This is great news. But..

If Mahindra truly want to go 'North', they must recall the 1st and 2nd batch of XUVs and sort out the issues free of cost. Only then will I be really, REALLY impressed.
+1 to that.

Mahindra may not do that as the "cheaper price" benefit was given to the inital batch of customers. If there was no price difference, they would do it.

I hope i am proved wrong and "all" customers are offered a replacement rod. Toyota offered brakes upgrade to all its fortuner customers. Now thats what i call caring for the customer.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 20:19   #1577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar

Yea, got the call from Sterling Motors SA & he confirmed that while they were in training in chakan plant - many people raised the issue of Steering Rod. Now, M&M has sorted it out for all 2012 vehicles. So, things are going north for sure.
Can you please elaborate what exact changes they have done? I only feel it when I am at a standstill and have to steer to the extreme at ether side while the clutch is pressed.
Old 11th January 2012, 21:07   #1578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb View Post
Hey Guys,
Took the delivery of my XUV yesterday (January'12 Manufactured)...
Congratulations Joyb!

Is there an OFF switch for passenger airbag (for the safety of children)?
Old 11th January 2012, 21:25   #1579
Senior - BHPian

Update: There seems to be a little hope in order to save my XUV from selling.

Had a long chat with my wife and mom regarding this after i started getting all kinds of mails for taking this extreme step too soon. I am trying to convince them to keep both XUV and Fiesta for some time as they are against keeping 3 cars as only me and my wife drives. My recommendation was that i would drive Fiesta most of the time on weekdays and once a while like Fridays (which are fun days) i can take XUV to office, so this will solve the problem of tight corners at night. But the condition they have is that i would not spend any money on any of them.Nahiiii

So here goes my ICE upgrade for Fiesta.

Now what to do. I have asked them to give me a days time to think on this.

PS: I have started driving XUV little bit more to see if it really can stay with me for long or not.
nitinralli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 21:47   #1580
BHPian

Waiting for my Black XUV 500 W8 AWD on friday ;-) , still a bit confused about the AWD, the Mahindra guys in the showroom has only a vague idea and get nuts if I dig in for details. As mentioned in this column, if the AWD works only till 30 kmph, then what about when I want to do some dune bashing or just a drive along the beach? Why is the AWD lock switch present, I thought that would be there for circumstances like these....

P.S- The showroom guy, when I asked him whether there is a diff lock, said, there are two, one in the front and one in the back in AWD models. I thought what the hell, maybe M&M has upgraded the 2012 model and was exited and asked him to show it and climbed in to see the switch or something, he gave a proud smile walked in front of the vehicle and pointed at the undercarriage and said its here you got to look. My ancient brain got the joke and I acted as if nothing happened, didn't want to embarrass that fine gentleman. Guys, Iam not telling this to blame M&M, these things do happen sometimes, this is just for some lighter moment. Have fun.

Last edited by drjones : 11th January 2012 at 21:56.
Old 11th January 2012, 23:39   #1581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Keep the XUV, it would be a joy to drive.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 00:30   #1582
Senior - BHPian

@nitin - If its the new fiesta then I would keep the fiesta any which day.
Old 12th January 2012, 08:51   #1583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones View Post
Waiting for my Black XUV 500 W8 AWD on friday ;-) , still a bit confused about the AWD, the Mahindra guys in the showroom has only a vague idea and get nuts if I dig in for details. As mentioned in this column, if the AWD works only till 30 kmph, then what about when I want to do some dune bashing or just a drive along the beach? Why is the AWD lock switch present, I thought that would be there for circumstances like these....

P.S- The showroom guy, .
I wish I could give you some answers, but interestingly, I never did and havent still got my user's manual for my AWD. It seems the dealer was still awaiting the AWD manuals when they delivered mine on Dec 30 and they havent come yet.

I do know that when left to do this automatically, AWD only kicks in till 30kmph (if it needs to) and after that is FWD all the way. However, the AWD lock button is just for the kind of driving you mentioned - along the beach or over the dunes, when you know you will be over 30kmph and will need all four wheels. How much of that kind of driving we will ever do, I dont know. Sure does sound like fun though !!
JeepSomeday is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 09:34   #1584
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post

PS: I have started driving XUV little bit more to see if it really can stay with me for long or not.
Hey Nitin,

I think you should keep the XUV. Trust me. I know how it feels to upgrade from hatch/sedan to an SUV/MPV. I had the same experience when I took over the Innova keys. Earlier used to drive a Santro/Lancer. But just drive it for 2-3 months and then you will be surprised to note that it no longer would feel huge and bulky. Parking is ofcourse an issue but at most times if you can park a Fiesta in a spot, you will probably be able to squeeze in the XUV too.

My Advice: Stick to the XUV. The Harley davidson sounds great but I am not convinced of the fun part given the state of traffic, pollution, noise and above all lawlessness on our roads.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 11:30   #1585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smopuri View Post
Congratulations Joyb!

Is there an OFF switch for passenger airbag (for the safety of children)?
Nopes. At least I haven't found one yet. Still trying to get a grip of all the features and functions. Plan to go through all the owner manuals this weekend.
Joyb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 15:20   #1586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones View Post
Waiting for my Black XUV 500 W8 AWD on friday ;-) , still a bit confused about the AWD, the Mahindra guys in the showroom has only a vague idea and get nuts if I dig in for details. As mentioned in this column, if the AWD works only till 30 kmph, then what about when I want to do some dune bashing or just a drive along the beach? Why is the AWD lock switch present, I thought that would be there for circumstances like these.
Hi, Found these two scanned images from xuv500 awd manual on facebook. There is no mention of awd working only below 30 kmph. Last pic of xuv dune bashing also from facebook but not sure if it is a real pic or photoshop.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-405033_2984675461614_1403840742_33319265_79505470_n.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-404824_2984679421713_1403840742_33319267_1754161788_n.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-405464_283337021714838_100001156261683_722293_273764443_n.jpg  

dockap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 15:52   #1587
Team-BHP Support

Last pic is from Rajasthan Mahindra Royal Escape. Overdrive magazine team was the only one to take a XUV500 to the event.

I believe it performed ok but dune bashing is surely not it's forte.

Mod Jaggu should have more details.
Old 12th January 2012, 16:28   #1588
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Vid6639 on this. This is going to be a good vehicle for superb on-road/highway performance and great level of comfort with bad/country/sometimes no roads. I would say, ask Safari/Scorp folks with 4wd option on how many real situations when they had to use 4wdH/L (excluding those situations where they intentionally took their vehicle in such situation just to test the capabilities OR for the sake of it since they spent money on 4wd option). I would say it will be less than 5-2% of time (considering general usage, crazy folks like me who really like to take the vehicle to a place where they know that its going to stuck for sure are exampted again).
So, if you really think that you are going to do a lot of such crazy things, buy a dedicated vehicle for that.. else just use this one for good on-road/highway purpose.

I agree that the AWD option is given with some considerations, but to me it really doesnt make much sense to go with AWD just for the sake of it and then look for opportunities to use it. If you have real need, go for Thar like vehicle. Thats just my opinion.

Last edited by Ketan : 12th January 2012 at 16:31.
Old 12th January 2012, 20:00   #1589
Senior - BHPian

Look guys what i got in mail today

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv1.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv2.jpg

First Auto Expo media passes and now this. Is Mahindra trying to give me a hint as to NOT sell my XUV
Old 13th January 2012, 12:28   #1590
Senior - BHPian

I tried searching in this and another thread but may be I'm not using the right keywords. Sorry if its a repeat question. However, I would like to know if I can get the mapmyindia module with the W6 or any options to get the navigation added to the W6 infotainment system!!
This one doesnt have a lot of importance since the majority of times I use it for bypasses + navigating thru the cities while on long drives. I thought it would be better to make use of this big screen rather than adding another device for this little purpose. Any ideas! if possible, how big the effort and is it worth thinking about!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks