Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2012, 14:43   #1651
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
This looks to be a direct draw situation. Based on what I understand from the dealer; You will have to be ready with a DD (80K) between Jan 25 and Feb 3rd, provide identity, address proofs and some more documents along with a cancelled cheque to be able to fill the draw form. Feb 15 is when the draw results will be out. The chosen 7200 shall continue with the booking process and may get a delivery within 1 to 4.5 months delivery time (no idea how its going to be prioritized at this point though) and rest will get their money back. So, much for a car booking!!
There is no doubt that people will still be lining up to book (remember the initial hype on the Indica & Nano) despite the not so good reviews on the first round of vehicles.

I hope M&M would have taken care of all the issues reported and this time round people would get a niggle free vehicle.
Old 17th January 2012, 14:47   #1652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Just read the press-release. A lucky draw if the bookings are beyond 7200?
Now I've heard everything! Buying a M&M vehicle is itself a lottery, and they want to pick and choose even those customers who are brave enough to do so??? This is certainly case study material for all MBA colleges!

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 15:35   #1653
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Now I've heard everything! Buying a M&M vehicle is itself a lottery, and they want to pick and choose even those customers who are brave enough to do so??? This is certainly case study material for all MBA colleges!

Cheers,
Vikram
Fantastic! I get it now. Mahindras want to choose their own guinea-pigs. You can NOT volunteer.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 17:00   #1654
mxx
BHPian

The lottery system is a blessing in disguise actually, it gives you one more reason to stay away from XUV for now. For now, we cant clearly say being selected in the lottery is you being lucky or unlucky.
I think the best time to buy xuv is after a year when all the problems have been sorted out. Till then there will be enough guinea pigs for mahindra to identify everything. I hope mahindra will fix issues as soon as it is identified.
Old 17th January 2012, 17:26   #1655
BHPian

Chalta hai !: M&M doing a Tata Nano !

Wrote a blog highlighting the points mentioned by various members on the forum. Posted the same on XUV facebook page and tweeted the link to Mr. Mahindra. Don't know if any action would be taken but in all "fairness", worth a shot.

I think tbhp members can send a strong statement to manufacturers on their FB page (remember how skoda was running like headless chicken?). This is ridiculous, not just lottery system but overall customer management.
Dieseling is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 17:57   #1656
BHPian

Got my Black AWD 2 days back. Very fine vehicle. Iam starting to like it, but not driven it quite yet { 200 Kms }. Maybe there is not yet any niggles or Iam soo blinded in love to notice all those things. One thing I've noted, when I give some acceleration and release the clutch in the first and second gear, I hear a loud thud, similar to the ones I get in my jeep if the joints are loose or worn out, its as if the is a play between the engine and the drive terrain, any idea guys?
drjones is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 18:00   #1657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I dont like the quality compromises that are regularly made in order to build things to a certain cost expectation - this is quite a visible phenomenon in our cars and other things. Hence the comment. It also applies of course to the Foreign chaps "designed for India, to a cost" thought process, so I hope that clarifies! I dont like being treated as a second class chap myself!
I think there are 2 aspects which hinder Indian car (or any product) makers from making real world class products with quality
  • what is the threshold point which decides how much consumers demand (in terms of quality, refinement etc) and how much they are willing to spend. If the target consumers are not ready to pay beyond certain point, and would live with a somewhat compromised quality levels, then that is the threshold point. Manufacturer are not motivated to push beyond this point.
  • Assuming consumers do demand quality, there is still a question of capability. Making a quality products requires something more then 'good intentions'.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 18:35   #1658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepSomeday View Post
Yep, tried that too. We opened the tailgate and test drove with the tailgate open to see if the noise comes from up there or elsewhere. It was clearly coming from somewhere in the underbody right rear. Thats the last one we did, after which they wanted to dismantle the AC cooling coil !!
Sharad, just got a call from my RM, incidentally my car is in the garage today to sort out the infamous khat khat problem, as some senior gentleman from Mahindra has come to provide a solution. According to the RM they have now sorted it out, this was due to the front RHS shocker bracket which had some unwanted lateral movement, they have changed the entire assembly. They still want to re-check the car tomorrow morning, and has requested me to leave the car with them and offered to pay for my cab bills until then.

I am keeping my fingers crossed, and hope the problem disappears, I will definitely though try to get in the roots of the cause, that why was this problem developed in the first place. We own 5 cars currently almost one from each manufacturer, and I must say that M&M is prepared to make up and go further for its shortcomings in the quality and the initial niggles of their product. It is indeed a huge satisfaction when at least workshops and manufacturers are willing to hear and work with you on your suggestions and problems on their product, which unfortunately is not at all true for the rest of the majority in India.

I feel M&M has still a long way to go, but with this attitude they will get their much faster!!
AGwagon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 20:53   #1659
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahindra
- The priority of delivery will be decided based on the sequence picked in Draw, it will have no bearing on date of application submission within the 10 days of application period.

- To ensure a fair chance for everyone, the Draw will be city wise/dealer wise.
Additional details from the XUV site. More ridiculousness
Old 17th January 2012, 20:57   #1660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon

Sharad, just got a call from my RM, incidentally my car is in the garage today to sort out the infamous khat khat problem, as some senior gentleman from Mahindra has come to provide a solution. According to the RM they have now sorted it out, this was due to the front RHS shocker bracket which had some unwanted lateral movement, they have changed the entire assembly. They still want to re-check the car tomorrow morning, and has requested me to leave the car with them and offered to pay for my cab bills until then.

I am keeping my fingers crossed, and hope the problem disappears, I will definitely though try to get in the roots of the cause, that why was this problem developed in the first place. We own 5 cars currently almost one from each manufacturer, and I must say that M&M is prepared to make up and go further for its shortcomings in the quality and the initial niggles of their product. It is indeed a huge satisfaction when at least workshops and manufacturers are willing to hear and work with you on your suggestions and problems on their product, which unfortunately is not at all true for the rest of the majority in India.

I feel M&M has still a long way to go, but with this attitude they will get their much faster!!
Good to hear that they have sorted out the khat khat noise. Somehow I have a feeling that those who own the XUV are coming out and sharing our positive experience of comfort, confidence aspiring attitude of the Mahindra staff and also positive review of the car, are somehow ignored, while people who don't have spent decent time with the XUV or have to directly deal with after sales staff are shouting from the roof top, that the breaks are bad, electronics are unreliable, even read people comments like expectations that Mahindra should recall the first lot. Guys Mahindra is bold enough to pack so many features, and I appreciate them for that I have the first lot and there's no recall worthy problem in the car as such. how ever I would have liked the middle row adjustment as an upgrade if they come out of any solution for it in near future.
rohitbagai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 21:00   #1661
BHPian

Here is some information regarding the lottery from Mahindra XUV500

Why is M&M doing the draw in the 2nd phase of booking for XUV500?
- M&M would like to give equal opportunity to people to apply for XUV500.
- We also would like to keep the waiting period up to a maximum of 4 months.
- Therefore to ensure that the process is fair & transparent, M&M has decided to undertake a unique draw in case the booking requests exceed 7200.
2. In how many cities is the XUV500 draw/booking opening?
- XUV5OO will now extend to 19 cities (at "Selected Authorized Dealers") in India namely - Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore, Pune, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Chandigarh/Mohali/Panchkula, Ludhiana, Jallandhar, Patiala, Kochi, Trivandrum, Calicut, Trissur, Coimbatore, Nagpur and Nasik.
- The list of selected authorised dealers will be available on the link: Mahindra XUV500 | Price, Review, Videos, Test Drive, Photos and Specifications | Latest SUV in India
3. What will be the procedure for the 'XUV500 Draw'?
- The draw application period is from 9 a.m on
January 25th to 7 p.m on February 3rd, 2012 (both days included). The applications will be available at the Selected Authorized Dealers' & will have to be deposited at the same dealerships.
- The priority of delivery will be decided based on the sequence picked in Draw, it will have no bearing on date of application submission within the 10 days of application period.
- Payment of the amount of deposit of Rs. 80, 000/- (Rs. Eighty Thousand only) in the form of a single Demand Draft or a Pay order, in the name of "Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd." payable at the city/location of M&M local area office, details of which will be available with the Selected Authorized Dealers.
- The applicants will be selected randomly by an automated process from the entries received at the close of the Application period.
- To ensure a fair chance for everyone, the Draw will be city wise/dealer wise.
4. How will the Draw be conducted? How will it be ensured that its fair & transparent?
- The draw process will be validated by the professional services firm Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu India Pvt. Ltd. (DTTIPL) as per mutually agreed scope & terms between M&M and DTTIPL.
- Details of the draw process will also be announced in media & the brand website shortly to ensure complete transparency of the process.
- You can refer to the detailed terms & conditions in the application form as well as the Terms & Conditions tab below.
5. When & where will be the Draw done, how will the results be announced?
- The XUV500 draw will be conducted at a central location in Mumbai. The venue for the same will be notified to the media who will be invited to cover the draw event.
- Result of the XUV500 Draw will be announced on or before Feb 15th, 2012.
- The results will be published on the XUV500 web-site Mahindra XUV500 | Price, Review, Videos, Test Drive, Photos and Specifications | Latest SUV in India
- Besides this, the Winning Applicant may, at the option of the Company, be notified by way of courier/e-mail/ phone call/ print media, etc.

Here is the link to the terms and conditions:

Mahindra XUV500 | Terms & Conditions

-- Wind
Old 17th January 2012, 21:38   #1662
BHPian

This is ridiculous. Shows that the so called consultant is behind this unique idea. All the goodwill M&M generated so far will go down the drain.

Good that I booked in the first lot and got my delivery as per the FIFO system. I have never been lucky in "lucky draws" in my life
LastActionHero is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 22:57   #1663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
This looks to be a direct draw situation. Based on what I understand from the dealer; You will have to be ready with a DD (80K) between Jan 25 and Feb 3rd, provide identity, address proofs and some more documents along with a cancelled cheque to be able to fill the draw form. Feb 15 is when the draw results will be out. The chosen 7200 shall continue with the booking process and may get a delivery within 1 to 4.5 months delivery time (no idea how its going to be prioritized at this point though) and rest will get their money back. So, much for a car booking!!
I believe this is exactly Tata did at the time of Nano booking. Only difference, it was full price paid upfront, but TM paid interest on the deposit till delivery.
Old 17th January 2012, 23:14   #1664
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
Why is M&M doing the draw in the 2nd phase of booking for XUV500?
1. M&M would like to give equal opportunity to people to apply for XUV500.
2. We also would like to keep the waiting period up to a maximum of 4 months.
3. Therefore to ensure that the process is fair & transparent, M&M has decided to undertake a unique draw in case the booking requests exceed 7200
Points 1 & 3 conflicts?? What if the bookings are within 7200 ? Are they going to do FIFO ?

If there are a total of 8000 applications, then M&M choose 7200 from those 8000 who will get their cars in the second set? And the rest 800 gets straight away shortlisted for the third set? Or do they again have to go thru the same ordeal ?
Old 17th January 2012, 23:17   #1665
BHPian

XUV500 W8 AWD model will not be available for the 2nd lot of bookings as per info posted at M&M website

Due to the pending bookings of phase 1, we are not offering AWD in 2nd phase of bookings.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks