Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2012, 13:15   #1726
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

I guess I'm ok with giving the 80K as deposit since I will be doing that anyways if they bump up the booking amount, but draw thingy is not good! I'm not a lottery guy. I would rather stay away for now and that will also gives me some good time to look at the feedback of the second lot as you said (I'm taking that as a serious note as well ).
Old 25th January 2012, 14:51   #1727
BHPian

Yea, I will be booking my life's costliest lottery till date.
Will be doing it on Friday.

Just out of curiosity , called up Sterling Motors Gurgaon & SA confirmed that they have booked 400+ vehicles in first 2 hours itself !!

:(
Old 25th January 2012, 15:34   #1728
BHPian

This lottery system looks nothing more than a marketing gimmick to me.

It should be a wise decision to wait and watch for Duster launch.
Old 25th January 2012, 15:58   #1729

Nation-wide gamble for the M&M XUV500?

What are your thoughts about the new M&M XUV500's lottery?

I'd pre-ordered for the XUV500 W8 at VVC Motors Hyderabad on 06th Oct 2011, just based on the trust I had on M&M.

The vehicle has not been delivered and the delivery dates kept slipping. Now, after waiting 3+ months they ask me to apply for their grand nation-wide gamble for the vehicle, which obviously doesn't guarantee a delivery and worst case makes me wait for another 4.5 months *if* my order is "picked". on:

Is it fair on M&M's part? Can I drag them/dealer to Consumer Court before collecting my order refund? Please advise.

Thanks,

Nirav
Old 25th January 2012, 16:06   #1730
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post
Any info on how bad is the rush in the dealership? Just curious
Will they reach 7200 or is it a case of overestimation?
I was also wondering if it actually will cross 7200...
But after avinashsg told me something, I'm sure it will cross 7200.

Our BHPian friend was the first to reach the showroom...not because he wanted to, but because he had to attend to some other important work.
He was the first to fill the form and by the time he could finish the form, 20 people were in line to purchase the "malaamal weekly" lottery ticket.

Now here comes the best part...The second person had bought three of these 80k lottery tickets; one in his father's name, one in his wife's name and one in his own name

"All you people out there planning an XUV...If you were doubtful of your luck/chances, I'm sorry to say this, but that luck/chance percentage will be reduced because of such people"
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2012, 16:56   #1731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post

Now here comes the best part...The second person had bought three of these 80k lottery tickets; one in his father's name, one in his wife's name and one in his own name
And if he is really "lucky" he gets 3 XUVs !!! and may be then he will have to buy a new house with a bigger parking to put all 3 of them .. Wow , thats gonna be one lucky chap
Old 25th January 2012, 17:03   #1732
BHPian

Quote:

"All you people out there planning an XUV...If you were doubtful of your luck/chances, I'm sorry to say this, but that luck/chance percentage will be reduced because of such people"
Man I really don't know whats wrong with the public. XUV is a new vehicle, still in version-1. And if product cycle is to be followed then there will some beta bugs to be fixed which will be reported by the beta users(the scapegoats) .

I appreciate risk appetite of people waiting in queue for a product which has not even seen a proper 1000 km review.(I am also worried about their safety)
Old 25th January 2012, 17:08   #1733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
And if he is really "lucky" he gets 3 XUVs !!! and may be then he will have to buy a new house with a bigger parking to put all 3 of them .. Wow , thats gonna be one lucky chap
This is getting interesting and as intense as the low cost housing by MHADA or DDA
Old 25th January 2012, 17:13   #1734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
Man I really don't know whats wrong with the public. XUV is a new vehicle, still in version-1. And if product cycle is to be followed then there will some beta bugs to be fixed which will be reported by the beta users(the scapegoats) .

I appreciate risk appetite of people waiting in queue for a product which has not even seen a proper 1000 km review.(I am also worried about their safety)
It just proves that M&M has got it spot on. Im driving an xuv for 3 months , finished 1st service and current ODO is 6k. And Im mighty happy about that vehicle.

At 11 lacs you still have a steal, and thats the reason people waited for 5 months after booking on the 1st week of launch, and still que up for the relaunch.

Though Im strongly opposed to the lottery system, it still proves that, if you can give what the consumer needs in a decent enough platter, you will rock the market.
mannubhai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2012, 17:27   #1735
BHPian

Quote:

He is not the first one to do this - I know that many people will gonna follow the same approach.
However, interesting thing would be to see the next step. Imagine, if a person gets lucky twice (he & his father wins lottery). then he will drop that extra vehicle. What happens to the number 7200 in that case - it may be reduced to 5000 odd vehicles.

NOTE: They can't transfer it to someone else, as mentioned by M&M already.
Old 25th January 2012, 17:32   #1736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
JeepSomeday, I'm delighted to inform you that the khat khat noise, has been done away, I have driven the car myself to double check this. Apparently there was a manufacturing defect in the Front RHS shocker bracket, and they changed the entire assembly. You may now get yours done without having to tear-off anything else.
Guess what, my 'khat khat' sound has gone too. And its thanks to water !! Surprised? Here's what happened. After doing all that they did when I last went to the workshop, we went on a final TD and agreed that this sound is pretty much there, as it was when I came in.

After that, they did the customary car wash.

After that, the sound dissapeared And it hasnt come back for the last 2 weeks.

Was it the shocker they changed that got 'adjusted' somehow after the wash, I dont know. I dont like the fact that I dont know what the problem was. I always feel it will come back. But, so far so good.

Ofcourse, I am getting more sounds now.

1. From the plastic door panel on the rear LHS
2. From the plastic door panel on the driver side
3. Somewhere from the boot panel

When I press any of these while driving, the sound goes away.

Maybe I should 'car wash' the interior also .
Old 25th January 2012, 18:21   #1737
BHPian

Hey Naveen, I think you haven't read the T & C completely. It has lots of clauses and one of them being, This particular lucky draw will only entitle you to book a XUV5OO. Once you have been selected as winner the lucky draw, you will have 15 days time to either go ahead with the booking or you can cancel it.

I suspect the following things can happen.
1. There can be multiple bookings from the same person through different dealers in the same city as the draw is City-wise and Dealer-wise. If the chap is really lucky and gets selected from different dealers, then M&M has the clause that one vehicle will be allotted to him.
2. They are asking for the Address proof, so that you and your wife are booking and if both win, only one is going to make it as may be the address proof is considered. If you are staying away don't blame me for this :-(
3. Another Probability what I see is that Mahindra might be taking few more numbers beyond 7200 (which is sort of waiting list) and the people who cancel there bookings because of multiple winnings/other reasons, the wait listed guys could be getting chance which will be intimated in a different way through a mail or postal communication.
4. But by the way of current rate of bookings it would be some where around 30K - 40K bookings overall from 19 cities. Probability should be around 1:5.

Keeping my finger crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
He is not the first one to do this - I know that many people will gonna follow the same approach.
However, interesting thing would be to see the next step. Imagine, if a person gets lucky twice (he & his father wins lottery). then he will drop that extra vehicle. What happens to the number 7200 in that case - it may be reduced to 5000 odd vehicles.

vrrraju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2012, 18:24   #1738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrrraju View Post
Hey Naveen, I think you haven't read the T & C completely. It has lots of clauses and one of them being, This particular lucky draw will only entitle you to book a XUV5OO. Once you have been selected as winner the lucky draw, you will have 15 days time to either go ahead with the booking or you can cancel it.

I suspect the following things can happen.

3. Another Probability what I see is that Mahindra might be taking few more numbers beyond 7200 (which is sort of waiting list) and the people who cancel there bookings because of multiple winnings/other reasons, the wait listed guys could be getting chance which will be intimated in a different way through a mail or postal communication.

Keeping my finger crossed.
Point 3 seems more valid. Because point 2 is not in practice with many people.

e.g. kids not staying with parents, brothers not staying in same address, etc.
Old 25th January 2012, 18:26   #1739
BHPian

Well everyone has got their own thoughts to it, in my opinion this is the best Mahindra could have done. I have personally observed (by listening to the discussions being carried out in showroom, over the phone etc etc) the pressure being mounted on the poor dealership guys from our MP's, MLA's, Municipal Corporaters, Senior Excise personal, Senior Police Personal,Etc.. etc... basically any person holding a significant position in any government office, to get an early delivery. In the present scenario, wherein bookings have been opened in additional cities, I doubt if anyone not having a jack or influence would have got delivery of an XUV. When the bookings started for the first lot, a lot of these influential people were still thinking about it, arranging for the money, when the bookings were closed.

Am sure that this time, under normal booking process, (specially in places like Delhi, Gurgaon, Punjab) the dealers would have been forced to allot all the available XUV's to these VIP's. It may sound exaggerated, but trust me it was very well a possibility. Now at least its a luck game.

Last edited by Joyb : 25th January 2012 at 18:30.
Joyb is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2012, 19:11   #1740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
What happens if i want to cancel my booking after i get selected in the lottery. Assume i have a genuine reason. Would the money be refunded to me as it is logic that my vehicle would go to the next one in the queue.

Most Viewed