Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2012, 12:20   #1771
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious
usually the proposals in budget discussions are enforced from Apr 1. So if you register your car on Mar 30/31, you get the current rates & NOT the revised ones. One of the reasons we see HUGE number of deliveries on Mar 30/31.
IMO... The huge number of deliveries in the month of march is more attributed to the depreciation benefits that could flow out of it.

You can save a cool 20k on your tax pay out by just buying and using it in march.

The same applies to the month of september as well. Jus that u can save upto 45k on your tax pay out!

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 28th January 2012 at 12:27.
Old 28th January 2012, 13:20   #1772
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I don't understand how do we get this 30 day period? The booking closes on 3 Feb 2012 & draw will be held on 15 Feb 2012. So for those people who have booked on 3rd Feb, the deposit period will only be 2 weeks! "
Probably you missed this part "The said refund to unsuccessful participants will be made within 30 days from the date of announcement of the Winning Applicants. No interest shall be payable on this amount."

Last edited by Jo-G : 28th January 2012 at 13:42.
Old 28th January 2012, 14:01   #1773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo-G

Probably you missed this part "The said refund to unsuccessful participants will be made within 30 days from the date of announcement of the Winning Applicants. No interest shall be payable on this amount."
It's WITHIN 30 days not AFTER 30 days. So it's wrong to assume all refunds will be processed on the 30th day.
rohitbagai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2012, 14:25   #1774
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
IMO... The huge number of deliveries in the month of march is more attributed to the depreciation benefits that could flow out of it.

You can save a cool 20k on your tax pay out by just buying and using it in march.

The same applies to the month of september as well. Jus that u can save upto 45k on your tax pay out!
Oh, Never knew this part. I have seen my friends buying it in March saying the prices increase in April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo-G View Post
I mean this is still fair from the company's part as there is NO hidden conditions. People have the right to choose to apply or NOT. Far better than those who take bookings & then keep hiking rates with no mercy for the guys who have been waiting for 6+ months! Anand Mahindra on twitter, cleared that they choose to put the 80K deposit hoping to cut down on multiple [proxy] bookings. Sadly it didn't work out.
Old 28th January 2012, 17:47   #1775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious
Oh, Never knew this part. I have seen my friends buying it in March saying the prices increase in April.....
Further to my previous post, I would like to add that this benefit does not accrue to salaried individuals. It is only for people who have income from business or profession.

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 28th January 2012 at 17:50.
Old 28th January 2012, 18:25   #1776
BHPian

No it is also applicable to salaried employees whose companies offer them company leased vehicles, in this case whatever they pay towards the emi is deducted from taxable income.

Though it if off topic but I feel that the leasing companies will not participate in such draws on your behalf, neither M&M will allow to do it:-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels
Further to my previous post, I would like to add that this benefit does not accrue to salaried individuals. It is only for people who have income from business or profession.
Old 28th January 2012, 20:38   #1777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrrraju View Post
No it is also applicable to salaried employees whose companies offer them company leased vehicles, in this case whatever they pay towards the emi is deducted from taxable income
Am talking about the depreciation part here. As in.... you cannot buy a car and claim depreciation as deduction from your salary.

Leases operate in a different way. Even in that case depreciation can be claimed only by the leasing company. I know that EMI are deducted from your salary but considering that as a deduction from Taxable Income is a news to me.

I think we are going too off topic here, May be we should continue the discussion here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...ter-you-9.html
Old 29th January 2012, 00:34   #1778
BHPian

Bought my first and most expensive lottery ticket !
Hopefully, with such an innovative methods being used, we may see IITs and IIMs taking admission on lottery system, thereby giving all en equal chance and somewhat reduce debate around reservations.

However, the staff at Koncept Auto in Lajpat Nagar was extremely courteous and seemed like doing almost everything as per the rule book. I also booked a White Scorpio SLE (7 seater) from them and looking forward to have atleast one mhawk under my backside, maybe even before draw results come out.
Old 29th January 2012, 02:28   #1779
Team-BHP Support

Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Took a TD of the XUV-5OO today (finally ) and I must say, I'm rather disappointed.

I had my hopes up as I walked into the showroom. The car looks nice, albeit a few bits like the excessive honey-comb garnish on the front bumper. Didn't like the motif on the rear brake-light.

Getting to the real stuff..
  • While it's a huge step ahead for Mahindra (trust me, I was positively flabbergasted after sitting in the Bolero - the steering column, for instance, not only fouls with your knee, but also is hugely misaligned - you sit straight and the steering-wheel feels like it's a whole 6" too much to the left) it still isn't perfect, ergonomically. I never 'found' that comfortable seating-position that I was looking for. Just could not feel at ease.
  • There is a lot of play in the brakes, or maybe it was just the TD XUV that had this issue. But again, the TD vehicle should give you a good indication of what it would be like (roughly) to drive once the car is parked in the garage with the miles notched-up.
  • Clutch felt heavy and shifting gears was hard work. Never slotted in smoothly and made a helluva racket. (exaggerating there *grins*, but it did make a loud and prominent 'clunk' noice, especially when shifted into reverse)
  • I tried getting myself into a comfortable position in the drivers' seat by adjusting the recline when the knob on the side of the seat came in my hand!
  • I don't know if the others noticed, but the roof from the inside looked and felt ugly. Not to mention flimsy. And did I say ugly?
  • Massive turbo-lag in 3rd gear. I floored it while doing 30 in 3rd and it took eons for the turbo to spool-up and give the SUV a shove. I had to slow down by then. Disappointed.
  • Fit and finish in the interior is average. Hated the felt-material cloth that lines the insides of the cubby-holes. Looks ugly and feels worse!
  • Buttons on the dash don't have that soft-touch feel. Feels like pressing the buttons on an old Nokia phone. I did not like the 'click' noise either.
Despite all these, I noted several positives and some other points:
  • The space on offer, especially at the back, is tremendous! Nearly (or just as much) as the Skoda Superb. And mind you, the Skoda feels like a limo while seated in the back-seat. Phenomenal!
  • Loved the perched feeling. Great feeling, especially after stepping out of a city-hatchback! *grins*
  • Driving in the city is a boon. City traffic be damned, it was very easy to maneuver it around and crawl in traffic, despite the heavy clutch. All that power ensures that you don't need to give it any gas, and moderating the clutch should be enough. Although with a heavy clutch, it might get tedious!
  • Lots of power on tap. Couldn't explore the power-band at all unfortunately.
  • NVH levels, surprisingly good! I could barely hear the clatter of that idling Mhawk mill while I was standing 4 feet away. Even while driving it, I couldn't hear the diesel-clatter much. I mean, I could hear it, but it wasn't intrusive unlike, say, the Skoda Rapid diesel *winks* great job with the NVH levels Mahindra!
  • I liked the leather in the W8 variant, although I'm not a fan of the plum-coloured interior. Neither am I a fan of those mosquito-coil AC vents. But the leather felt great. Mahindra should seriously consider giving the option of choosing different colour combinations for the interior.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 29th January 2012 at 02:35.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2012, 12:34   #1780
Senior - BHPian

Just to give an idea how a simple set of alloys can do wonders to this car. Here's mine

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-photo-1.jpg

Name:  photo 2.jpg
Views: 8306
Size:  135.6 KB

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-photo-3.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-photo-4.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-photo.jpg
Old 29th January 2012, 12:44   #1781
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
The car looks nice, albeit a few bits like the excessive honey-comb garnish on the front bumper. Didn't like the motif on the rear brake-light.
The motif is a real weird thing to do. Apparently it is inspired from the local (Kenyan) motif. But how many would know that, and people can only think that it is some chinese symbol because the part is probably sourced from there.

Clutch felt heavy and shifting gears was hard work. Never slotted in smoothly and made a helluva racket.
I did not drive the car but had felt that the clutch had 'on-off' type feel (lot off resistance in the beginning but when it eases it becomes totally free). Was similar feel there while driving too?

I don't know if the others noticed, but the roof from the inside looked and felt ugly. Not to mention flimsy. And did I say ugly?
They need not have experimented with the texture material on the roof (even the dash for that matter). It reminds me of the texture you see on a compressed wooden doors you get these days (MDF or whatever) which looks bad on the door itself!

Fit and finish in the interior is average. Hated the felt-material cloth that lines the insides of the cubby-holes. Looks ugly and feels worse!
Felt material again is an over-kill as you are not going to keep jewelry inside. They are going to look dirty after some time (they look even now, with that brown colour). It will be difficult to keep them clean. Also I did not understand the small holder like slots present in the top half as if they are made to hold medicine bottles.
My response in bold.

Last edited by Guna : 29th January 2012 at 12:47.
Old 29th January 2012, 13:38   #1782
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Just to give an idea how a simple set of alloys can do wonders to this car. Here's mine
Looks great. Probably you should get larger wheels also. The tyres looks too small once the alloys in place also notice the huge space/gap above the tyres, especially at the back.
Old 29th January 2012, 14:43   #1783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Looks great. Probably you should get larger wheels also. The tyres looks too small once the alloys in place also notice the huge space/gap above the tyres, especially at the back.
Actually the gaps you see is because it was on jack when this pic was taken, otherwise the gap is not that much.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2012, 15:55   #1784
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
My response in bold.
What I found very amusing was the lip-stick holder in the storage compartment below the arm-rest and between the front-seats.

I mean seriously, what were they thinking? They could have done away with that and liberated more space instead of having 5 (or was it 6?) dedicated lip-stick slots!
Old 29th January 2012, 16:29   #1785
BHPian

Guys, I like your imagination. But unfortunately they are coin holders. I don't know why they provide these coin holders as they are literally not useful at the toll gates. It seems they can be handy in case you are too helpful for traffic signal beggars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Also I did not understand the small holder like slots present in the top half as if they are made to hold medicine bottles. My response in bold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
What I found very amusing was the lip-stick holder in the storage compartment below the arm-rest and between the front-seats.

I mean seriously, what were they thinking? They could have done away with that and liberated more space instead of having 5 (or was it 6?) dedicated lip-stick slots!
vrrraju is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks