Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2012, 13:59   #1801
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
...Can someone tell me the quickest way to confirm this with M&M?
Try emailing to customercare at-the-rate mahindra.com. I got a response (not a resolution) on the same day and my query has been forwarded to the region's Area Sales Manager. Its been one business day after that, and I have yet to hear from the Area Sales Manager.
Old 30th January 2012, 14:14   #1802
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Guys for the response.

I have spoken to my leaseing co guy and he referred me to a person at SKS and also told me that he will try to get more details on this.

I spoke to SKS person and he told me this.

- The DD and Cancelled cheque can be either from user, employer or leasing company
- Following documents will be required

1> Address proof of the employer (telephone bill)
2> PAN card of the company
3> Company ID proof
4> DD: Mahindra and Mahindra ltd (some banks dont allow you to generate DD with & sign or any special character - 'AND' should be fine in that case is what I told by dealer)
5> Cancelled cheque

PS: SKS stands at around 400 bookings as on date/Sireesh was at around 250 as on last friday is what I was told.. The only not so pleasent feeling I have is I have to be part of this draw thingy to get the car :(

hth.

Last edited by Ketan : 30th January 2012 at 14:29.
Old 30th January 2012, 15:11   #1803
BHPian

One thing to be noticed here:

Initially, people (including me) was suspecting entries in thousands (somewhere near 20-25K atleast). However, some posts have suggested that there are around 9-10K entries till now. Now, if we consider one fact here that weekend is over now & most of the bookings would have been done by now (we may still think another 2K odd entries till the last day).

Any suggestions - how many will be in total would be there on last day ??
Old 30th January 2012, 16:02   #1804
BHPian

Hi Naveen, The calculation can be fairly simple to guys. I think bookings are open in 19 cities, taking an average of 3-4 dealers per city, you have 57-76 booking points. And on average if you take around 300+ bookings (minimum at each dealer) till the last date then you will have around 57*300 = 17K to 76*300=22K. When I booked one, the dealer executive was saying that the bookings are less than what then anticipated. As you know this might not have been to the liking of Dada's (Politicians/Real Estate/Goons). Also all the people who did TD are not prospective buyers.

In south, today (30th Jan) was very auspicious day, I feel that people would have waited till today to book and you may see numbers may raise during the closures.

But anyhow, M & M has done one good thing to be more transparent. This draw is citywise/dealerwise. So taking the equal opportunity if these 7200 cars are to be distributed among 19 cities then each city will get a good 378 cars. And taking in city into consideration then each dealer is roughly getting about 126 cars on average. If you have booked at a dealer who has 300 booking then your chance of winning the draw stands at 126/300 and if you have booked at one where the dealer as 500 then your chance is 126/500. But this only my opinion, I am not sure how M&M is going to allocate the final numbers, it could depend on lots of parameters. Dealers service record/volumes he sells every year and other market performance parameters.

That is my two cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
One thing to be noticed here:

Initially, people (including me) was suspecting entries in thousands (somewhere near 20-25K atleast). However, some posts have suggested that there are around 9-10K entries till now. Now, if we consider one fact here that weekend is over now & most of the bookings would have been done by now (we may still think another 2K odd entries till the last day).

Any suggestions - how many will be in total would be there on last day ??
Old 30th January 2012, 18:45   #1805
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrrraju View Post
....But anyhow, M & M has done one good thing to be more transparent. This draw is citywise/dealerwise. So taking the equal opportunity if these 7200 cars are to be distributed among 19 cities then each city will get a good 378 cars. And taking in city into consideration then each dealer is roughly getting about 126 cars on average. ....
That is my two cents.
Since this is all speculation, I should not comment on it, but still.

I believe M&M would allot cars to cities and dealers based on the demand from that city and that specific dealer.
e.g. If total applicants are 20,000 and Hyderabad alone has 10,000 applications for draw, 50% of 7200 = 3600 XUVs could be for Hyderabad. Within Hyderabad, if a specific dealer X has 5000 applications in the draw, that dealer would get 1800 XUVs.
Old 30th January 2012, 22:34   #1806
BHPian

When I went to book my lottery ticket, I got the price list for different accessories. Please find below the list and its prices.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-mahindra.jpg  

Old 30th January 2012, 23:19   #1807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But anyhow, M & M has done one good thing to be more transparent. This draw is citywise/dealerwise.
If the allocation is dealerwise, another possibility is to base it on overall sales by the dealer (including Bolero, Scorpio) etc, not just XUV. So the dealer that sells other vehicles gets rewarded. This is a common practice aborad. If the math is as simple as 129/300, why would M&M need highly paid consultants to do this? In my opinion, this is less transparent than a FIFO (First in First Out).
I have a feeling this restriction of 7200 is another ploy to increase the price later. May be with all the gizmos, the profitability of XUV may be less and may be affecting the bottomline(Speculation). If they can make a good profit out of XUV at the current price level, that will be great achievement than the engineering mastery of XUV.
Old 31st January 2012, 00:42   #1808
BHPian

Quote:
When I went to book my lottery ticket, I got the price list for different accessories. Please find below the list and its prices.
Here is another list i found on mahindra xuv500 facebook page

Rain Visors 1795
Door Handle Chrome 794
Fog Lamp Chrome 798
Front Show Grill 999
Head Light Bezel 1003
Mirror Cover 1003
Tail Lamp Chrome 797
Lift Gate Handle Chrome 402
Body Side Moulding 1802
Illuminated Scuff Plates 3195
Front Fog Lamp Set 1923
Roof Carrier 10786
Wheel Cover 529
Scuff Plates 805
Coat Hanger 1680
Designer Mats (HD) (Red Black) 2481
Designer Mats (HD) (Beige) 2481
Transparent Mats (Full Floor) 2049
Printed Carpet Mat (Burgundy) 2517
Printed Carpet Mat (Beige) 2517
Non Woven Mat (Burgundy) 1753
Non Woven Mat (Beige) 1753
Burgundy 1 9491
Burgundy 2 9491
Brown 1 9491
Brown 2 9491
Alloy Wheels 6538
Side Foot Step 12812
Fog Lamp wiring Harness 1527
Decals 2595
Magnetic Reusable Protective covers kit 3950.27
Disposable Protective Covers Kit 40.02
XUV 5OO POS Danglers 1618
XUV 5OO POS table Top 714
XUV 5OO POS Collapsible Pillars 4006
Old 31st January 2012, 07:37   #1809
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Here is another list i found on mahindra xuv500 facebook page

Body Side Moulding 1802
Coat Hanger 1680
Burgundy 1 9491
Burgundy 2 9491
Brown 1 9491
Brown 2 9491
Magnetic Reusable Protective covers kit 3950.27
Disposable Protective Covers Kit 40.02
XUV 5OO POS Danglers 1618
XUV 5OO POS table Top 714
XUV 5OO POS Collapsible Pillars 4006

Body side moulding sounds interesting if similar to what they have for Scorpio.

What are some of the other accessories?
What are the protective covers kits?
What are POS danglers/top/pillars?

Coat Hanger for Rs 1680? Gold-plated?

Last edited by SDP : 31st January 2012 at 07:39.
Old 31st January 2012, 10:55   #1810
BHPian

Has anyone installed a GSM or GPS based device in their XUV? If yes, will be good to hear of experience using such a device.I was considering MicroVBB and Amsaki but not sure what this will do to internal wiring/warranty etc.I have a gear and steering lock presently as deterrants but was thinking of a recovery solution too..
Old 31st January 2012, 12:12   #1811
BHPian

Quote:
Scuff Plates I paid 2.5k with neon light...fyr
Old 31st January 2012, 16:35   #1812
BHPian

i clicked this photograph of rate list of accessories, somewhere in Oct 11
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-acc-list.jpg  

msinghal80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 20:40   #1813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot77in View Post
Has anyone installed a GSM or GPS based device in their XUV? If yes, will be good to hear of experience using such a device.I was considering MicroVBB and Amsaki but not sure what this will do to internal wiring/warranty etc.I have a gear and steering lock presently as deterrants but was thinking of a recovery solution too..
Check with MicroVBB and Amsaki if they have a harness for the XUV5oo.

Alternatively, Mahindra has their own Telematics Department.

LINK

The TBHP Thread (LINK) uses Mahindra Telematics to track the vehicle.

Check with Mahindra Telematics first as thier website says their product can fit ANY vehicle. Since the XUV5OO is a Mahindra, by Logic it should be compatiable.

Anyway this is india and we cannot take anything for granted. Better to talk to them before any commitment.
Old 1st February 2012, 15:05   #1814
BHPian

One of my friends had booked the XUV in the first round and now some emergency has cropped up and he cannot take delivery of the vehicle which is due towards February end. He wanted to know if there is only one way forward- cancel this or can he transfer the booking to someone else and probably command a premium? Any suggestions, most welcome. How does this whole 'transfer to someone else and commanding a premium process' work ??Ideally speaking the second route should find takers for people booking in second round wouldnt know for sure whether they are gonna get the car or not. This one is W8- FWD. The registration would be Gurgaon- HR26.

Last edited by Technocrat : 3rd February 2012 at 01:55. Reason: corrected typo
Old 1st February 2012, 15:57   #1815
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
I bought one lottery ticket for 80K today. Thanks M&M, for taking away any sort of pleasure from the buying/booking experience.

While I was unhappy with the whole lottery system, M&M decided to just rub it in today. Here's the background:
I went to Pune today and the Pune dealers (Kundan as well as Silver Jubilee) did not accept the sale-deed+index-2 as a address proof. I kept on mentioning that index-2 is even accepted by RTO for registration. The sales-guy consulted his senior in the dealership (a M&M employee) first and then later confirmed with more seniors from M&M directly. The answer was the same... NO.
Update: Shot out a strongly worded email to Mahindra customercare on Fri 27th Jan. Got an acknowledgement on the same day and my concern about address proof validity was forwarded to the Pune Area Sales Manager. I was expecting a email or a call from the Area Sale Manager. When neither happened till mid-day Mon 30th Jan, I sent another email to the Area Sales Manager. Within an hour got a call from his office and they informed me that they have added 4 new types of documents as valid address proof and index-2 is one of them. I asked him if this information has been communicated to the Pune dealers and he confirmed that. On Tue 31st Jan, I called up Kundan Motors and explained my case and the response from Area Sales Manager. I wanted to be doubly sure before I venture onto another 300km round-trip. He quickly called up the same person and reconfirmed that my application would be accepted.

Today, I submitted my application at Pune. The Sales Consultant apologized multiple times about they not being able to help me during my last visit resulting into my second trip all the way to Pune.

Overall I am happy that M&M handled the matter promptly and fairly.

Now, I am sitting with 2 lottery tickets in my hand, one from Mumbai and one from Pune. Never had intentions of buying multiple lottery tickets. But things happen.

Last edited by SDP : 1st February 2012 at 16:00.

Most Viewed