Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2012, 21:02   #1921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish
Just spotted a XUV500 test vehicle. There was a sticker that said 'Vehicle under test'. However, I could not see any difference between the current xuv500 and this one. May be a new variant is under way. Sorry no pictures :(
This XUV may belong to a genuine frustrated owner with a good sense of humour :-) Even I have taken a lottery and with some luck I could also end up being part of the XUV beta test programme ;-)

-- Wind

-- Wind
Wind is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 21:50   #1922
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
Just spotted a XUV500 test vehicle. There was a sticker that said 'Vehicle under test'. However, I could not see any difference between the current xuv500 and this one. May be a new variant is under way. Sorry no pictures :(
Could be an AT ? Guess they are working on an AT variant as well - may be for exports! Also I remember reading speculations on a twin turbo 170 bhp version. You never know what's in store!
Old 13th February 2012, 22:25   #1923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Fantastic. Haven't seen it, but then I am very delighted to know that my one vote over TBHP has counted, feeling very proud to be a part of this forum . Can someone please paste the link here of the e-paper?
Here you go: this is from the TOI delhi

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-photo-1.jpg
Old 14th February 2012, 00:03   #1924
Senior - BHPian

^ Yes, I saw the same ad. in the Bangalore edition too. Moreover, M&M has mentioned this same thing in their response pdf available on XUV brand website at following location.
http://mahindraxuv500.com/pdf/XUV-booking-response.pdf

"Acclaimed bloggers like TeamBHP, Vicky.in, Motor Vikatan, Auto Junction and Auto Beam also awarded the XUV500 with ‘Car of the Year / SUV of the Year’"
Old 14th February 2012, 02:07   #1925
BHPian

Please provide any link to download the brochure. I couldn’t found it on XUV official website.
Old 14th February 2012, 09:40   #1926
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
Please provide any link to download the brochure. I couldn’t found it on XUV official website.
Its available on brand website. You can try clicking this one here.
http://www.mahindraxuv500.com/pdf/XU...OCHURE_PDF.pdf
hth.
Old 14th February 2012, 11:00   #1927
BHPian

Just completed Del-Mum-Blr in my W6.Effortless.Felt like driving it all the way to Sri Lanka.Great roads on the GQ and a great vehicle to drive on.Many thanks to details I found from BHPians - was of immense help planning the trip.Carried the MapmyIndia navigator too, and it couldn't have been more precise.Travelled including my pet and mother and all of them travelled well.
Pilot77in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2012, 12:33   #1928
Senior - BHPian

^Thats a long enough drive to comment a few things authoritatively on the vehicle. That one word 'effortless', does summerize it. However, it will be great if you can post your trip log and overall experience with lots of pictures in the TL section. Wishing you many more happy miles!
Old 14th February 2012, 13:07   #1929
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot77in View Post
Just completed Del-Mum-Blr in my W6.Effortless.Felt like driving it all the way to Sri Lanka.Great roads on the GQ and a great vehicle to drive on.Many thanks to details I found from BHPians - was of immense help planning the trip.Carried the MapmyIndia navigator too, and it couldn't have been more precise.Travelled including my pet and mother and all of them travelled well.
Great, one of the few satisfied customers, do post a detailed review of the vehicle on this trip
Old 14th February 2012, 13:57   #1930
BHPian

Wow, fantastic! What pet? Off topic - Will be keen to learn about how the pet managed the trip, that's a perpetual problem for us and our lab hates travel, even 30 min is an issue, and the XUV has enough space at the back that can be used to house him Please do try to start a new thread in the travelogue section, will be helpful for pet owners.
Old 14th February 2012, 16:04   #1931
BHPian

All persons who have applied for their IIT/ PMT test should hold their breath now.
Results will be out tomorrow @ 5 PM IST
naveenchhillar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2012, 16:39   #1932
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this on the Facebook page of XUV5OO

The XUV500 Draw Results will be announced tomorrow 15th Feb 2012, at 5pm IST. The results will be available on our website www.mahindraxuv500.com. Please read the official press release for further details.

No webcast though

All the best for all the lottery ticket buyers
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2012, 16:56   #1933
BHPian

The press release says the draw has already been concluded (no media), and that only means they are going to announce the results tomorrow at 5:00 PM. Then it is fate of the gamblers have already been sealed. Waiting with fingers crossed!

All the best to competitors!
vrrraju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2012, 17:42   #1934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrrraju
The press release says the draw has already been concluded (no media), and that only means they are going to announce the results tomorrow at 5:00 PM. Then it is fate of the gamblers have already been sealed. Waiting with fingers crossed!

All the best to competitors!
I don't think there is any need for apprehension as the entire process has been outsourced to a reputed professional services firm Deloitte. Let's keep our fingers crossed!
Old 14th February 2012, 21:04   #1935
BHPian

Received just now mail regarding XUV500. Great to see auto industry is recognising TeamBhp as an important voice of consumer. :-)
Attached Images

Most Viewed