Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2012, 13:52   #1981
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero View Post
BHASIN INFOTECH & INFRASTRUCTURE is part of Bhasin Group which has a Mahindra dealership - Bhasin Motors in Delhi...Now with this information I am sure that the draw was not fair at all.

Bhasin Motors - HONDA DIO
WELCOME TO GRAND VENEZIA

I know these guys, I took my XUV from here, but the owner has several businesses and quite a well connected chap. Don't know what the story is here though.
AGwagon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2012, 17:56   #1982
BHPian

I think M&M shouldn't be blamed here in this case, first of all Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu India Pvt. Ltd (DTTIPL), should have issued a certificate that the draw that was conducted was fair and unbiased and was inline with the mutually agreed scope (Also not disclosed hence a grey area). I think the Bhasin Infotech and Infrastructure had fair chance of wining the draw as to my expectation they would have had at least 10 to 15 applications out of which 5 have won. As I could see that Wipro Limited has also won 4 out of which 2 were consecutive numbers. Now it has to be seen that since they are applied by the corporations it has to be assigned to some one from that company (that too it has to be done at OTF) and not to be sold through the dealer network. It it does then I think M&M should blacklist that dealership and cancel all the booking that have been done by the group company. I think Mr. Anand Mahindra is abroad probably at Geneva Motor Show and listening to us, probably when he comes back and he checks what is happening, we could see some actions being taken. Certainly a company which stands for Ethics and Integrity cannot loose the face of the company by doing such silly things.

Last edited by vrrraju : 17th February 2012 at 18:00. Reason: More explanation added
Old 17th February 2012, 19:51   #1983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
What a way to cover up their production constraints!! lucky draw for an ugly SUV and people going crazy!!

Pretty good marketing idea by them!
You mean XUV, Ugly ? I can smell a case of sour grapes. Ask the actual owner, how do they feel when they drive it either in city or on highway. For me it is the best vehicle that I could buy in that price range and I am proud of my decision.
Joy73US is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2012, 20:21   #1984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
BHASIN INFOTECH & INFRASTRUCTURE is part of Bhasin Group which has a Mahindra dealership - Bhasin Motors in Delhi...Now with this information I am sure that the draw was not fair at all.

Bhasin Motors - HONDA DIO
WELCOME TO GRAND VENEZIA
Is it not possible that a sister company of this group made a booking for their use? If you want to find a conspiracy, you will find it, just saying
Old 17th February 2012, 20:55   #1985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy73US View Post
You mean XUV, Ugly ? I can smell a case of sour grapes. Ask the actual owner, how do they feel when they drive it either in city or on highway. For me it is the best vehicle that I could buy in that price range and I am proud of my decision.
I am not questioning its VFM factor but exterior design

rear - acceptable
side profile - acceptable
but that front -
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2012, 21:21   #1986
BHPian

Quote:

rear - acceptable
but that front -
I find the 'Front' as 'Royally Macho' some folks find it overdone.
No one... yes No one can produce a design that 100% people would like to have in their car.

Last edited by DigitalSoul : 17th February 2012 at 21:24.
Old 17th February 2012, 22:08   #1987
Distinguished - BHPian

I am still kind of confused to see the computer has picked up continouus numbers;that too multiple times. If the draw was not biased thru some external factors, I can only relate this to some wrong logic / code implemented in the draw program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy73US View Post
I guess usually "ugly" refers to the looks of a vehicle & not performance or VFM apects. If you really want to know how majority of the people thought about the XUV design, you should check the pages added on the day of XUV launch.

Ofcourse, there was a 180 degree change in the opinions in less than 24 hours, when the price was announced. That includes me too
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2012, 09:01   #1988
BHPian

Quote:

rear - acceptable
but that front -

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I guess usually "ugly" refers to the looks of a vehicle & not performance or VFM apects. If you really want to know how majority of the people thought about the XUV design, you should check the pages added on the day of XUV launch.

Ofcourse, there was a 180 degree change in the opinions in less than 24 hours, when the price was announced. That includes me too
Guys, I also did a 180 degree change in about 48 hours or so. Price announcement was not the only event in that time period. I saw the car in flesh and that made me change the opinion.

Pictures won't do justice to this car. You've to see it to like it.
Also it grows on you. I had made up my mind to change the grill and the fake grills at some aftermarket mod center. But after using the car for 2 weeks, I've almost shelved those plans.
Old 18th February 2012, 11:58   #1989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossiter View Post
Is it not possible that a sister company of this group made a booking for their use? If you want to find a conspiracy, you will find it, just saying
Could be. But three consecutive numbers? It is either gamed or Deloitte just screwed up.
Old 18th February 2012, 22:01   #1990
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragstar View Post
But in a computer generated draw very rarely are two consecutive serial no.'s with the same name or last name are picked in sequential sorting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I am still kind of confused to see the computer has picked up continouus numbers;that too multiple times. If the draw was not biased thru some external factors, I can only relate this to some wrong logic / code implemented in the draw program.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero View Post
Could be. But three consecutive numbers? It is either gamed or Deloitte just screwed up.
Its entirely possible that in a list of 7200 numbers randomly selected from a list of 25000 bookings can have many instances of 2-3 numbers in a sequence. If they wanted to avoid that they'd have to give the car to 2 people randomly out of every 7 people. This again can end up being a pattern which means it wouldn't be random allocation.

Sorry but an issue about probability and statistics came up so couldn't stop from posting.

Caveat: While its statistically possible, it doesn't totally rule out someone gaming the system. But the premise of that argument cannot be two numbers in a row!

Cheers,
Adi
AVR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2012, 10:56   #1991
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
Its entirely possible that in a list of 7200 numbers randomly selected from a list of 25000 bookings can have many instances of 2-3 numbers in a sequence. If they wanted to avoid that they'd have to give the car to 2 people randomly out of every 7 people. This again can end up being a pattern which means it wouldn't be random allocation.

Cheers,
Adi
even if 3 numbers may be picked up how can the other 2 numbers booked under different name( grand venezia) belonging to same Bhasin group ( infrastructure and mahindra dealer too) can get 2 more cars. dont you think it is rigged?

I have formally lodged a complaint to mahindra customer care now and have blasted them for rigging and have talked to mr.prashant and team leader kavitha too and have told them cut and right that i have evidence that they have rigged the draw and have told them if i dont get a prompt reply in 48 hrs i will go and put a PIL against draw getting more information about the draw process and media present and also a writ petiton agains M&M halting the draw and booking process until further notice

will wait for the reply

Geeash

I request you other guys who have lost the draw too call the customer care 18002267000 and give your piece of mind and tell them to mind their ways
geeash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2012, 18:45   #1992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
I request you other guys who have lost the draw too call the customer care 18002267000 and give your piece of mind and tell them to mind their ways
Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. My humble opinion is that bothering the poor customer care guys isn't going to help nor is it the right thing to do. Note that among people who have lost the draw, a majority would like their 80k back as soon as possible instead of a legal stalemate and you may be blocking their deserving calls.

One certain thing that I had realized last year during my visits to Mahindra showrooms is that whenever the bookings reopen, the odds for a commoner to get the XUV without contacts would be really bad.

Members may like to start another thread to research the probability and statistics part.
Old 19th February 2012, 20:35   #1993
Distinguished - BHPian

More and more I read about the last draw, I feel M&M just screwed the brand "XUV 500" with this draw! Lets see the future & am looking forward for the response to the 3rd booking re-openings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkumar79 View Post
My humble opinion is that bothering the poor customer care guys isn't going to help nor is it the right thing to do.
For most companies, a (potential) customer's first point of contact will be the customer care. How often do we (get to) talk to the MDs & CEOs ? So unless the customer care people are given some "heat", things don't start to flow well to the right channels! Sadly, that's our state of affairs! Am sure 80% of us do empathize with the care people, but need to give them a stick many a times. There is nothing personal in there!
Old 19th February 2012, 20:49   #1994
BHPian

Got delivery of my W8 fwd last week and I am loving it so far. Have a 300 kms trip coming up and am looking forward to it. Will post pictures soon.
nikhileshgrover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2012, 20:51   #1995
BHPian

Was always a fan of the Scorpio, since it was the first jeep I took off the road. I own and Endy now, and am mighty proud of it. But i have to say, I love the XUV's looks - especially from the front, and especially the Black one. XUV owners, great choice - at least on the looks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks