Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2012, 11:46   #2191
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Looks like most people agree with 4 wheel option
Old 24th March 2012, 08:16   #2192
BHPian

A small clarification for all buyers of XUV.

The last price increase as of 19th March is due to the increase of excise duty effective 16th March. As excise duty is paid ex-factory while leaving the factory gate, therefore if you car is out of the factory gate before that you should not pay the increased price. My friend got it delivered on 22nd March but it started from factory before 14th March so we fought to get it in the earlier price, which we finally won.

Hope this helps.
sudipta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2012, 08:25   #2193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghavv View Post
If you have decided to go for 5th alloy, please ensure that the new spare wheel will sit / fasten properly in the spare wheel area. I have personally experienced this problem.
I am confused, why should the alloy not fit in the spare wheel space, there is no change in the diameter ?
Old 27th March 2012, 21:04   #2194
Senior - BHPian

Saw the XUV5OO in flesh for the first time on Kochi roads today evening. A white one on MG Road. Perhaps the first one in Kochi. Greatly impressed. Enough to lose sleep dreaming of it.
Old 29th March 2012, 15:24   #2195
Senior - BHPian

From Today's Times of India Mumbai edition i infer that XUV5OO comes with Micro Hybrid. I was not sure if it came with Micro hybrid earlier.

Off Topic - Even the bolero comes with Micro Hybrid now.

Thoughts Please
Old 29th March 2012, 18:27   #2196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
From Today's Times of India Mumbai edition i infer that XUV5OO comes with Micro Hybrid. I was not sure if it came with Micro hybrid earlier.

Off Topic - Even the bolero comes with Micro Hybrid now.

Thoughts Please
With Micro Hybrid you mean to say that Start Stop function? If yes, yes that silly feature was present in XUV from day one. I have the first lot hence i know it. Total bakwaas i must say.
nitinralli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2012, 19:29   #2197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
With Micro Hybrid you mean to say that Start Stop function? If yes, yes that silly feature was present in XUV from day one. I have the first lot hence i know it. Total bakwaas i must say.
Thank you for the info. I test-drove the XUV but when waiting at the signal, the Micro hybrid did not work meaning the vehicle was idling for more than 3 minutes. I guess there is a mechanism to turn off the system
Old 29th March 2012, 20:11   #2198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Saw the XUV5OO in flesh for the first time on Kochi roads today evening. A white one on MG Road. Perhaps the first one in Kochi. Greatly impressed. Enough to lose sleep dreaming of it.
The looks are amazing but so are the issues (refer to the XUV niggles thread)so both owners and prospective owners are losing sleep, although for different reasons
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2012, 20:15   #2199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the info. I test-drove the XUV but when waiting at the signal, the Micro hybrid did not work meaning the vehicle was idling for more than 3 minutes. I guess there is a mechanism to turn off the system
Strange indeed. I have particularly observed on my friend's XUV that it works flawlessly from Day 1. The way it works is, slot the gear in neutral, take your foot off clutch and it kills the engine immediately. When you want to take off, just press the clutch and it springs back to life. I found it pretty cool and useful feature and wished I had it in my Innova too. I think there is a Start/Stop button too, that may be activation/de-activation mechanism.

Last edited by parsh : 29th March 2012 at 20:17.
Old 29th March 2012, 20:21   #2200
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, there is a switch to toggle it on and off..See the Start Stop letters towards the bottom of this photo -->

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-143542.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 15th June 2012 at 11:09. Reason: Image too big. Breaking page layout. Uploading as an attachment
DigitalSoul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 01:57   #2201
BHPian

Was in Mahindra showroom in Salem and got a chance to a see a silver XUV 5OO. No, Not on roads, but on a trailer . Seems the vehicle broke down because of Oil leakage between Salem and Coimbatore. Just a 3 months young vehicle :(

Last edited by sbala : 30th March 2012 at 02:04.
Old 30th March 2012, 02:35   #2202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala
Was in Mahindra showroom in Salem and got a chance to a see a silver XUV 5OO. No, Not on roads, but on a trailer . Seems the vehicle broke down because of Oil leakage between Salem and Coimbatore. Just a 3 months young vehicle :(
Boss if you are at a hospital you will see patients allaround lol. Jokes apart it could be accidental that the oil got leaked. It could happen to a one day old car too. No such problem so far on my 5 month old XUV.
rohitbagai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 11:20   #2203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
Boss if you are at a hospital you will see patients allaround lol.
Good one. Thats the only XUV i saw as they haven't launched the vehicle at Salem. I am not sure whether the service mechanics are trained to work on it.

But i believe - its not a small issue. Oil leaks are generally common on long KMs run car. But with new Car, its not good at all. Low oil potentially end up damaging the engine. The reason i shared is to spread awareness. it might be an issue with faulty part inside. Its always good to have it checked. Isn't?
Old 1st April 2012, 01:22   #2204
BHPian

From facebook PIC 1 and 2 XUV500 FWD.
PIC 3,4 and 5 from carsales india. PIC 3 new colour brown, PIC 4 and 5 ? W4 base model.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv500-.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-xuv500-rc.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-1.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-2.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-3.jpg  

dockap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2012, 09:58   #2205
BHPian

Read in the Ertiga thread that some Maruti dealers have started accepting bookings of Ertiga . This is before the the launch of the Vehicle to the general public and before the price is announced! This makes you appreciate the professionalism displayed by Mahindra with respect to the manner in which they have gone ahead with their XUV bookings and lottery scheme.

-- Wind

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks