Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2012, 21:18   #2296
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Guys, I am happy to inform that i have booked a XUV500 at Zuleikha Motors chennai on saturday. I had lost out on the lottery last time and was very frustrated when i received a letter of rebooking. After many a thoughts and calculations, i have finally paid 40k as advance and booked the XUV500 W8 Satin White.

Just a piece of advice from you guys

What is the next step? How can i know whether the dealer had booked a vehicle in my name? Is it possible to track my vehicle production?

Geeash
You will get a call from Mahindra customer care in a week after booking. You can also email customer care to get the details confirmed. If you keep bugging them(ie, keep asking for more info), they'll give the regional sales manager's email with whom you can confirm directly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Congratulations!
My dealer told me at the time of booking that I would receive a call on 22nd Apr directly from M&M about the delivery date. At the time of launch, M&M had given a window into their production systems to the customers to track the delivery date and possibly even VIN. They subsequently removed that facility and left the customers at the mercy of the dealers. So in short, you would most likely get the tentative delivery date from M&M directly, but for any other insight into the production/delivery, you need to work with your dealer.
Yeah, the much hyped 'MOST' didn't work for all. Though, I got a login and password just 2 days before delivery. The system was showing "vehicle is with dealer" by the time I got this.

VIN number was not mentioned in the system. I got the VIN number from the dealer, went to their yard and did a very short PDI myself. Again you've to be firm in the process. They're not so customer friendly when being asked about VIN & PDI.

About insurance, do get a quote from the net. I found Royal Sundaram to be one of the cheapest, and the dealer was working with them. I just produced a printout of the quote before the dealer and the premium got reduced by 18K without much negotiation.
Old 16th April 2012, 22:56   #2297
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavdalal View Post
Hi All

Can the current owners of w6 & w8 highlight issues that are unresolved or don't have a workaround

I am sure this would help the potential buyers to decide on taking the plunge or continue to wait on the fence

anxiously waiting for updates
Please read thru the entire thread "XUV 500 niggles and their solutions". Unfortunately, there is no summary as such. Planning to prepare one and contribute myself. That would be a weekend project.
Old 17th April 2012, 07:46   #2298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP

Please read thru the entire thread "XUV 500 niggles and their solutions". Unfortunately, there is no summary as such. Planning to prepare one and contribute myself. That would be a weekend project.
I have been doing that and I believe most have been closed

will try to make a timeline on issues & fix reported by tomorrow eod
vaibhavdalal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2012, 14:26   #2299
BHPian

Guys,

One doubt: What kind of power steering XUV has? Is it full hydrolic? Or it is electric assisted one? Is it speed senstive?

Thanks
HCP
Old 17th April 2012, 16:13   #2300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Quote:
I have been doing that and I believe most have been closed
will try to make a timeline on issues & fix reported by tomorrow eod

The entire thread "XUV 500 niggles and their solutions" comes to 99 Pages in a Word Doc - Tomorrow EOD target seems difficult
vaibhavdalal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2012, 16:29   #2301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The entire thread "XUV 500 niggles and their solutions" comes to 99 Pages in a Word Doc - Tomorrow EOD target seems difficult
Interesting!

(a bit OT since I couldnt PM Vaibhav yet).
Have you had to go thru each of the pages in the thread and do copy/paste? I was trying to find a way where I can list all the posts in a thread in a single page so I can send the page as a document to kindle device. I havent found a way to that yet.
Ketan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2012, 18:13   #2302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Interesting!

(a bit OT since I couldnt PM Vaibhav yet).
Have you had to go thru each of the pages in the thread and do copy/paste? I was trying to find a way where I can list all the posts in a thread in a single page so I can send the page as a document to kindle device. I havent found a way to that yet.
Used - View Printable version and Copy / pasted the text in word document.

- Didn't expect it to reach 99 pages.

Post removal of graphic content, has shrunk to 80 odd pages.
vaibhavdalal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2012, 18:18   #2303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Amazing effort , you can try uploading a zip file for the benefit of everyone, specially the prospective buyers.
Old 17th April 2012, 18:31   #2304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Thanks for sharing the feedback, but I am not sure if I have seen an ownership thread from you! Since you mean "wait", would you mind starting an ownership thread and mention your experience. Might help a lot of (potential) owners. Also did you have the car from the first lot after introduction?
I have not given a detailed ownership report yet. Will definitely do in the next 1-2 weeks as I will be finishing 6 months shortly - I was one of the few owners who got the delivery in the very first batch.

In the mean time, I listed down all my issues and the related solutions in the Niggles&Issues thread.
sheelapratosh is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2012, 21:06   #2305
Senior - BHPian

So, I heard from one of the Mahindra executives that 'MOST' works just fine. He said, we should be getting text once all the applications/entries entered/executed in the portal around April 22. Later, we should also get the texts on 'vehicle under production', 'vehicle dispatched from plant', 'vehicle received at dealer' and last at around the delivery.
It'll be good if this is going to work as expected.
Ketan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2012, 01:30   #2306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Guys,

One doubt: What kind of power steering XUV has? Is it full hydrolic? Or it is electric assisted one? Is it speed senstive?

Thanks
HCP
I am sure its not hydraulic, as i have driven Fiesta for 6 years and know how that is. I think its speed sensitive as i feel that while in traffic (low speed) the steering is light, but it weighs up a little ( i mean very LITTLE) when you are on highway on high speed. It does not give you that confidence as Hydraulic steering would, but it better than what it is in low speed.
Old 18th April 2012, 09:11   #2307
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
I am sure its not hydraulic, as i have driven Fiesta for 6 years and know how that is. I think its speed sensitive as i feel that while in traffic (low speed) the steering is light, but it weighs up a little ( i mean very LITTLE) when you are on highway on high speed. It does not give you that confidence as Hydraulic steering would, but it better than what it is in low speed.
I also feel (based on my driving experience with the XUV) that the XUV5OO power steering is a pure Electronic unit and though it is speed sensitive, there is little or nil feedback from the road. It also has a disconnected feel and at high speeds tends to oversteer.
Though I have not come across any documentation to confirm this and visually even from the engine bay it is not possible to see the components.
Maybe someone who had a chance to see the steering rack components from below (when car is raised) can comment?

Regards,
Behemoth

Last edited by Behemoth : 18th April 2012 at 09:12.
Old 18th April 2012, 13:52   #2308
BHPian

Quote:
We cannot say it is a technical limitation with electric assist. The best example is new fiesta. I have never seen a full electric steerings behaving so sharp in any other car in that segment .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
I also feel (based on my driving experience with the XUV) that the XUV5OO power steering is a pure Electronic unit and though it is speed sensitive, there is little or nil feedback from the road. It also has a disconnected feel and at high speeds tends to oversteer.
Though I have not come across any documentation to confirm this and visually even from the engine bay it is not possible to see the components.
Maybe someone who had a chance to see the steering rack components from below (when car is raised) can comment?

Regards,
Behemoth
Even I could not findout anything in documentation about the system used. During test drive I felt it is speed sensitive as the steering become ligther at parking speed. Though not sure about its a electro mechanic like in Skodas and VWs.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 18th April 2012 at 13:59.
Old 18th April 2012, 20:17   #2309
Senior - BHPian

Visited my dealer today to get the invoice for advance paid. On casual enquiry was told that my booking was logged in. Was told that I would get a call from M&M in last week of April or 1st week of May to know when I will get the car delivered
Old 19th April 2012, 00:00   #2310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am sure its not hydraulic, .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
I also feel (based on my driving experience with the XUV) that the XUV5OO power steering is a pure Electronic unit and though it is speed sensitive,
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Even I could not findout anything in documentation about the system used. During test drive I felt it is speed sensitive as the steering become ligther at parking speed. Though not sure about its a electro mechanic like in Skodas and VWs.
My experience during the test drive tells me its lighter than what I have on my Palio (hydraulic) and should be electronic.

However, Motoring says its a Hydraulic setup (page#5).
Mahindra XUV500 test drive and review

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks