Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2012, 14:08   #2551

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi1976 View Post
Hi Ketan,

Took your advice and finally called the Dealer and pushed him for an earlier delivery date. Surprised to hear the sales person tell me that the vehicle is ready in the godown and can be given within a week! Infact he has given me the Eng and Chasis Num but hasn"t given the VIN number. Is it possible to decode the Month of manufacture from the CHasis No? I just want to make sure I am getting the latest manufactured model.

CHASSIS NO. C6E86260.
ENGINE NO.HJC4E29095

Applied for a loan and God willing should get the XUV in the next 10 days.

Thanks again

Ravi
C6E - 2012(C) and (E) is May.
Old 4th June 2012, 16:03   #2552
Team-BHP Support

You seriously believed that, did you?!! This forum is filled with real people who have posted their experiences with this vehicle as against reviews by unknown people about which I will be rather wary of. I see this review by Tanuja on CarWale. It's there multiple times in the listings page of XUV reviews. Must have posted it so many times. I also saw the same review on yet another site. Must be a really motivated soul. There are yet others who just sound as incredulous.

So do I mean to say XUV is absolutely faultless? Nope. Far from it. XUV has it's share of problems. It had bags full of them but today most are probably gone while some are still there. I am sure in another 6 months or so M&M would have figured out a resolution for these as well. I own a Apr'2012 model W8 and I see that most issues are not present anymore. I do not see the rusting of the brake discs. I don't see the spongy brakes issue anymore (I remember, it was there even in Jan when I did the TD). My Entertainment Console has not rebooted or thrown up the error message pop-up even once till date. And I have driven over 1600 Kms by now. Including some 200 Kms non-stop drives on a couple of occassions.

My XUV also has some problems. But most look like niggles to me. Only big one is the brake grinding which happens when I do a heavy braking. M&M has probably tried addressing this on a couple of attempts for many of its customers but as of now it remains. Other than this one small knick-knacks which I believe will get sorted out with time.

So don't worry too much. Take a knowledgable decision after going through the real issues and user feedbacks. If you think you would rather skip this one do that with confidence with solid reason. Otherwise, you will always have the doomsday seekers everywhere my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
i am seriously considering this car but just came across some really scary reviews by owners on carwale.com and this has just made me rethink... what do you guys think? is it just a one of lemon case or is it much more common.

I am posting the links below:

Great Looks No competition, but unsafe as breaks - A Review on Mahindra XUV500 by Tanuja - CarWale

XUV (painful) - A Review on Mahindra XUV500 by Prashant - CarWale

User Reviews: Mahindra XUV500 - CarWale

the good reviews are generally by potential buyers who are in awe of the car. actual users say things differently.

hope to hear some comments by actual users and their take on this. is it as bad as its made out to be in these reviews?
Zappo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 16:37   #2553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
It had bags full of them but today most are probably gone while some are still there. I am sure in another 6 months or so M&M would have figured out a resolution for these as well. I own a Apr'2012 model W8 and I see that most issues are not present anymore. I do not see the rusting of the brake discs. I don't see the spongy brakes issue anymore (I remember, it was there even in Jan when I did the TD). My Entertainment Console has not rebooted or thrown up the error message pop-up even once till date. And I have driven over 1600 Kms by now. Including some 200 Kms non-stop drives on a couple of occasions.
Thanks zappo! your reassurance helped a lot. and ya it makes sense that these so called XUV bashers like Tanuja don't seem real. i doubted that it was real but just thought I'd ask my fellow bhpians and just re-confirm. its good to know that mahindra is working fast towards rectifying the problems of XUV and the situation has improved greatly.
Old 4th June 2012, 18:03   #2554
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone check out the new website of the XUV?

MAY YOUR LIFE BE FULL OF STORIES! - Powered by XUV500
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2012, 00:18   #2555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavdalal View Post
Does anyone know where is the obd connector located & it's obd I or obd II
Bend down the steering wheel and look above the brake pedal. It is an OBD II.

Just completed 500 Kms today. I have not faced any so called niggles yet on my vehicle (April manufactured). Completely happy with everything except the brake behavior. I will get the car registered tomorrow or day after, after that planning to visit the workshop. Need to check the brake and install the headrest display units to keep my little champ engaged during long drives.

thanks
HCP

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 5th June 2012 at 00:22.
HotChillyPepper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 02:32   #2556
BHPian

Just did a non-stop 1750 km drive from Mahabaleshwar to Sonipat in 24 hours. It was an effortless drive and I loved the way it was at ease with all the stress I was forcing on it .
rohitbagai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 07:17   #2557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Bend down the steering wheel and look above the brake pedal. It is an OBD II.

Just completed 500 Kms today. I have not faced any so called niggles yet on my vehicle (April manufactured). Completely happy with everything except the brake behavior. I will get the car registered tomorrow or day after, after that planning to visit the workshop. Need to check the brake and install the headrest display units to keep my little champ engaged during long drives.

thanks
HCP
Hey mate look for reverse camera too if you are visiting workshop; i fitted in my XUV (2 weeks ago) so far so good and feel it's worth too..... i paid around 3.3k including fitting charge fyr.. (i'll attached front display by EOD)
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img2012052600358.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img2012052600359.jpg  

Tushargohil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 07:24   #2558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Did anyone check out the new website of the XUV?

MAY YOUR LIFE BE FULL OF STORIES! - Powered by XUV500
Thank you for sharing mate.... feeling happy to see that silver color is favorite for M&M too
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_0281.jpg  

Tushargohil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 08:16   #2559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
Just did a non-stop 1750 km drive from Mahabaleshwar to Sonipat in 24 hours. It was an effortless drive and I loved the way it was at ease with all the stress I was forcing on it .
That is one heck of a drive. I hope there was a co-driver with you who took turns at the steering wheel, else driving alone 24 hours at a stretch is simply too much. However 1750kms in just 24 hours just goes to show the highway capabilities of XUV. No doubt it is a cheetah on the highways.
Old 6th June 2012, 08:25   #2560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post

thanks
HCP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
Guys,

keep sharing such feedback. Generally people dont talk when things are going right. Good to see such feedback, though we dont have 'commendation and acclamation' thread, we can share them whenever we feel it really did.
Old 6th June 2012, 09:16   #2561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
Hey mate look for reverse camera too if you are visiting workshop; i fitted in my XUV (2 weeks ago) so far so good and feel it's worth too..... i paid around 3.3k including fitting charge fyr.. (i'll attached front display by EOD)
Thats great news. does it display in the touch screen?
Old 6th June 2012, 09:24   #2562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Thats great news. does it display in the touch screen?
Yes...it works only on reverse gear..... it is very similar to Verna concept.. Yellow/Green/Red Lines .... you can't switch on reverse camera from touch screen fyr (black screen)... my suggestion this buy only M&M OEM product as this require software modification too...

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Technocrat : 6th June 2012 at 23:17. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 11:59   #2563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
Yes...it works only on reverse gear..... it is very similar to Verna concept.. Yellow/Green/Red Lines .... you can't switch on reverse camera from touch screen fyr (black screen)... my suggestion this buy only M&M OEM product as this require software modification too...
Does it work in tandem with the reverse sensors?

I am contemplating installing the same on mine.

P.S. - Anybody in Mumbai got a reliable guy to install an ICE? The on-board speakers in the XUV suck.

P.P.S. - Anybody having issues while using a 16GB USB Drive with the entertainment system? Mine keeps reading the drive for some time and then suddenly says its empty. Other times it plays half a track and then suddenly stops!

Last edited by reevester : 6th June 2012 at 12:11.
Old 6th June 2012, 12:07   #2564

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupin22 View Post
C6E - 2012(C) and (E) is May.
Thanks so much. Looks like I should be getting delivery by next weekend.

For the insurance - got a quote from the Dealer for "Zero" Depreciation for 35,500 (ICICI Lombard).

I am planning the below accessories as Priority 1:

1. Rear Bumper Guard (INR 5500)
2. Foot Rails (INR 18,500)
3. Scuff Plates (INR 1089)
4. Rear Camera (INR 5000)

Now the dealer has quoted me the above rates which I find to be on the higher side. What is the opinion of existing owners ? Will it be better to go with the Dealer or hunt outside in Lajpat Nagar? Will it void any waarantee of I look outside?

Ravi
Old 6th June 2012, 12:23   #2565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reevester View Post
Does it work in tandem with the reverse sensors?
Yes it is.. infect RM also suggest this... one drawback is black spot on silver bumper..... unless you color it.... by eod i will upload small video for same..

Mod's Note: It is important to use proper punctuations in your sentences to keep them readable for most viewers/members. "Dotty Posts" are explicitly banned on the board. This is the second time we are putting in a note. Please desist from making dotty posts with immediate effect.

Last edited by Zappo : 7th June 2012 at 16:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks