Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2012, 16:52   #2686
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Any idea about when an Automatic is coming? I can wait for another 1 year, can we expect M&M to come up with the AT variant.

I missed an Airbag version in my Scorpio in 3 months, I do not want that to be happened, as my aim is to go only for an AT.

Thank you.
Old 18th June 2012, 19:31   #2687
Senior - BHPian

Since 2nd service is just a routine check up only, hence is it useful to get it done or simply skip it if you are fine with the car and go for 3rd service only?
Old 18th June 2012, 19:58   #2688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Any idea about when an Automatic is coming? I can wait for another 1 year, can we expect M&M to come up with the AT variant.
AT is not expected at least 2 years from Now. Mini-Xylo, New Scorpio, XUV AWD is in line now and only after these, they would concenrate on AT XUV, not to forget korando, rexton etc

Market is lapping up the current XUV avtar, so why would the company bother to introduce an AT now. They are unable to deliver the XUV off the shelf. If you are planning to buy the XUv, i feel there is no point in waiting for AT. Buy a manual now, sell it after 3 years and go in for an AT.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 18th June 2012 at 19:59.
Old 18th June 2012, 22:27   #2689
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Dont see the AT coming in till there is a slight slow down in sales - they just don't need it right now, and have so many new vehicles comming up that would need greater attention.

Would love to see the AT (especially in AWD) come in soon(since even the fortuner AT skips on AWD), but that does not seem likely in a hurry.
Old 18th June 2012, 23:17   #2690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
AT is not expected at least 2 years from Now. Mini-Xylo, New Scorpio, XUV AWD is in line now and only after these, they would concenrate on AT XUV, not to forget korando, rexton etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Dont see the AT coming in till there is a slight slow down in sales - they just don't need it right now, and have so many new vehicles comming up that would need greater attention.
Somehow i think AT will come out sooner because the XUV has been launched in Australia which is a predominantly AT market and unless M&M launch AT model soon it may be a total failure plus plans to launch in Europe soon where also they need a AT model of the XUV.
This is just my reasoning so don't bet on it and wait for the AT model.(so far there are no spy shots of a XUV with AT transmission being tested)
Old 19th June 2012, 09:29   #2691
Senior - BHPian

Regarding the headlamps on XUV. I see the same headlamp effect that Mannubhai has posted here in this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2588729

I understand that this is standard with all XUV vehicles for the safety purpose. However, on my recent highway drive, I found the throw to be very short even when set to highest using the leveler control.
A couple of turns came to me as a surprize since the throw is very short. I had to run with the high beams on majority of the part which is not a good thing to do.

Has anyone faced this issue (if its the same as mine, I'm sure people would have)! If so, how to workaround this? Any solution?
Are the projectors on XUV designed only for halogen lamps or an HID can also be used (are projector designs for halogen and HID different?)?
I may have to use the ballasts, If someone can help me understanding that installing them will not void the warranty will be appreciated.
I did post this same query in auto lighting thread but posting here as well since this is more specific to the vehicle. I shall any way check with the RM on this and find out more.
@Mannubhai, have you got a solution to this one yet! I remember other couple of owners also reported this.
Ketan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2012, 16:19   #2692
BHPian

I went to Mahindra dealer to have look and test drive XUV in Meerut, U.P. They do have 4 XUV's on dispaly but no test drive available as of now due to some pending PDI and all. They got 4 cars from company all W8 models - White, Grey, Purple and Black. On-road price for W6 - 13.25 Lac and for W8 - 14.91 Lac. One thing the company has done messed up with colour choices. They only have 4 colours in W6 (base) variant - Black, Red, D.Grey, Silver. No white in W6 and moreover Biege+Plum interior combo is available in only Black & White variant.
So if any body likes to buy a biege interior, he can only choose from black & white. Since no base variant in white, pay for higher variant since Black is lot difficult to maintain here.
Now comes the waiting part - 8 MONTHS waiting period for any choice of variant/colour. No guaranteed price. Any price increase will have to be borne by the buyer on the day of the delivery. Though you have option to cancel the booking by paying 5k.
Too much confusion?
Old 19th June 2012, 23:31   #2693
BHPian

Has anyone made a PDI for XUV 500 ? Taking delivery on Thursday
Old 20th June 2012, 10:02   #2694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavdalal
Has anyone made a PDI for XUV 500 ? Taking delivery on Thursday
Even I am taking mine on Thursday. I didnt have time to do pdi because of last minute office pressures...
Old 20th June 2012, 10:56   #2695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Even I am taking mine on Thursday. I didnt have time to do pdi because of last minute office pressures...
You dont have to prepare one, its already there on this thread, shared that with Vaibhav earlier, here its
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...ist-v1.00.xlsx

you may want to check on the VIN/status of clutch/break parts/sw ver/ecu ver etc if you can, if you get to drive a bit around, make sure the wheel alignment issues isnt there, I couldnt and had to go to service station later to get it fixed.

Last edited by Ketan : 20th June 2012 at 10:59.
Ketan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2012, 11:50   #2696
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra XUV500 launch review report by Carpoint Australia:

Mahindra XUV500: Launch Review

Quote:
Excerpts:
1. The front-drive spec starts at $29,990, the all-paw variant at $32,990. To help ram home the big-value message, both prices are drive-away.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd June 2012 at 13:24. Reason: Keeping fair usage practices in mind, it is best to include an excerpt + link to full article
Old 21st June 2012, 12:25   #2697
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
5. There are few oilers on the passenger car market that articulate their 'dieseldom' as succinctly. That engine noise and the manual-only spec help announce its seriousness of purpose as an off-roader, with the AWD model getting a low-ratio transfer box.
XUV has a low-ratio transfer box??? hearing that for the first time. Is there any difference in AWD model for export markets?
Old 21st June 2012, 12:32   #2698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
XUV has a low-ratio transfer box??? hearing that for the first time. Is there any difference in AWD model for export markets?
I guess so... this is why they have mentioned it in their report.
But, do you think a monocoque is capable of properly utilising the low-ratio transfer box (LSD) as compared to body on ladder SUV.
Old 22nd June 2012, 17:18   #2699
BHPian

Took the delivery of my Silver W8 on 23rd May and then on 6th June went for a long drive of close to 4000 KMs (Bangalore - Hyderabad - Nagpur - Bhopal - Jabalpur and back).

All thumbs up. Pleasure to drive. Didn't felt tired even after doing Bangalore to Nagpur in a day. Had to go through all kind of roads during the 4K run but handled all (4 lane / 2 lane / patched / potholes). Although forum is full of complaints about breaks but never felt uncomfortable with it. Even when slowing down from speed of 120 to 30-40, to take care of people/bullock cart on wrong side , cows/goats/dogs and sudden diversions.

Didn't faced any niggles as such, other than few times AC not agreeing to follow my instructions. Restart of XUV took care of that. While returning enjoyed the first rain of season near Hyderabad. Automatic vipers were good most of the time but had to switch to manual mode when drizzle was constant and heavy.

NH44 is great and XUV made it greater. Cheers to Mahindra for such a wonderful product .
abhidube is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2012, 18:30   #2700
PGA
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Regarding the headlamps on XUV. I see the same headlamp effect that Mannubhai has posted here in this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2588729

I understand that this is standard with all XUV vehicles for the safety purpose. However, on my recent highway drive, I found the throw to be very short even when set to highest using the leveler control.
A couple of turns came to me as a surprize since the throw is very short. I had to run with the high beams on majority of the part which is not a good thing to do.

Has anyone faced this issue (if its the same as mine, I'm sure people would have)! If so, how to workaround this? Any solution?
@Mannubhai, have you got a solution to this one yet! I remember other couple of owners also reported this.
Drove last night on the highway for 250kms, found the problem quite acute necessitating repeated use of full beam for prolonged periods. Leveller switch was only accentuating the problem. I think issue requires urgent attention by M&M. Discussed the issue with RM in Ludhiana who didn't have much of an idea of the problem.
Planning to take up with customer service guys. Any inputs please

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks