Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2012, 22:12   #2716
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Guys,i dont know how the delivery things are going on because in my city,the bookings started on 8th June and yesterday itself,4 XUVs were delivered!This is as per newspaper but i've seen a couple of brand new ones today.Pretty strange coz the people in other cities who have booked in 2nd booking window still are waiting for it.
I'm guessing the bigger metros have a longer waiting period? I've booked on the 8th June itself, and got a call 3-4 days ago from Sireesh Auto stating that my delivery date is Aug 9th.
Old 27th June 2012, 22:13   #2717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
I booked on 17 June here at Sireesh auto, Bangalore. Dealer told me that waiting period is about 4-5 months. They have one tool from m&m containing information on customer records and booking. I took a snapshot of it and it shows a waiting of 16 weeks. They told that I will be updated in case of any change in waiting period.
Keeping my fingers crossed on xuv niggles.
All Niggles are "fixable" by Mahindra. They even were courteous to replace an XUV with the same engine number & Chassis number for a fellow BHPian's friend. Niggles, even though it exists, can be fixed by an A.S.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsprabhu View Post
Indiagarage guys told me 20-24 weeks. But can happen sooner. I will check with him tomorrow. I booked on 18th.
Yes the Average wait time is 16-20 weeks. You can expect sooner deliveries owing to cancellations, faster productions etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Guys,i dont know how the delivery things are going on because in my city,the bookings started on 8th June and yesterday itself,4 XUVs were delivered!This is as per newspaper but i've seen a couple of brand new ones today.Pretty strange coz the people in other cities who have booked in 2nd booking window still are waiting for it.
The 4 XUVs must have been a part of initial deliveries and surely would have been sold for a premium of couple of lacs or would have been delivered to people with influence.
Old 28th June 2012, 13:09   #2718
BHPian

I had mailed Mahindra customer care. Got a reply from Bangalore Area Asst Sales Manager. Booking was done on 18th June through Indiagarage, Bangalore. Here is the reply

Quote:
Dear Sir,

Greetings for the day!

Apologies for the delay in reply. We have analyzed your booking – Order No: OTF13A001035, XUV 500 W8 Red. The probable waiting period as of now is 22 weeks.

We would also inform the exact delivery date as per the communication from our Sales Planning Team. Kindly bear with us till such time.

Regards,
Gaurav Kumar
Asst. Manager - Sales||M & M, Auto Sector||Bangalore AO
Old 29th June 2012, 16:20   #2719

Mod Note : Do NOT post off-topic messages that take the thread off track for your own benefit. STICK to the topic.

Last edited by GTO : 30th June 2012 at 11:22.
Old 29th June 2012, 23:39   #2720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsprabhu
I had mailed Mahindra customer care. Got a reply from Bangalore Area Asst Sales Manager. Booking was done on 18th June through Indiagarage, Bangalore. Here is the reply
Had booked the w8 opulent purple on 10th june at TVS, cochin. Have not heard back from mahindra so far. When I checked with the dealer today if they had received any updates on possible delivery date, the person told me they usually got the list only one month later. And I would be getting the info before them.

Yesterday had sent a mail to mahindra also with the booking details. No reply so far.

FundaG
Old 30th June 2012, 17:06   #2721
BHPian

fundagenie, give M&M a day or two. They will get back.
Old 1st July 2012, 00:10   #2722
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd July 2012 at 13:40.
fundagenie is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd July 2012, 11:05   #2723
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Anyones got more information about XUV alloys option for W6 folks? I thought I will wait for some more time to get the alloys while more options become avialable. I just lost one of the wheel caps and was thinking to go with the alloys if better options are available.
I somehow dont like the sporty alloys that M&M has, liked the regular ones better than that, but need to know the avialability and cost for that.
Please share if you have more details on alloys (except the sporty ones).
Thanks.
Old 3rd July 2012, 18:20   #2724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Guys,

Anyones got more information about XUV alloys option for W6 folks? I thought I will wait for some more time to get the alloys while more options become avialable. I just lost one of the wheel caps and was thinking to go with the alloys if better options are available.
I somehow dont like the sporty alloys that M&M has, liked the regular ones better than that, but need to know the avialability and cost for that.
Thanks.
Check for Prestige alloys there in your area. I am using it since dec 11. Priced at 25K.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 19:18   #2725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Check for Prestige alloys there in your area. I am using it since dec 11. Priced at 25K.
Thanks Nitin, while I was searching for prestige, I also found this HRS supplier, Sai Mag Wheels, I see that you also approached him sometime back but he didnt have much choice for PCD that is used for XUV. Please have a look at this one, he seem to have got some new designes recently. Let me know if you have any idea about the quality of this HRS!! Is it ok to order online?
I have already sent an email to them asking for more details on price and warranty etc. Lets see what I end up with.
http://www.alloywheelsindia.com/mahindra/xuv_500.htm
Old 3rd July 2012, 19:40   #2726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Nitin, while I was searching for prestige, I also found this HRS supplier, Sai Mag Wheels, I see that you also approached him sometime back but he didnt have much choice for PCD that is used for XUV. Please have a look at this one, he seem to have got some new designes recently. Let me know if you have any idea about the quality of this HRS!! Is it ok to order online?
I have already sent an email to them asking for more details on price and warranty etc. Lets see what I end up with.
http://www.alloywheelsindia.com/mahindra/xuv_500.htm
Don't worry bout the quality, all these alloys are more or less same. HRS have been in business from a long time and Sai Mag too. Though i havent bought any alloys from Sai personally but what i have heard is only good reviews.
Check with them if they have a dealer in your area. Not sure if you buy online, how much more you would end up paying. Remember these are heavy stuff and would cost a lot to send it to your place. So ideally its better to buy from a place close to you rather than spending extra on delivery.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 19:56   #2727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Don't worry bout the quality, all these alloys are more or less same. HRS have been in business from a long time and Sai Mag too. Though i havent bought any alloys from Sai personally but what i have heard is only good reviews.
Check with them if they have a dealer in your area. Not sure if you buy online, how much more you would end up paying. Remember these are heavy stuff and would cost a lot to send it to your place. So ideally its better to buy from a place close to you rather than spending extra on delivery.
Thanks,

I will check if they have any dealer in Bangalore.
My brother is in Gurgaon, if its not a big hassel, I will ask him and see if he can put it in some transport for me.

Thanks Zappo,

I have also written to Sireesh auto about it, lets see what I hear back from them.
Its difficult to know the reivews since these things are in market for not a long period of time. M&M alloys can assure you the reliability from the design perspective, while HRS may have good, tested quiality assurance. The price also makes a bit of difference here. I may go with M&M if regular ones are available choosing design over longavity/quality material by HRS.

Last edited by Ketan : 3rd July 2012 at 20:05.
Old 3rd July 2012, 19:58   #2728
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Guys,

Thanks.
If you like the W8 alloys they are also available I believe. I was quoted 32000 for a set of 4 (or was it 5!). You may have to check again though as it was quite a while back. However, one thing is for sure. You can buy the W8 alloys from M&M if you so wish.
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 20:07   #2729
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
All Niggles are "fixable" by Mahindra. They even were courteous to replace an XUV with the same engine number & Chassis number for a fellow BHPian's friend. Niggles, even though it exists, can be fixed by an A.S.S
I beg your pardon, but if the chassis no. and engine no. are the same then haven't they just given the vehicle back? No two cars have the same chassis number as far as I know.

Please check and make sure that your friend hasn't been fooled. For all you know, they might have just fixed the problem and returned it under the pretext that it's a different car!

I may be wrong though. I'm not sure if one car can have the same engine/chassis number. I don't think it's possible though.
Old 3rd July 2012, 20:14   #2730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I beg your pardon, but if the chassis no. and engine no. are the same then haven't they just given the vehicle back? No two cars have the same chassis number as far as I know.

Please check and make sure that your friend hasn't been fooled. For all you know, they might have just fixed the problem and returned it under the pretext that it's a different car!

I may be wrong though. I'm not sure if one car can have the same engine/chassis number. I don't think it's possible though.
This happed to Fellow BHPian Raj's friend. Those posts have been moved / deleted i guess. Raj mentioned that the current vehicle was taken back and a new vehicle was provided. They retained the same Chassis number so as to avoid RTO hassles. Probably the older vehicle will be scrapped or sold at a discount to employees under the "Outside assembly line rework" product.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks