Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2012, 11:16   #2746
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post

Only issue is Mahindra's Quality Control, I dont have too much knowledge about their After sales experience & the brand name /brand confidence.

My other choice are a Duster for its SUV/rough road capability and the tried & tested people mover Innova.
Just cant make up my mind. Thoroughly utterly confused.
Was in the same confusion except Innova was never in the equation. It was Duster or XUV and finally settled with the XUV. Major reasons were - 7 seats when in need, 2.2 L engine with better power and the most important stuff, effortless cruising in the Highway because of the torque and higher displacement, VFM quotient. The vehicle is loaded to frills for optimal cost.

Have munched 2900kms in 2 weeks and it has been good so far. All the best for your hunt. Keep us posted.
Old 9th July 2012, 12:49   #2747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Only issue is Mahindra's Quality Control, I dont have too much knowledge about their After sales experience & the brand name /brand confidence.

My other choice are a Duster for its SUV/rough road capability and the tried & tested people mover Innova.
Just cant make up my mind. Thoroughly utterly confused.
Nothing much to be said about Mahindra QC, but as far as the after sales experience and brand confidence is concerned it is pretty good and robust.
Old 9th July 2012, 13:05   #2748
BHPian

Has anyone looked at the branded options (like Thule, Yakima, etc.) for the roof carrier for the XUV?
The XUV seems to have a "flush" side rail on the roof, with fixed points for attaching the cross bars. This means that run-of-the-mill carriers that can easily fit a Scorpio/Safari/Yeti will probably not fit the XUV. The only similar vehicle in India seems to the Honda CRV.

Any suggestions?
Old 9th July 2012, 13:43   #2749
BHPian

@ scopriobharath, Sathya_sc, m_upreti :
Thanks for providing your valuable feedback!
Knowing about the after sales experience, from actual owners is reassuring.

In all probability, I will go ahead with Booking the XUV.

After seeing the Duster in person 2 times; frankly, my initial enthusiasm has dampened.
Its just too tiny winy. I will take couple of TD & then decide. I did a early Booking in Feb-March & I am in no hurry to get the car now without seeing it in flesh on the road.

Plus, the SA said that there was a 8 month waiting period now for the XUV !! So , I have got all the time in the world now.
Old 9th July 2012, 13:44   #2750
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Happy to report that I got the delivery of my Tuscan Red W8 on 30th June. No trouble except a couple of minor issues.

Upgrading from Alto Lx to XUV5OO W8. Have driven around 175 km till now. Slowly getting used to the sheer size of the vehicle. A reverse-camera is a must, got one installed.

A detailed ownership report coming up soon!
Old 9th July 2012, 18:51   #2751
BHPian

What minor issues did you face?
BUXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2012, 19:20   #2752
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What minor issues did you face?
The vehicle tends to pull slightly to the left.
USB does not play videos (The manual says it should).

That's all.
Old 9th July 2012, 19:27   #2753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Happy to report that I got the delivery of my Tuscan Red W8 on 30th June. No trouble except a couple of minor issues.
Upgrading from Alto Lx to XUV5OO W8. Have driven around 175 km till now. Slowly getting used to the sheer size of the vehicle. A reverse-camera is a must, got one installed.
Glad to hear this, SDP. I know you were contemplating to go for one for sometime.
Congratulations and wish you a problem-free experience with your new ride. Yes we shall wait for the ownership review.
with the newer btaches, I'm sure we shouldnt have many issues and most of the niggles are sorted out.
I'm going to complete one month wihthin a few days and its been a great experience so far.
yes, tell us about those small issues you are referring to and we will wait for your report+lots of pictures of you new ride.

I've moved from Palio to XUV. I'm driving in Bangalore traffic on daily basis for a month now. I was comfortable with the vehicle size and dynamics within a few kms only, that shouldnt be a big problem.
Parking should be a bit of problem if you have to park at many places in the city, in my case, I dont have much problems since I park either at work or at home (good parking facilities at both places), very few instances when i have to park in the city or some places where I'm not so comfortable. Recline the middle, middle seat and that will clear up some more view for you, I do that rather than removing the head restraint in the middle, that works for me. I have not gone for rear camera as yet, I guess I'm fine with the default sensor with my limited requirement of parking at various places so far.
What are the other accessories you opted for! See you on your ownership thread soon.
Again, congratulations on your new ride and wish you many more happy miles with the your new ride.
Ketan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2012, 19:41   #2754
BHPian

Quote:

Awesome and congrats. Even my D.Grey XUV is now 2 weeks old with 2900 kms in the ODO. No major issues in the car and car feels like a dream. Good when I realize, Mahindra is proceeding in the right direction towards being a Global Automobile Manufacturer.

Eager to see your ownership thread. Have fun and enjoy your XUV.

Personally T.Red has been my favourite color. For me, since D.Grey was available, I took it immediately without waiting. Would love to see some pics. Pls put LOADS of them..pls
Sathya_sc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2012, 20:01   #2755
BHPian

Hi Guys, need your help and some advice. I am planning to book the XUV tomorrow (black is my preferred choice). Need some quick inputs:
  • What is the warranty that is being offered by Mahindra? Is there an extended warranty that we can opt for?
  • How is the Fuel Efficiency in the City?
  • What kind of maintenance costs are folks seeing? What are the typical costs for each trip to the service station?
Old 11th July 2012, 22:29   #2756
BHPian

Update: My XUV had a cracked windscreen 1 month into driving, thanks to a flying stone from a trucks wheels. Got it replaced today...cost...very reasonable Rs 6000/- only advantage of owning a Indian brand...

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Technocrat : 13th July 2012 at 02:21. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 11th July 2012, 22:40   #2757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb View Post
Update: My XUV had a cracked windscreen 1 month into driving, thanks to a flying stone from a trucks wheels. Got it replaced today...cost...very reasonable Rs 6000/- only advantage of owning a Indian brand...
Yup, thats one of the points in decission making, easy to maintain. Dont you have bumper to bumper insurance! I understand that it covers the windshield as well.
I remember seeing a seperate option to cover windshield when I was buying my insurance, but as soon as I chose 0%dep (b2b), the windshield option deemed to additional charges to the total premium.
Old 11th July 2012, 23:07   #2758
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoneAndDusted View Post
Hi Guys, need your help and some advice. I am planning to book the XUV tomorrow (black is my preferred choice). Need some quick inputs:
  • What is the warranty that is being offered by Mahindra? Is there an extended warranty that we can opt for?
  • How is the Fuel Efficiency in the City?
  • What kind of maintenance costs are folks seeing? What are the typical costs for each trip to the service station?
2 years or 65,000kms (whichever comes first) is standard warranty on XUV. People from initial batches got 3rd Year warranty free. There is no extended warranty option offered by M&M.
Old 11th July 2012, 23:15   #2759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan

Yup, thats one of the points in decission making, easy to maintain. Dont you have bumper to bumper insurance! I understand that it covers the windshield as well.
I remember seeing a seperate option to cover windshield when I was buying my insurance, but as soon as I chose 0%dep (b2b), the windshield option deemed to additional charges to the total premium.
Ketan I have a 0 Depp insurance, but each time you go for a claim, you have to pay 2000, irrespective of amount payable. So for me it made more sense to pay 4k, rather than losing my NCB

Last edited by Joyb : 11th July 2012 at 23:29.
Old 11th July 2012, 23:16   #2760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The vehicle tends to pull slightly to the left.
Must be because of the slope on the road (and only at low speeds?).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks