Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2012, 16:36   #2806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie

It is a pretty long time considering I had booked within 5 days of the restart of the booking on June 8th. If I am given a 8 month wait period, what would be the probable delivery dates of people who had booked after me and booking nowadays. Any idea if TVS could have delayed passing over the booking info to Mahindra resulting in such a long waiting period.

The funny part was when I expressed my unhappiness over such a long waiting period, both M&M executive and the TVS executuve's next question was - Sir, do you want to cancel. Clearly shows they are least bothered if I cancel.

FundaG
I can truly understand your frustration. I sail the same boat. Yes they are not interested in you or me. For a manufacturer we are just the numbers. And thats something which they dont even need as of now.
Regarding your question on dealer delaying the booking, what I understood at the time of booking was that the booking can only be accepted by creating your customer Id with mahindra and that too online. So the moment they create your Id ' Aap katar mein hain'.For me they took 30mnts to get me a receipt as their servers were busy.

In an ownership review one of the members, he mentioned getting his XUV immediately as someone cancelled his booking and our friend grabbed the oppurtunity.
However I was under the impression that M&M does not allow out of sequence allotments or change of name even for that matter.

Anyways all the best and lets hope that our batch of vehicles would be niggle free.
Old 16th July 2012, 16:58   #2807
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkX View Post
An accident has been reported recently and the passenger died due to the failure of side airbags in the XUV500. As reported in local newspapers, an omni bus hit the XUV's the rear door and the collision made a hole in the side air bag. While a collision can cause serious damage to the vehicle and air bag failure, is there a possibility that the XUV's body and design is fragile and make it more easy to pierce the air bag? Check the link below:

TN: PMK leader dies in midnight accident - The New Indian Express
Deep condolences on a young leaders death.

I read the news article. I saw no mention of the airbags not inflating nor about any damage to the airbags. Whats the source of your news other than the link , that the airbags malfunctioned ?

I get a feeling that he had his seat reclined to a sleeping position and hence took the entire impact of the crash.
Old 16th July 2012, 17:39   #2808
BHPian

You can't really blame Mahindra, even Fortuner had a long waiting period. The new Swift and Dzire ZDi have waiting of around 1yr.
But dealerships do need to improve transparency and give customers proper details regarding delivery date.
Old 16th July 2012, 19:29   #2809
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by methilsunkara View Post
You can't really blame Mahindra, even Fortuner had a long waiting period. The new Swift and Dzire ZDi have waiting of around 1yr.
But dealerships do need to improve transparency and give customers proper details regarding delivery date.
Also the booking cancellation charges should apply only if the vehicle is in any stage of the production. If a vehicle is going to get delivered 8-9 months from now, pretty sure, not even any component would be manufactured for next 4 months. In that case, what are the cancellation charges for? For data-entry into their CRM system?

Last edited by SDP : 16th July 2012 at 19:30.
Old 16th July 2012, 20:08   #2810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
At the time of booking they had confirmed a max waiting period of 4 months and now they are beating around the bush.
Has the dealership given to you in writing that it would be 5 months at the Max? IF yes, your case would be strong, else verbal commitments hold no good at all.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2012, 20:16   #2811
BANNED

With this being the state of Mahindra's outlook to its premium product customers, I would say TATA is anyday better !

Take my advice, buy the sturdier ARIA. It has a ladder frame chassis and a body bolted on. A monocoque off roader will not last long IMHO.

Last edited by GTO : 18th July 2012 at 17:15. Reason: Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.
Old 16th July 2012, 20:25   #2812
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Has the dealership given to you in writing that it would be 5 months at the Max? IF yes, your case would be strong, else verbal commitments hold no good at all.
That's a good point. In the order/booking form, there is a place where the tentative wait period needs to be mentioned. I remember, when I booked, it was mentioned 16 weeks in the form and the SA was quite apologetic about it and kept on mentioning that 'don't worry sir, you will get your vehicle much earlier than that. We need to me mention 16 weeks to be on the safer side.'

So if the order-form mentions 15-16 weeks and the CPD is actually 32-40 weeks away, one has a case to push for a cancellation without any charges.
Old 16th July 2012, 22:13   #2813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
wait of 7-8 months. And the delivery would be made earlier in case of any cancellations. -------------------------------------
. If I cancel, I lose 5k..
In my opinion 7-8 months is the maximum waiting period, you should get your delivery before that. This is one way to avoid, you keep enquiring about the delivery date. If you get frustrated and decide to cancel, 5K goes to MM coffers. Either way win-win for MM. That 5k is like a donation, total profit, the more cancellations better off for MM. Booking fees is high, we can totally understand, so that only genuine people who is interested in the vehicle will make the booking. But not sure why 5K cancellation fees. Are they afraid once the new products get introduced, or frustration due to delayed delivery or more and more word of mouth publicity about the initial issues will cause customers to cancel and this 5 K cancellation will force them to think twice before actually cancelling?
Old 16th July 2012, 22:40   #2814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
That's a good point. In the order/booking form, there is a place where the tentative wait period needs to be mentioned. I remember, when I booked, it was mentioned 16 weeks in the form and the SA was quite apologetic about it and kept on mentioning that 'don't worry sir, you will get your vehicle much earlier than that. We need to me mention 16 weeks to be on the safer side.'

So if the order-form mentions 15-16 weeks and the CPD is actually 32-40 weeks away, one has a case to push for a cancellation without any charges.
That is the biggest issue here. Those TVS creeps had just mentioned ASAP in the Tentative date column. The booking was done by a relative as I couldnt be present in person. Dont know which dealer would use terms like ASAP and not mention a date. So assume ASAP could mean 7-8 months also. Anyway I am going to push as much as possible.

FundaG
Old 16th July 2012, 22:47   #2815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goarules View Post
Guys - Need some guidance. My XUV (W8 White) delivery is expected soon. I want to finalize the accessories which I should go for at the time of delivery. I have shortlisted the below ones; is there anything I am missing which is recommended as an absolute must on Day 1?

Chrome Rear Door Gate Cover 402
LED Scuff Plates 3500
Side Steps (Demand from family L) 13500
Reverse Parking Camera 4500
Rubber Matting Deziner Mats (HD) 2481
Carpet Matting Plain 1753
COMBO Offer (Antirust + Paint Protection) 12000
Roof Carrier (Not an urgent reqt) 11500
Congrats !! on your buy. what is your ice set up. Dont tell me JBL ovals with pioneer HU
Old 17th July 2012, 04:04   #2816
BHPian

for all those who are waiting for the Automatic XUV 500, I found a video on youtube

i knew its not worth waiting for AT as it might be long but this is gonna be even longer than i thought. so no point waiting. same goes for AWD as well. might take really long.
magikrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2012, 16:07   #2817
Senior - BHPian

This may sound strange, but just got a call from Koncept auto in Delhi, following up on my XUV enquiry. When i told them the long waiting period put me off, the dealer offered to make the car available in 2-3 weeks saying that Mahindra has recently given dealers the flexibility to jump the queue if there are any cancelled bookings.

I take that with a pinch of salt. Sounds fishy to me.

He said if i wanted silver, he can almost guarantee delivery (nothing in writing though) but will have to check for black and will revert.

Although i am not going for XUV, in case anyone in NCR is contemplating buying one, you may want to check with this dealer. But make sure that they are not palming off any damaged car.
Old 17th July 2012, 16:24   #2818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami
This may sound strange, but just got a call from Koncept auto in Delhi, following up on my XUV enquiry. When i told them the long waiting period put me off, the dealer offered to make the car available in 2-3 weeks saying that Mahindra has recently given dealers the flexibility to jump the queue if there are any cancelled bookings.

I take that with a pinch of salt. Sounds fishy to me.

He said if i wanted silver, he can almost guarantee delivery (nothing in writing though) but will have to check for black and will revert.

Although i am not going for XUV, in case anyone in NCR is contemplating buying one, you may want to check with this dealer. But make sure that they are not palming off any damaged car.
Well happened the same to me. I tweeted Mr Mahindra yesterday. Immediately within half an hour I had a tweet from mahindra asking for my details. This morning Koncept auto called me and asked me about my feedback and concerns. Strangely he did not offer me any such deal. Who was the guy who called you btw?

Did you say that you are cancelling because of waiting?

Regds
Rajat
Old 17th July 2012, 18:19   #2819
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by goarules View Post
Guys - Need some guidance. My XUV (W8 White) delivery is expected soon. I want to finalize the accessories which I should go for at the time of delivery. I have shortlisted the below ones; is there anything I am missing which is recommended as an absolute must on Day 1?

Chrome Rear Door Gate Cover 402
LED Scuff Plates 3500
Side Steps (Demand from family L) 13500
Reverse Parking Camera 4500
Rubber Matting Deziner Mats (HD) 2481
Carpet Matting Plain 1753
COMBO Offer (Antirust + Paint Protection) 12000
Roof Carrier (Not an urgent reqt) 11500
Sorry for quoting a old post, but seems like the dealers are charging whatever that comes to their mind for the accessories. I paid 3100 for the reverse parking camera. Are the accessories really Mahindra approved? Or are the dealers just picking up stuff from any neighbourhood accessories shop and selling it to unsuspecting customers?

There seems to be no standardization of the accessories list available with the dealers. When I checked in Mumbai, I was offered a roof mounted LCD screen (without a player) for about 10K. When I checked with the Pune dealer, he was not even aware of such an accessory and advised me to go for a roof mounted DVD player+LCD-Screen combo for 25K
Old 17th July 2012, 18:43   #2820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is the biggest issue here. Those TVS creeps had just mentioned ASAP in the Tentative date column. The booking was done by a relative as I couldnt be present in person. Dont know which dealer would use terms like ASAP and not mention a date. So assume ASAP could mean 7-8 months also. Anyway I am going to push as much as possible.
FundaG
Well, as SDP mentioned, if 4 months is "written" on the receipt given to you, you have a chance to "fight" else there is no use. If its written, just mention it in the FB page and it will attract the highest attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
In my opinion 7-8 months is the maximum waiting period, you should get your delivery before that.
Speak to the customer care and find out what is their view. Tell them that you were promised 4 months and now its being told 7 months. Tell them that you are interested if the product is available in 4 months else not.

Quote:
Agreed. Worst case - use the Facebook Page method

Quote:
Sorry for quoting a old post, but seems like the dealers are charging whatever that comes to their mind for the accessories. I paid 3100 for the reverse parking camera. Are the accessories really Mahindra approved? Or are the dealers just picking up stuff from any neighbourhood accessories shop and selling it to unsuspecting customers?
There seems to be no standardization of the accessories list available with the dealers. When I checked in Mumbai, I was offered a roof mounted LCD screen (without a player) for about 10K. When I checked with the Pune dealer, he was not even aware of such an accessory and advised me to go for a roof mounted DVD player+LCD-Screen combo for 25K
If an authorized OEM accessory is available from the manufacturer, the dealers are liable to sell that ONLY. Example, they must sell only the OE equipment of reverse camera. They cannot sell aftermarket replacements. However, for products like say "GPS Security systems", They MUST liason with the vendor to ensure wires are not spliced, if requested by the customer.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 17th July 2012 at 18:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks