Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2012, 23:47   #2866
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46TheDoctor View Post
I have a question for all the bhpians here.
Has the XUV 500 W8 AWD become niggle free now?
I am in a market for awd suv and will buy xuv only if it has become niggle free especially the electronics. Otherwise i will be forced to shell out 10L more to get that Japanese reliability. I want my car to be reliable enough to avoid unscheduled visits to the workshop. I sold my 18 month old safari for this reason only. Please help.
There is very little information available about the AWD variant. On TBHP DockAp owns one. As far as electronics are concerned, W8 AWD would have mostly the same electronic components as the W8 FWD. My understanding has been that the niggles have come down significantly in recent batches. At the same time, I doubt XUV would be completely niggle-free any time soon.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2012, 12:47   #2867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iride View Post
I agree with you.
My idea though was to use the trailer hitch also as a mounting post for accessories such as bike racks, extra luggage carriers, etc. Of course it can be roof mounted too, but mounting / dismounting a cycle from the roof may be a pain... even cause a scratch or two to the paintwork if not extra careful. Rear hitch mounted carriers seem easier to use.
If bike carriers are your requirements, There are aftermarket bike carriers that can be fit on to the rear of the vehicle without the need for a rear hitch. They cost in the range of Rs 12000/-.

Quote:
I have a question for all the bhpians here.
Has the XUV 500 W8 AWD become niggle free now?
I am in a market for awd suv and will buy xuv only if it has become niggle free especially the electronics. Otherwise i will be forced to shell out 10L more to get that Japanese reliability. I want my car to be reliable enough to avoid unscheduled visits to the workshop. I sold my 18 month old safari for this reason only. Please help.
First I think the AWD is not available at all. I guess people who booked the AWD last year are still waiting for their AWD. M&M do not accept bookings for the AWD now and i dont see them opening the AWD anytime soon. Dwelling more on niggle free, The product has niggles although every niggle is fixable at the A.S.S. XUV is not as niggle free as any of the Japanese Manufacturers. IF Quality, reliability and niggle free SUV is what you are looking for Fortuner is the blind choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
As far as I know Mahindra isn't taking bookings for the AWD version at all right now. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

As for the XUV (any variant) being niggle free, I think the majority of the niggles have been corrected now but then, people have problems with the 10 year old Scorpio also. I don't think the XUV is for you.
Yes you are right. Mahindra does not accept bookings for XUV. Niggles exists on factory roll out products, but fixable at A.S.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
There is very little information available about the AWD variant. On TBHP DockAp owns one. As far as electronics are concerned, W8 AWD would have mostly the same electronic components as the W8 FWD. My understanding has been that the niggles have come down significantly in recent batches. At the same time, I doubt XUV would be completely niggle-free any time soon.
Yes All features are same in W8 & W8 AWD except for the AWD technology built in.

Unless your daily usage involves driving in snow, gravel and similar terrain, FWD version would more than suffice. Anyway you cannot take the vehicle off road like jeeps & gypsy et all,
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2012, 17:15   #2868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
As far as I know Mahindra isn't taking bookings for the AWD version at all right now. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

As for the XUV (any variant) being niggle free, I think the majority of the niggles have been corrected now but then, people have problems with the 10 year old Scorpio also. I don't think the XUV is for you.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
If bike carriers are your requirements, There are aftermarket bike carriers that can be fit on to the rear of the vehicle without the need for a rear hitch. They cost in the range of Rs 12000/-.

First I think the AWD is not available at all. I guess people who booked the AWD last year are still waiting for their AWD. M&M do not accept bookings for the AWD now and i dont see them opening the AWD anytime soon. Dwelling more on niggle free, The product has niggles although every niggle is fixable at the A.S.S. XUV is not as niggle free as any of the Japanese Manufacturers. IF Quality, reliability and niggle free SUV is what you are looking for Fortuner is the blind choice.

Yes you are right. Mahindra does not accept bookings for XUV. Niggles exists on factory roll out products, but fixable at A.S.S

Yes All features are same in W8 & W8 AWD except for the AWD technology built in.

Unless your daily usage involves driving in snow, gravel and similar terrain, FWD version would more than suffice. Anyway you cannot take the vehicle off road like jeeps & gypsy et all,
Thnx for your replies.
Actually i was given official quotation for w8 AWD with promised delivery period of 1 month by silver jubilee motors on 16-5-2012 hence my querry. I dont know the current situation and looking at all the negative replies i am not interested to check it out either.
Old 22nd July 2012, 18:26   #2869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thnx for your replies.
Actually i was given official quotation for w8 AWD with promised delivery period of 1 month by silver jubilee motors on 16-5-2012 hence my query. I dont know the current situation and looking at all the negative replies i am not interested to check it out either.

Doctor you are really lucky.

I think this AWD is from a booking from the 2011 (launch) batch as M&M did not take any AWD bookings at all post that. I think some one would have booked the AWD and later settled for FWD or moved on to a competitor. I would say grab it. Please ensure that the AWD system works
Old 23rd July 2012, 15:48   #2870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
I am hearing time and again about the concerns on braking (in TBHP and also in other forum reviews) . Is this a concern, and can someone please provide some details on it?
To tell you the truth, YES brakes are a real "concern". They are NOT fixable by A.S.S. till now. If you go and complain bout the brakes, they would simply replace it with another one saying these are New improved brakes. But in fact they are as crap as the older ones. Infact these new ones creates more noise than older ones while braking. So please dont think this issue has been solved. This is still there and god knows when it would be solved.
Old 23rd July 2012, 16:16   #2871
BHPian

Anybody else think that the range of the XUV Remote is too less?

I can barely lock my car from more than 10 meters away. My civic does it from more than 50 meters away that too with line of sight!!

Battery issues?
Old 23rd July 2012, 17:08   #2872
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by reevester View Post

I can barely lock my car from more than 10 meters away. My civic does it from more than 50 meters away that too with line of sight!!

Battery issues?
Yeah, noticed it myself. Had no experience with remote lock/unlock, so won't be able to comment on whether other cars offer better range. But even in absolute terms, the range is quite small. It would be really tricky to locate your XUV in a huge parking lot.
Old 23rd July 2012, 18:31   #2873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anybody else think that the range of the XUV Remote is too less?I can barely lock my car from more than 10 meters away. My civic does it from more than 50 meters away that too with line of sight!! Battery issues?
Quote:
Yeah, noticed it myself. Had no experience with remote lock/unlock, so won't be able to comment on whether other cars offer better range. But even in absolute terms, the range is quite small. It would be really tricky to locate your XUV in a huge parking lot.
It does not depend on battery but the range / power of the Transmitter-receiver combo. My Friend's VW Polo had a range of 50+ meters (maybe 100) but my Autocop in my Santro has a range of only 5-6 meters at the MAX. Maybe the transmitter-receiver combo does not have a good range

Last edited by benbsb29 : 23rd July 2012 at 21:54. Reason: Typo corrected.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2012, 00:52   #2874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Battery issues?
Yes the range is an issue with XUV. Mine too does not have a good range.
Old 24th July 2012, 05:13   #2875
J.B
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
You could try this method:

It worked for me
J.B is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2012, 06:35   #2876
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Battery issues?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Look at the positive side. A limited range means no accidental unlocking of the car from your 4th floor apartment or from inside a shop or when your small kid is playing with the remote. Its a safety feature.
Old 24th July 2012, 11:38   #2877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Look at the positive side. A limited range means no accidental unlocking of the car from your 4th floor apartment or from inside a shop or when your small kid is playing with the remote. Its a safety feature.
The Innova's remote has a superb range. I have unlocked the car from even the 5th floor of a building. But I have accidentally unlocked the car many times because I always used to keep the key in my jeans' pocket. Now I either hold it in my hand or keep it in the shirt's pocket!

Remedy is - the button should be hard an inset within the key, so that it does not unlock accidentally.
Old 24th July 2012, 12:28   #2878
BHPian

Quote:

Battery issues?
Yes. I face it . I open it just as i reach the car and lock it as soon as i exit. And hence did not check the range initially. Couple of test runs to check the range showed this problem. 10-15 mtrs at the best.
Old 24th July 2012, 14:21   #2879
BHPian

Which dealer in NCR would you guys recommend? I am leaning towards Koncept, Lajpat Nagar since they are big & perhaps would have a larger quota of vehicles allotted to them?

But Koncept & Sri Durga both say have mentioned that buying Insurance is mandatory from them. I haven't yet spoken to the Sales guy about this though..

Need your inputs on this ! Thx in advance !!
Old 25th July 2012, 00:12   #2880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX
Which dealer in NCR would you guys recommend? I am leaning towards Koncept, Lajpat Nagar since they are big & perhaps would have a larger quota of vehicles allotted to them?

But Koncept & Sri Durga both say have mentioned that buying Insurance is mandatory from them. I haven't yet spoken to the Sales guy about this though..

Need your inputs on this ! Thx in advance !!
Haven't dealt with Koncept but the guys at Sri Durga (Rama Road) are good. The GM services is a tbhp member and a nice person. My RM Harneet is gem of a person and respects our forum too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks