Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2012, 20:33   #3016
PGA
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki

While checking with the cochin dealer, he told me they don't allow PDI as it is against company's policy and Mahindra too confirms it.
I told him it would be tough in my scenario to take vehicle without PDI. Do let me know the way out in such scenario.
Yes what has been stated is quite true. Even my dealer did not let me have a look at the car prior to the delivery. Though he did try to assure me of my concerns which were very similar to yours. I would recommend go a little early, have a good look at your car. Carry the pdi chk list available on the site. Go thru the checks yourself. If it is not upto the mark refuse delivery. I also feel it is better to assess the car after it has been worked upon by the delivery guys whatever they are expected too. I sent my car back to their workshop twice for rectification of small niggles. Let them not rush you through the delivery formalities. Good idea to take a friend along who can bear the onslaught of the delivery guys. All the best, in all likelyhood it will be a pleasent experience.
Cheers
Old 8th August 2012, 21:48   #3017
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavinc View Post
Here in ludhiana i went to two different dealers for rear camera price check, just for curiosity. Dada Motors are offering it for just 2800/- , whereas Modern Motors are asking 6500/- for it . Is there any difference in any of the cameras, cos of the price difference? I asked about night mode on camera, and both of them had night vision.

When the dealer quote 10.5k for the reverse camera, I checked what was the resolution in terms of megapixels and if it would by any chance give HD quality reverse view .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
While checking with the cochin dealer, he told me they don't allow PDI as it is against company's policy and Mahindra too confirms it.
I told him it would be tough in my scenario to take vehicle without PDI. Do let me know the way out in such scenario.
With the way TVS has interacted so far, I dont have much expectations on the possibility of doing a very detailed PDI. Mostly on the day of delivery a basic check could be done. So end of the day. lets hope and pray for a vehicle with less niggles...

FundaG
Old 8th August 2012, 21:52   #3018
BHPian

Looking forward to book an W8 XUV soon!

guys please help me choose a colour. I like the Silver. but the Purple, Green, Black and Red also interests me!

earlier i was decided on white but its not proper white but a bit of off-white. so thats out now! did't like the black on this car before but now somehow its looking attractive.

also the interiors, i wanted the beige ones which are available only in white and black XUV's. but now i think black interiors would be better!

If possible can someone post Purple and Green shade XUV's. cant see Purple and Green anywhere on the forum.

Thank you.
Old 8th August 2012, 22:03   #3019
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post

guys please help me choose a colour. I like the Silver. but the Purple, Green, Black and Red also interests me!

earlier i was decided on white but its not proper white but a bit of off-white. so thats out now! did't like the black on this car before but now somehow its looking attractive.

also the interiors, i wanted the beige ones which are available only in white and black XUV's. but now i think black interiors would be better!

If possible can someone post Purple and Green shade XUV's. cant see Purple and Green anywhere on the forum.

Thank you.
I thought, you already own one. Anyways, about the colour choice, the dark colours are all fantastic. I am not a big fan of the green shade (although it can look fantastic with some military fatigues stickering).
I would have picked up black, but couldn't digest the beige interiors (impractical in Indian conditions IMO). Already have a silver vehicle for last 8 years so that one was out.

The purple is fantastic, looks deep brown in certain light conditions and angles. Was my second choice after Red. Have a look at Grey as well. It looks nice. XUV looks the most sophisticated (European, if you will) in Grey.

The dark colours differentiate the owners from the politico class, if that is important for you. It was for me.

Last edited by SDP : 8th August 2012 at 22:05.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2012, 23:33   #3020
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
We have been thinking way too straight forward! A dealer who has created such an issue & a negative pre-sale impression, well.. I will NOT trust them to be good in such cases too. They may come up with excuses like "We cannot show official docs" or "The vehicle came in the mid-night, so we could NOT invite you for the off-loading function" or "we cannot allow customers in the yard" etc etc! What will the customer do in such cases?
the best way is to fit a GPS tracker and then allow them to move the vehicle to cochin. I for one will definetly install a GPS tracker on 15 lac vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGA View Post
Yes what has been stated is quite true. Even my dealer did not let me have a look at the car prior to the delivery. Though he did try to assure me of my concerns which were very similar to yours. I would recommend go a little early, have a good look at your car. Carry the pdi chk list available on the site. Go thru the checks yourself. If it is not upto the mark refuse delivery. I also feel it is better to assess the car after it has been worked upon by the delivery guys whatever they are expected too. I sent my car back to their workshop twice for rectification of small niggles. Let them not rush you through the delivery formalities. Good idea to take a friend along who can bear the onslaught of the delivery guys. All the best, in all likelyhood it will be a pleasent experience.
Cheers
It is your right to demand to see the vehicle in the yard. They are obligated to do so. Escalate to RM or M&M if the dealer is stubborn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
With the way TVS has interacted so far, I dont have much expectations on the possibility of doing a very detailed PDI. Mostly on the day of delivery a basic check could be done. So end of the day. lets hope and pray for a vehicle with less niggles...
I am sorry but prayers may not work always. PLease insist and have sufficient time to do a detailed PDI. Once you sign the delivery slip and drive out, you are really helpless.

Quote:

Black anyday if you can maintain it.

Dont go on the color by looking at pictures. PLease visit the yard / A.S.S and see the color in person. There is a heaven-and-hell difference between photos and reality.

The only advantage of black interiors is that dirt stains would not be visible and its comparitively easier to maintain than beige.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 8th August 2012 at 23:50.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2012, 00:13   #3021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
I thought, you already own one. Anyways, about the colour choice, the dark colours are all fantastic. I am not a big fan of the green shade (although it can look fantastic with some military fatigues stickering).
I would have picked up black, but couldn't digest the beige interiors (impractical in Indian conditions IMO). Already have a silver vehicle for last 8 years so that one was out.

The purple is fantastic, looks deep brown in certain light conditions and angles. Was my second choice after Red. Have a look at Grey as well. It looks nice. XUV looks the most sophisticated (European, if you will) in Grey.

The dark colours differentiate the owners from the politico class, if that is important for you. It was for me.
No I don't own one yet.. was undecided and confused between sedans and SUV and was also gathering as much info on XUV as possible till now. btw read your thread and love the Red XUV too! but I am not too sure as it doesn't look too imposing as that is also an important aspect of owning an SUV

Don't mind Politico look with lighter shade though silver doesn't look that. only white have that image I think.

Purple, I am not yet sure about it. its dark alright. have seen a couple of times and liked it once and hated it once (as it was with all the chrome fitting. looks cheap IMO) but have heard only good about this shade from all.

Same goes with Green. you hardly see these shades of XUV. Green though, its a bit dark, thought had this Land Rover Green look. those look great in green so.. and have this facination about Land Rover/Range Rover!

when first saw Grey in the showroom once when had gone to have a TD, loved it and had made up my mind. but then saw a few pics and it looked bad when a bit dirty! might not age well.. not sure though. will have to re-think on this one..

for Black, I have the same reason as your, Interiors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Black anyday if you can maintain it.

Dont go on the color by looking at pictures. PLease visit the yard / A.S.S and see the color in person. There is a heaven-and-hell difference between photos and reality.

The only advantage of black interiors is that dirt stains would not be visible and its comparitvely easier to maintain than beige.
Black is good but again I think the darker interior is better which is sadly not an option on Black.

have seen Silver many times and I think it looks Good in Silver.

Also family thinks, lighter shades are more safer on night drives. so lets see. and ya will definitely ask the dealer to have a closer look at all the shades at the yard or A.S.S and check out all the colours in person.
Old 9th August 2012, 01:07   #3022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
for Black, I have the same reason as your, Interiors!

Black is good but again I think the darker interior is better which is sadly not an option on Black.

have seen Silver many times and I think it looks Good in Silver.

Also family thinks, lighter shades are more safer on night drives. so lets see. and ya will definitely ask the dealer to have a closer look at all the shades at the yard or A.S.S and check out all the colours in person.
Let me share one more aspect. In the long Run, Colors Black, Red and Purple will bring out a "shine" / "wet look" better when you do a "cutting and rubbing polish treatment" after say 2 years. The shine will be prominent in these shades than Silver.
Old 9th August 2012, 02:23   #3023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Let me share one more aspect. In the long Run, Colors Black, Red and Purple will bring out a "shine" / "wet look" better when you do a "cutting and rubbing polish treatment" after say 2 years. The shine will be prominent in these shades than Silver.
yeah.. true. also Grey. since its also dark so.. Now I am thinking about Grey as well as silver is a bit common. Grey is a new shade and not found much on any other car.. specially SUV. kinda reminds me of old mercs. thay had a similar Grey shade.
magikrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2012, 10:52   #3024
BHPian

For all the current owners, have you checked whats inside the leather jacket of the gear stick. I simply opened it in one of my colleagues vehicle for particularly no reason. And was amazed to see a pair of white plastic thin rods running along the gear stick and connected to springs. Understand this is the mechanism to engage reverse. So if these plastic sticks snaps, then the possibility of reversing the vehicle is nil.

Was thinking why Mahindra couldnt use metal rods instead of plastic ones for this mechanism, considering its very high importance. I dont think the cost would have increased dramatically.

Also planning to change the alloys of my W8. I know the tyre tronics would go for a toss, but then I can always live without it. Would changing the alloys affect any other features like the ESP or ABS etc.

FundaG
Old 9th August 2012, 11:42   #3025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also planning to change the alloys of my W8. I know the tyre tronics would go for a toss, but then I can always live without it. Would changing the alloys affect any other features like the ESP or ABS etc.

FundaG
You can transplant the sensors into the new alloys if you want. Was possible in the Scorpio.
Old 9th August 2012, 11:52   #3026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Here are my learnings. Try and see if it helps.

1. Insist on a PDI. Be polite, but firm.

2. Don't use the word PDI. You say "I just want to see the car which is allotted to me". I got questions like "what will you do with it, sir"? I said "nothing, just wanted to see. I'm all excited". Once I got the keys of my car, I just popped out the Team-BHP XUV PDI check list and took many photos as well.

3. You'll have to repeat your request to multiple people. First the sales executive, then his supervisor, the supervisor of the yard etc etc. Be cool.

If none of these works, may be you can tell them that you'll do the registration on your own. (Disclaimer: I didn't have to try this.)

Until the car is regd in your name, you can always reject/swap it.
tachobells is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2012, 12:20   #3027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post

Until the car is regd in your name, you can always reject/swap it.
Do you mean temporary registration or actual. Cos I have asked TVS to be ready with the temporary registraton when I am there for delivery.

FundaG
Old 9th August 2012, 12:35   #3028
BHPian

Quote:
Do you mean temporary registration or actual. Cos I have asked TVS to be ready with the temporary registraton when I am there for delivery.

FundaG
I meant the permanent registration. There is a thread on how to do it -> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...bangalore.html
Old 9th August 2012, 12:48   #3029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
You can transplant the sensors into the new alloys if you want. Was possible in the Scorpio.
I had seen a W8 with a some different Alloys once. though there is not much option for alloys for XUV i think and kinda looked a bit weird first. had to check the W8 badging to confirm it was a W8 and not W6! so maybe TPMS is possible. but i think the ones provided by Mahindra looks good enough. not bad at all. better than the option they have for W6 at least.
Old 9th August 2012, 12:55   #3030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
Friends,
Just started a separate thread for pictures of our darling XUVs (similar to some other threads of different vehicles).
Suggested by SDP to start one & thanks to him for advice:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2866295
Can't open the link yet!

Quote:
I had seen a W8 with a some different Alloys once. though there is not much option for alloys for XUV i think and kinda looked a bit weird first. had to check the W8 badging to confirm it was a W8 and not W6! so maybe TPMS is possible. but i think the ones provided by Mahindra looks good enough. not bad at all. better than the option they have for W6 at least.

Mods please merge this with my last post as quoted a wrong post by mistake earlier.

Last edited by magikrider : 9th August 2012 at 12:57.

Most Viewed