Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2012, 22:37   #3766
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post

Actually it is 10% or so less than the IDV. They directly start off with the depreciation. Anytime in the year if they need to fully settle the car cost thats what they will pay out and not the price of the new car.

Thanks. The ex-showroom price is 13.4L. So the IDV should be around 12.1L.
Old 25th November 2012, 14:00   #3767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_blore View Post
Thanks. The ex-showroom price is 13.4L. So the IDV should be around 12.1L.
For future reference, what the dealers offer for approx 52K (W8-FWD) is just comprehensive cover and not bumper to bumper (b2b).

I checked with HDFC again, they said they can give IDV of 12.73L with a comprehensive coverage premium of 28.5K and a b2b cover premium of 37K.

Just looking at the comprehensive cover numbers there is a saving of about 45%.
I spoke to the dealer and all he said was "bring me any quote and I will match it along with the cover".

So anyone buying a new car, please get a quote from any external insurance provider and forward it to your dealer. You will end up saving some money and you could use this for accessories

Edit: Forgot to add that there is a 5% discount if the insured person is above 35 years of age on the day of taking the policy!

Last edited by ash_blore : 25th November 2012 at 14:02.
ash_blore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2012, 15:30   #3768
BHPian

Hi All. Took delivery of my Silver W8 ("Invictus") over the weekend - the entire experience from booking to delivery was very smooth and hassle-free.

Even without my requesting, the team took me through a detailed inspection of the exteriors, interiors, features demo as well as the internals (engine, batery etc.) - lasting about 45 minutes. After that, I had to check out only a few more additional things from the PDI checklist that I was carrying !

Though there were no freebies (not even a freshener or the customary Ganesh idol), the overall interaction was satisfactory and my sales guy rounded it off with a personal gift (a big painting) and the usual box of sweets.

Accessories wise, I went for the following (totaling around 10K) -
1. Contoured Body Guards (chrome strips)
2. Metallic scuff plates
3. Window Rain visors
4. Rubber mats
5. Car cover

I have only driven around 40 kms till now and I am off to a week long abroad trip tonight. While I am already truly, madly, deeply in love with my Invictus, the key features I see as positives till now - turning/cornering lights are very effective, the infotainment system is very high on features, looks and usability, the overall spacious interiors, frugal turning radius, the sedan like driver seating/drive-ability and the relatively much lower engine noise (than my existing first batch Fabia). The infotainment display was also very sharp and impressive (though I have no current benchmarks to measure it against). The Bluetooth pairing and usage with my Sony Ericsson Xperia and wife's Blackberry was quick and perfect.

On the flip side, the protrusion of the steering column that rubs against your left leg while turning sharp, is a real irritant. Also, the fact that the music controls on the steering are very limited (selecting source, skipping tracks, folder etc. seem to be missing?). Compared to my Fabia, the doors also somewhat miss the tank-like thud on closing. There is also a small squeaking noise from the dashboard plastic (right in front of the driver/steering), very audible at slow speeds (will wait till the first service - maybe it will even disappear on its own!)

Will follow up with pics and other experiences in this thread (or in a dedicated thread, if it gets more elaborate) to share.
rakesh_raja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2012, 11:32   #3769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_raja View Post
Hi All. Took delivery of my Silver W8 ("Invictus") over the weekend - the entire experience from booking to delivery was very smooth and hassle-free.

Will follow up with pics and other experiences in this thread (or in a dedicated thread, if it gets more elaborate) to share.
Congrats Rakesh on getting the Invictus! Am surprised that they didn't give you the Ganesha idol as well. Which dealer was this from and which city?

On the niggles please update the existing thread on XUV niggles. It hasn't seen any new major issues of late and this probably means that most of them have been ironed out. The squeaking and the other sounds should go away after the first service.
ash_blore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2012, 12:59   #3770
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

On the flip side, the protrusion of the steering column that rubs against your left leg while turning sharp, is a real irritant.
Congratulation on the ownership.

The steering column protrusion and rubbing on the leg was a major irritant when I took the test drive. Though it is not a deal breaker but M&M should take care of this urgently since I am not sure what role this would play in an emergency situation when unforseen things happen in matter of seconds.
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2012, 19:55   #3771
BHPian

Quote:
Loving the name you have chosen bro!
reevester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 13:21   #3772
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Though there were no freebies (not even a freshener or the customary Ganesh idol), the overall interaction was satisfactory and my sales guy rounded it off with a personal gift (a big painting) and the usual box of sweets.
Heartiest congratulations!

Whats the colour of Invictus?

There wont be any freebies with a car selling like hot cakes and 4-5 months waiting period. Dont even dream of any discount in the near future. New buyers should keep fingers crossed against increase in price.
TaureanBull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2012, 16:06   #3773
BHPian

Sorry if this is OT, but watching this made me realize the actual reason for the brand image tied to the Cheetah. The contours are quite evident.

Old 30th November 2012, 22:05   #3774
BHPian

Today took the vehicle for 1st service. RM told me that M&M has altered the service schedule. Official confirmation would be coming soon. Now 3 months criteria has been removed. So you can service the vehicle at these intervals ( 5000, 10000, 20000 ..), without bothering about the time deadline.

Looks like somebody is definitely listening to our issues.

Way to go Mahindra.

Also got the extended warranty which is 3 Yrs. & Unlimited Kms.

Last edited by Vasuki : 30th November 2012 at 22:06.
Vasuki is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th November 2012, 22:13   #3775
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki
Today took the vehicle for 1st service. RM told me that M&M has altered the service schedule. Official confirmation would be coming soon. Now 3 months criteria has been removed. So you can service the vehicle at these intervals ( 5000, 10000, 20000 ..), without bothering about the time deadline.

Way to go Mahindra....
Believe @nitinralli had posted this concern on Mahindra XUV500 FB page. Guess another win for t-bhp? :-)
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2012, 22:44   #3776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Believe @nitinralli had posted this concern on Mahindra XUV500 FB page. Guess another win for t-bhp? :-)
It sure looks like a win for us Good to know that my initiative worked. Now what next
nitinralli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2012, 22:49   #3777
BHPian

Quote:

Way to go Mahindra.

I too can confirm this, got email confirmation from the very top in Mahindra.
anandtheleo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2012, 08:22   #3778
BHPian

Quote:

Way to go Mahindra.

It's good news. But I believe this is due to the capacity issues at their service centers rather than listening to customer.
I tried to book third service yesterday and a slot they could arrange was after 2 weeks.
tachobells is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2012, 08:43   #3779
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachobells View Post
It's good news. But I believe this is due to the capacity issues at their service centers rather than listening to customer.
I tried to book third service yesterday and a slot they could arrange was after 2 weeks.
+1. I was just going to say that. May be they are creating space for the Rexton at the service centers.

Anyways, no point being skeptical. Finally the action is good for all owners, why care about the intention.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2012, 08:54   #3780
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP

+1. I was just going to say that. May be they are creating space for the Rexton at the service
Rexton hasn't received a warm response from the market. However, overall Mahindra sales is going higher than ever before. Has been noticing friends complaining about jam packed service centres.

Anyways, yet another good initiative from Mahindra.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks