Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2013, 17:42   #4396
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
I am planning to buy XUV5OO W8 by July 2013. Till Now I am very much leaned towards AWD.
But having a dilemma between 2WD and AWD.
what are the merits and demerits between the both 2WD and AWD?

1. FE - Definitley AWD consumes more than 2WD as it weights more.
what will be differnce in FE?
2. Price - On Road @ Chennai - 2WD - 1661204 : AWD - 1793883
difference of 1.32 Lakhs, will it be worthy?
3. Driving/Riding - Heard that AWD has edge on it as it shares torque
on demand to all wheels which holds the road more than 2WD
and minimize Torque,Over,Under Steer and more Off road capabilities.

I have already in touch with Zuleikha Motors, Chennai with one of the Known Sales Guy Sheik Mohammad. Till last month, There's no offers in place. Any further info will be much appreciated.

Hoping to be the owner of XUV 5OO soon
Personally I have not come across any reviews of AWD version of the vehicle and that too off-roading experience for it !
kartik.virmani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2013, 16:23   #4397
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
....but I just noticed that the tripmeters now have a much needed extra digit to take them up to 9999.9, this must have been incorporated in the last visit to the workshop. ...
AGwagon, can you please post a picture? My RM says that no such change has been done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
I find the 999.9 KM limitation on my trip meters very annoying as I use my XUV mainly for long drives. Was the extra digit added through a software update? I must speak to my RM to confirm whether this can be done in my W6.
Debuda, did you get a chance to verify the trip-meter news/rumour with your RM?
Old 1st June 2013, 20:56   #4398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
AGwagon, can you please post a picture? My RM says that no such change has been done.

During my last visit (about a month ago) to the A.S.S. I did check with them regarding the additional digit on the trip meter. They were unaware of it and so nothing could be done.

During my just concluded Ladakh trip (6,576 km, Jamshedpur to Jamshedpur) I once again felt handicapped by the measly 1000 km capacity of both trip meters.
debuda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2013, 20:58   #4399
BHPian

What is the latest version of the software that Mahindra has provided for XUV? I just got an upgrade and noticed a "?" Which takes me to a bunch of videos.
Old 1st June 2013, 23:31   #4400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhileshgrover View Post
What is the latest version of the software that Mahindra has provided for XUV? I just got an upgrade and noticed a "?" Which takes me to a bunch of videos.
The "?" addition was part of the update that came out a couple of months back. There has been some posts about another update. Not sure if anyone has got this though.

FundaG
Old 2nd June 2013, 11:07   #4401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
There has been some posts about another update. Not sure if anyone has got this though.

FundaG
Hoping to have something this week. Will keep you guys posted. They're talking about an update to MMI Version 8.0. Let's see.
Old 2nd June 2013, 12:23   #4402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
During my last visit (about a month ago) to the A.S.S. I did check with them regarding the additional digit on the trip meter. They were unaware of it and so nothing could be done.

During my just concluded Ladakh trip (6,576 km, Jamshedpur to Jamshedpur) I once again felt handicapped by the measly 1000 km capacity of both trip meters.
I checked on this with my RM at Bangalore last week, he denied of any such possibilities. Told him that its not my priority but would love to have it if its available.

Debuda, do you have a trip meter on your MMI (assuming you own W8 AWD)? I have two of them on my Garmin that I used during my long trip with more than 5-6 digits. I have it ON all the time since I bought it in last October and serves better, the integrated driving recorder always has the driving records of past few 100s kms and I can take my GPS off the mount, plan my trips at ease offline and put it back on when ready, so except the security features, I don't miss much on my W6

Fuel Tank Capacity!!:: Last two refills of mine were 71.6 and 74.4ltrs. I usually do full tank to full tank at same fuel station, IOC COCO, Koramangala. While I trust IOC COCO more than others, can someone tell me if they have observed more than 70ltrs fuel in the vehicle when its close to empty state?
Old 2nd June 2013, 13:39   #4403
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Fuel Tank Capacity!!:: Last two refills of mine were 71.6 and 74.4ltrs. I usually do full tank to full tank at same fuel station, IOC COCO, Koramangala. While I trust IOC COCO more than others, can someone tell me if they have observed more than 70ltrs fuel in the vehicle when its close to empty state?
Yes, its quite normal for vehicles to take in 4-5 litres more than the specified capacity. I have myself filled in 70+ litres a couple of times.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2013, 14:24   #4404
BHPian

Quote:

Yes, its quite normal for vehicles to take in 4-5 litres more than the specified capacity. I have myself filled in 70+ litres a couple of times.
Me too - the first time I tanked up it was 72 litres.
Old 2nd June 2013, 14:36   #4405
BHPian

Got my new W8 opulent purple delivered last week, enjoying the drive so far. A small question, why does the brake pedal vibrate when the rear tyre spins a bit in mud or in slippery conditions? Is it a problem or something related to the ESP?
Old 2nd June 2013, 16:24   #4406
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
I have already in touch with Zuleikha Motors, Chennai with one of the Known Sales Guy Sheik Mohammad. Till last month, There's no offers in place. Any further info will be much appreciated.

Hoping to be the owner of XUV 5OO soon
Upto Rs6K corporate discount + 20k exchange bonus if you sell ur old car to Mahindra First choice. Probably you can squeeze in a bit more if you give them a booking amount.
Old 2nd June 2013, 16:59   #4407
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocRock View Post
Got my new W8 opulent purple delivered last week, enjoying the drive so far. A small question, why does the brake pedal vibrate when the rear tyre spins a bit in mud or in slippery conditions? Is it a problem or something related to the ESP?
boss its ABS @ work.Nothing to be worried.Dont leave the pedal in those conditions..
Old 2nd June 2013, 17:39   #4408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocRock View Post
If this happens while braking, then:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post

boss its ABS @ work.Nothing to be worried.Dont leave the pedal in those conditions..
If during acceleration or cornering, it could be Traction/ESP? Experts please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 2nd June 2013, 18:17   #4409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Debuda, do you have a trip meter on your MMI (assuming you own W8 AWD)? I have two of them on my Garmin that I used during my long trip with more than 5-6 digits. I have it ON all the time since I bought it in last October and serves better, the integrated driving recorder always has the driving records of past few 100s kms and I can take my GPS off the mount, plan my trips at ease offline and put it back on when ready, so except the security features, I don't miss much on my W6

1. I have a W6. I use a Garmin 50LM -- it does not have trip meters. Incidentally, I have noticed that the distances logged by my Garmin are not accurate.
  2. I too have filled 74+ litres of fuel when the DTE was showing almost zero. When this happened for the first time, I suspected the petrol pump. But now I believe that the fuel tank capacity is around 76 litres (it is reasonable to assume that when DTE shows zero, a couple of litres of diesel are still remaining).
debuda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2013, 11:02   #4410
BHPian

Quote:

here you go guys, the pics I hope this is helpful!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20130603_095954.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20130603_100012.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20130603_100019.jpg  

AGwagon is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks