Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Another one:

Dear Purple Club Member,
When an event has already captured the imagination of adventure seekers
in the country, you know you can’t miss its next edition. And Purple Club is
giving you the opportunity to be a part of Mahindra Adventure’s Monastery
Escape. The 10-day expedition promises excitement and adventure as
you maneuver the snaky roads from Delhi to Srinagar via Leh.
Don’t miss out! Register today for the Monastery Escape.
Limited Seats Book now
Dates: 24th July – 3rd August 2013
Route: Delhi – Leh – Srinagar
For further enquiries, contact:
Veissali Kapoor +91 9910517474
Nitin Yadhav +91 9911402692
Team Purple Club
That's M&M at their copy-cat best ! TML had this trip in 2012, even the route is the same !

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit_relan View Post
This is indeed true that Mahindra is launching two more models. Just spoke to one of their RMs and he mentioned about W4 and the automatic version in 2014. I have been waiting for AT.
M&M at their copy-cat best yet again ! The ARIA Pure LX logic used here i guess ? Which goes on to show that the XUV is losing steam after the initial onslaught owing to a gap in the then avl product range. The Duster has beaten it flat and with the Eco Sport coming in (the Quanto failed to even register itself), M&M must be a worried lot !

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
That is correct! In fact, if M&M are really really smart, they won't even change the plastic guard to metal and just convince the govt agency that they were using the incorrect method of calculation earlier and now they have calculated with the correct method.
M & M was always and will remain a street-smart company (like Reliance) and will do anything to make their product sell. They resorted to an imported BOSCH braking system when their designed variety had serious issues (can be life threatening - braking system after all), but NEVER announced a recall or made a public statement. In contrast, Ford did announce a recall immediately after the launch of the diesel variant of the Ecosport for the glow plug issue. Point is, despite the better informed customers of today, they choose to turn a blind eye as at least 80% customers never bother to even read the instruction manual before driving off - in a "I-know-all-that" air of confidence. This is extreme marketing playing with our minds - to create an aura of invincibility of the product by the OEM and their sales teams.

Fact is in one line - M & M has been cheating customers with their low down ethics and will continue to do so till customers like us exist.
Old 21st July 2013, 12:57   #4592
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post
M&M at their copy-cat best yet again ! The ARIA Pure LX logic used here i guess ?
That does not make sense. Any company offering a lower variant of their car is copying Tata Aria?

For your information, M&M had the W4 ready even before it launched the XUV. Our car manual already mentions a base model below W6 with stripped down features. So the W4 was always on the cards, but I guess M&M just did not launch it because of the over whelming response of the W6 and W8.

Quote:
Which goes on to show that the XUV is losing steam after the initial onslaught owing to a gap in the then avl product range. The Duster has beaten it flat and with the Eco Sport coming in (the Quanto failed to even register itself), M&M must be a worried lot !
Comparing XUV to the Ecosport and Duster is again strange. They belong to different price segments. Heck, there is a 6 Lac price difference between their current base models. So it is but obvious that the ES will sell more than the XUV. The same to a lesser extent applies to the Duster as well.

Quote:
M & M was always and will remain a street-smart company (like Reliance) and will do anything to make their product sell. They resorted to an imported BOSCH braking system when their designed variety had serious issues (can be life threatening - braking system after all), but NEVER announced a recall or made a public statement.
XUV never had large scale brake failure issues which demanded a recall. The niggle was with brake grinding noise, which is not really life threatening! Even though, I do agree that a recall would have been great.

Quote:
Fact is in one line - M & M has been cheating customers with their low down ethics and will continue to do so till customers like us exist.
I am sure you must have had a pretty bad experience with M&M, for you to say this.
raj_5004 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st July 2013, 14:39   #4593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
If i am not wrong, XUV always had 160/170 mm GC thanks to front plastic guard. It's just that M&M was using Euro system to calculate 200mm clearance. Now with the new ones coming with metal guard, will just replace plastic ones resulting in even lower GC. Only good thing i see here is that now it wont break in as easily as the plastic ones did.
So this means there is not going to be any difference in effective GC and only the plastic sump guard is replaced by a metal one? Does anyone have any comparison pics of both the versions?
Old 21st July 2013, 19:27   #4594
Senior - BHPian

^^^

I think you have a strong hatred towards M&M. I maybe wrong, but your posts reflect that. If that is the case, there is no point in this discussion as you would never consider M&M or its products objectively...

1) M&M is launching the W4 since the sales have dipped. Nobody is denying that and I dont see anything wrong in that.

2) When we compare cars, we do consider the price segments because there is one major factor which you are ignoring - affordability. If a person cannot afford the XUV, he will no doubt go for the ES. XUV wont be even considered. That does not make the cheaper vehicles better. Do note you are comparing the top end ES and the base XUV, still there is a substantial price difference.

3) Quanto and Vibe failed because it looked too bland and the pricing was not exactly great.
raj_5004 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st July 2013, 20:46   #4595
BHPian

New products, facelifts and variants jostling out the incumbent ones is good news for the consumer. As an XUV owner, I have felt the workshop become even more courteous with the competition catching up. Thanks Renault!!
mkumar79 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2013, 06:56   #4596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post

That's M&M at their copy-cat best ! TML had this trip in 2012, even the route is the same !
While your other misconceptions have been addressed by the fellow members, let me also clear the fog here a bit.
Please visit mahindraadventure.com they have been organising this event for last 3 years.
W.R.T route:- Its the main route to go to Leh, are you of an opinion that TML invented it and M&M copied that map and claimed as theirs??

Last edited by rohitbagai : 22nd July 2013 at 07:10.
rohitbagai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2013, 10:29   #4597
Senior - BHPian

@lifebuoy, there's no point continuing the discussion as you are not really a balanced critic of XUV and MM. But I'd like to which one your next car will be; of course, presuming that you are currently a disgruntled owner of a MM product.

@raj_5004, totally agree with the affordability factor that you discussed. Go through this thread and the the other major thread of XUV (Manson's official review) and one will see numerous posts comparing this "Unselfish Giant" with cars starting from the humble Alto to some SUVs which probably only Anand Mahindra can own. I don't want to flame anyone - and I've also compared my XUV with my Punto -, but there are posts that compare the XUV's upholstery to that of certain German SUVs; and posts that compare the XUV with the TFort are countless. The OTR pricing is very conveniently forgotten.

People are queuing up for the RD/ES just because these cars are very VFM and affordable for the year 2013 Indian UMC (upper middle class). If the XUV W8 is made available for the same price band I'd suffer a heart attack, but that will also kill the RD/ES. If the X5/Q7/XC90 etc. are made available for the pricing of the TFort the only thing you'd see in a Toyota showroom is cobwebs.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 22nd July 2013 at 10:45.
sandeepmdas is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2013, 11:35   #4598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceman82 View Post
If i had the money (or rather did not have home loan which could be pre-closed with the difference in amount thus saving an equal amount in interest) it would have been the XUV500 eyes closed but Echosport is an even better VFM proposition. End of the the day only VFM matters for Indian car buying public.
Good analysis. Comparing Renault Duster and Ford EcoSport with XUV500 is injustice to latter. In my opinion, there is no point in comparing XUV with those Duster and EcoSport.
Those who are not going to use rear row of XUV500 and with budget constraints, the Renault Duster and EcoSport are the obvious choice. Also these products are emerging as good alternative for many sedans.
Old 22nd July 2013, 12:03   #4599
BHPian

All said & done, the XUV did change the nature of the game. Even with so many niggles, issues, M&M has managed to make the competition sit up and take notice of the changed rules of the game. The VFM preposition which was considered one of the less important aspects of the SUV buying process, has surely been given a big big boost with the XUV catching the fancy of the customers who never expected such a long least of features in such a price band. IMHO these features would be given a serious consideration by all the competitors when they launch any SUV in India. M&M has learnt their lessons too with a marked change in the ASS aspects for the XUV category. So I guess, they sure can claim this particular work as an Original without copying anybody. I believe the competition would like very much to be able to copy such a act in their account .
Old 22nd July 2013, 12:24   #4600
BHPian

@Aceman82: Ponit made brilliantly clear. Yes, for many, XUV500 may look a bit over sized for daily city use and Duster or Ecosport might look better placed. Above all the budget constraint is there.

For those looking to own two vehiles, say one for daily use and the other one for Holiday and week end plans, XUV will be the best option. I would also love to be a "Be Indian and Buy Indian" when a very good Indian Option prevails. That way XUV500 weighs more to me.
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2013, 13:06   #4601
BHPian

Hi Fellow Bhpian's,

I just got a new XUV W8 which got delivered last Sunday. The car has been a breeze to drive and I am mighty impressed with the overall feel of the car.

Due to incessant rains in Delhi leading to flooding and water-logging, I was forced to wade through 4 feet of standing water. Ahead of me a couple of Fortuners went through with no problems but quite a few sedans (who dared to try in the first place) could not make it to the other side and stalled midway.

I started rolling slowly but surely in 1st gear with my foot firmly on the throttle to maintain momentum and kept the revs between 2500-3500 RPM throughout and made it to the other side without any problems. No water entered the cabin but there was quite a bit of debris (floating leaves, twigs etc.) stuck to the radiator grill which I removed when I reached home. Upon inspection of the engine bay, everything seemed in order and the car is also running perfectly ok with no alarms or warnings.

Coming to my question, is there any preventative maintenance action required after wading through water like lubrication/greasing of shafts, bearings etc. or is the car good to go?

Would appreciate everyone's inputs.

Thanks & Cheerz
Sisu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2013, 13:56   #4602
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisu View Post
Hi Fellow Bhpian's,

I just got a new XUV W8 which got delivered last Sunday. The car has been a breeze to drive and I am mighty impressed with the overall feel of the car.

Due to incessant rains in Delhi leading to flooding and water-logging, I was forced to wade through 4 feet of standing water. Ahead of me a couple of Fortuners went through with no problems but quite a few sedans (who dared to try in the first place) could not make it to the other side and stalled midway.

.... Upon inspection of the engine bay, everything seemed in order and the car is also running perfectly ok with no alarms or warnings.

Good that you could cross without any issues!
On a significantly lighter note, a stock vehicle which is about 5 feet 10 inches tall, wading through 4 feet of water without any water sipping in the cabin, seems far-fetched.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2013, 14:13   #4603
BHPian

Quote:
That is correct! In fact, if M&M are really really smart, they won't even change the plastic guard to metal and just convince the govt agency that they were using the incorrect method of calculation earlier and now they have calculated with the correct method.
Quote:
Good that you could cross without any issues!
On a significantly lighter note, a stock vehicle which is about 5 feet 10 inches tall, wading through 4 feet of water without any water sipping in the cabin, seems far-fetched.
Hehehehe!!!

I knew this was coming. I tried to edit the post after posting revising the water level to 3 feet but could not do so as 30 mins had passed since I posted. Exaggerated the achievement of my beloved XUV in boyish enthusiasm.

Good catch there (Eagle Eyed SDP). BTW off topic, your XUV thread was a great motivator for me to finalize the XUV.

Cheerz
Sisu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2013, 14:34   #4604
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisu View Post
Hehehehe!!!

...Exaggerated the achievement of my beloved XUV in boyish enthusiasm.
No problems Sisu! Just pointed it out so that some other owners don't get inspired by your experience and try to cross a raging river!

Quote:
BTW off topic, your XUV thread was a great motivator for me to finalize the XUV.
Thanks buddy!

Congratulations for the new XUV! Which color?
Any plans of starting a ownership thread and sharing a few pics and experiences?
Old 22nd July 2013, 15:39   #4605
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations for the new XUV! Which color?
Any plans of starting a ownership thread and sharing a few pics and experiences?
I got the Dolphin Grey colour. Looks very elegant IMO.

As regards the ownership thread, I don't have the finesse of writing at all. Me writing would be like asking a Drunk to fly an Airbus with his head on fire!!!

So to summarize, if I end up putting together an ownership log, the end results would be disastrous.

I do have some pictures of the car during PDI and just after delivery. Adding them here!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-1053078_10151740138606885_1844987020_o.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-1064386_10151740139736885_1171882578_o.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img2013062900772-1.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img2013062900773-1.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img2013062900774-1.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img2013062900775-1.jpg  

Sisu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks