Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2013, 09:24   #4651
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Dear All, as promised please find attached the pics of the LHD test mule from Leh! This one as per the driver is being done for the European markets.
Did you check if this was an automatic? I wonder if the MT can do well in the Europian market.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 13:31   #4652
Distinguished - BHPian

M&M has added a new colour to the XUV 5OO’s range , the Arctic Blue. The colour is yet to appear in brochures at the dealerships .
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-1375209621efgh.jpg

The Arctic Blue exterior gets a black and plum combination interior (the same on the Moondust Silver XUV 5OO). Interiors and prices of the vehicle remain the same.

http://carsizzler.com/news-detail/00...tic-Blue-.html
Old 31st July 2013, 13:57   #4653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
M&M has added a new colour to the XUV 5OO’s range , the Arctic Blue. The colour is yet to appear in brochures at the dealerships .

The Arctic Blue exterior gets a black and plum combination interior (the same on the Moondust Silver XUV 5OO). Interiors and prices of the vehicle remain the same.

http://carsizzler.com/news-detail/00...tic-Blue-.html
Its been 2 months now that the blue color is introduced. They have stopped the green color and inturn introduced this one.
vinit_relan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 15:11   #4654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The Arctic Blue is introduced in March this year. The vehicles were available in showrooms from mid March onwards. The Arctic Blue is having Black interiors simlar to Silver, Red, Grey & Purple.

Last edited by yogibear007 : 31st July 2013 at 15:15.
yogibear007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 18:49   #4655
BHPian

IMPACT OF ABSENCE

Have not seen anything on this from anyone, so thought I would share my experience of leaving my XUV mothballed for 5 weeks. Did not disconnect the batteries or over inflate the tyres. Left it in my stilt parking with a body cover on. Came back today and found the car exactly as I had left. Started on the first crank. Took it for a 10 km spin and found all systems working fine, exactly as I had left it.

In three tyres, air pressure was down by 2-3 psi. Despite a dozen naphthalene moth balls strewn throughout the car, there was some fungus growth on the steering and the gear knob, and some on the glove box door. I suspect that the quality of naphthalene balls were not good.

Overall, this was also my expectation since a 5 week duration is not too long. Appreciate if anyone who has left his XUV for longer periods can share their experience.

Last edited by Heavy Horse : 31st July 2013 at 18:53.
Old 31st July 2013, 21:34   #4656
BHPian

Noticed something with regards to AC temp control today. Not sure if this was discussed earlier.

When I increased the temperature to 25 deg plus the fan flow direction indication on the screen automatically changes from face mode to face - floor mode to floor mode. Initially I thought this was a new niggle. But when I decreased the temp back to less than 25 deg the fan flow direction returned back to face mode. So it seems to be the way this system works.

Not sure why the fan flow mode should change with increase in temp. In really cold conditions if I wanted some hot air on my hands or face, will I have to place them on the floor.
I remember driving abroad in chilly conditions with the AC turned all the way to to red and enjoying the hot air on my face and hands.

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 21:51   #4657
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post
Left it in my stilt parking with a body cover on. Came back today and found the car exactly as I had left. Started on the first crank. Took it for a 10 km spin and found all systems working fine, exactly as I had left it.
Slightly OT but this is what makes Mahindras amazing.

Hariya, who is now 90k kms and 6 years old, starts at the first crank even after 3 weeks of slumber and has not faults in him, at all.
On the contrary, I know friends who own Safaris and cars of other brands.
A week of hibernation and the engine doesn't fire up smoothly, idling is erratic and the vehicle has one issue or the other.

Great to know that the XUV carries forward the same trait. I only wish it had a 4WD option instead of the AWD.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2013, 21:53   #4658
SDP
Team-BHP Support

^^
Fundagenie, I believe that belongs to the niggles thread.
I have not observed any such behaviour yet and does not seem logical. But since you mentioned it, let me try it out soon.
Old 31st July 2013, 22:47   #4659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
^^
I have not observed any such behaviour yet and does not seem logical. But since you mentioned it, let me try it out soon.
Instead of a niggle, this may well turn out to be a thoughtful feature on the part of Mahindra to protect occupant's sensitive skins in a hot weather like India.
But jokes apart, I had also observed this earlier in my vehicle but never knew it always changes like that. Just saw the changes on the screen while the temperature change I made and let it go thinking it's the usual behavior. Will try that out at my end too. Never a dull day .
Old 31st July 2013, 23:20   #4660
BHPian

Same feature of blower direction change happens in my W6 too, i think i read about this in the manual somewhere. You can manually override this though.
Old 31st July 2013, 23:23   #4661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Did you check if this was an automatic? I wonder if the MT can do well in the Europian market.

Guna that was the first thing I checked, no unfortunately the same old manual. I think they might try the eastern european markets.
Old 31st July 2013, 23:42   #4662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
^^
I don't own the XUV5OO. But this is not a niggle for sure. It is how it works usually with AC in AUTO mode. The air flow is thru the face only vents when you set the temperature towards colder settings and airflow gets split towards all vents while when you select warmer temperature.
Nitrous Power is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 01:22   #4663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Power View Post
I don't own the XUV5OO. But this is not a niggle for sure. It is how it works usually with AC in AUTO mode. The air flow is thru the face only vents when you set the temperature towards colder settings and airflow gets split towards all vents while when you select warmer temperature.
I think this feature may have been in place due to the cold air/ hot air physical movement laws. The cold air will naturally settle down as it is heavy and the hot air will automatically rise due to lightness. Releasing the cold air at the top and the hot air at the bottom is a sure way of keeping the air flow naturally optimum. Looks like it's not a niggle but a established design principle. Was so hoping this was another star detailing from M&M.
Old 1st August 2013, 07:14   #4664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Power View Post

This happens even when the AC is not in AUTO mode. Any reasons why this happens in manual mode too.
Old 1st August 2013, 08:34   #4665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post
IMPACT OF ABSENCE

Despite a dozen naphthalene moth balls strewn throughout the car, there was some fungus growth on the steering and the gear knob, and some on the glove box door. I suspect that the quality of naphthalene balls were not good.

Overall, this was also my expectation since a 5 week duration is not too long. Appreciate if anyone who has left his XUV for longer periods can share their experience.
Good to know that your vehicle performed well immediately after 5 weeks of sleep.

I am under impression that naphthalene is a fumigant which repels moths. Since you are (i assume from your location) in a high humid place, during rainy season, lot of moisture got trapped inside your vehicle and thus the fungus formation. What you need is moisture absorber like calcium chloride crystals to keep your car interior dry during non usage.
ambadan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks