Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2013, 22:27   #4711
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Hey!

Anyone know what is the price of a set of mudguards? I need to replace my rear ones as both have been hit by bikers and the clip has broken off.

Last edited by bblost : 12th August 2013 at 22:45. Reason: Foul language is not allowed. Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 23:02   #4712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
The more I hear about XUV500 problems...
The XUV has just too many bells n whistles and to make the matters worse many of these are "object-oriented"; i.e the behavior of many a bell is affected by the others. An example is the power folding ORVMs: if you frequently open/close them and if the engine is not running they will not open after 4 (?) or so attempts.

Many XUV owners are not aware or not bother about these <if> conditions and what you will see is a complaint. Sure, the XUV has niggles and some of them are indeed lemons. But I must say this, many of the niggles can be seen or noticed by the TBHPians only. That's why we are here..

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 12th August 2013 at 23:05.
sandeepmdas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 23:28   #4713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
An example is the power folding ORVMs: if you frequently open/close them and if the engine is not running they will not open after 4 (?) or so attempts.

Many XUV owners are not aware or not bother about these <if> conditions and what you will see is a complaint. Sure, the XUV has niggles and some of them are indeed lemons. But I must say this, many of the niggles can be seen or noticed by the TBHPians only. That's why we are here..
Absolutely right Sandeep. In fact the example of the ORVM that you cite is in the second edition of the manual (Nov 2012) page 128.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-orvm-limit.png  

Heavy Horse is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 12:17   #4714
BHPian

Happy 1st bday to my cheetah. Took it home exactly on this day a year back. Irrespective of the multiple niggles and service centre related issues that required time and attention, the love for this beast has only kept increasing.

Hoping for more relaxed and stable days ahead with my beast.

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 12:22   #4715
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
Happy 1st bday to my cheetah. Took it home exactly on this day a year back. Irrespective of the multiple niggles and service centre related issues that required time and attention, the love for this beast has only kept increasing.

FundaG
Congratulations! I know that feeling having completed first year with my XUV about 45 days back. The vehicle has stabilized and the frequency of visits to the service center has gone down significantly over last few months.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2013, 18:33   #4716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

FundaG
Congrats. Even i completed 1 year way back in Nov 12 so know the feeling. Now just waiting for 2 year anniversary (only 3 months left).
Old 13th August 2013, 23:31   #4717
BHPian

Quote:
Happy 1st bday to my cheetah.

FundaG
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Congratulations! I know that feeling having completed first year with my XUV about 45 days back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Congrats. Even i completed 1 year way back in Nov 12 so know the feeling.
Congratulations to all. One question : What's the IDV during renewal and the insurance premium? Also pls do quote your insurance provider.

My vehicles 1st B'day is 30 days down the lane.
Old 13th August 2013, 23:46   #4718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Congratulations to all. One question : What's the IDV during renewal and the insurance premium? Also pls do quote your insurance provider.

My vehicles 1st B'day is 30 days down the lane.
Tata Aig and second renewal costed me 25K ish. Dont remember IDV, guess it was around 10 lakh.

PS: Mine is W6 and from the introductory price.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 14:15   #4719
Senior - BHPian

I just did a quick search on carwale and found quite a few used XUV 500's on sale and not at a very high asking price compared to the Ecosport I've booked. Most cars are 2012 one's and some just 6 months old,asking price in the range of 12.5-13.5 lakhs. I'm very very tempted though it wont fit into my garage well.

What do the owners advise ?
Old 14th August 2013, 14:39   #4720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Many XUV owners are not aware or not bother about these <if> conditions and what you will see is a complaint.
Just recalled Nitinralli's recent comment supporting what you say. Apparently one guy complained on the forum that his static bending lights worked ONLY when his vehicle was taking a turn ! I'm sure that guy was a management consultant !!

Last edited by Heavy Horse : 14th August 2013 at 14:43.
Heavy Horse is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 14:41   #4721
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
I just did a quick search on carwale and found quite a few used XUV 500's on sale and not at a very high asking price compared to the Ecosport I've booked. Most cars are 2012 one's and some just 6 months old,asking price in the range of 12.5-13.5 lakhs. I'm very very tempted though it wont fit into my garage well.

What do the owners advise ?
You seem to be considering vehicles from 2 different segments, so not sure what are your requirements? Please elaborate.
Old 14th August 2013, 15:12   #4722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
You seem to be considering vehicles from 2 different segments, so not sure what are your requirements? Please elaborate.
Yes. The requirements are mainly city use,ratio is about 70:30 between city and highway. I recently sold my Polo so was looking for a replacement and Ecosport was like a de-facto choice,but looking at the prices of used XUV's i'm tempted to go up a segment.
Old 14th August 2013, 16:06   #4723
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes. The requirements are mainly city use,ratio is about 70:30 between city and highway. I recently sold my Polo so was looking for a replacement and Ecosport was like a de-facto choice,but looking at the prices of used XUV's i'm tempted to go up a segment.
XUV is an overall good vehicle which needs regular attention. Its not a "Fill it. Shut it. Forget it". Mine is more than a year old now. Its been to the service center multiple times for multiple small issues. Even today, its not 'perfect'. Having said that, I have not been stranded even once. A few faulty parts were replaced with better design parts. So I believe the reliability is better than what it was a year back.

Its a pleasure to drive on the highways and feels nice to drive it on a daily office commute as well. The size and the ride at low-speed needs some getting used to, but over a month or so of ownership, you learn to live with the beast.

Its like a baby. Adorable, but needs effort and attention. You would love him/her despite him/her creating a mini-mess once in a while!

Last edited by SDP : 14th August 2013 at 16:08.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 18:36   #4724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would say that if you considered buying Ecosport, then defiantly XUV is not your requirement, just go ahead and buy Ecosport top variant and enjoy.

Reason, as SDP said, they are 2 different vehicles catering to 2 different needs. People buying XUV for, seating atleast 5 people comfortably and occasionally extra 2 passengers. People buying Ecosport for, comfortable city drives with max 4 passengers with added ground clearance for Indian Monsoon roads.

So if you considered Eco, then XUV is not the vehicle for you.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 20:05   #4725
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post

I would say that if you considered buying Ecosport, then defiantly XUV is not your requirement, just go ahead and buy Ecosport top variant and enjoy.

Reason, as SDP said, they are 2 different vehicles catering to 2 different needs. People buying XUV for, seating atleast 5 people comfortably and occasionally extra 2 passengers. People buying Ecosport for, comfortable city drives with max 4 passengers with added ground clearance for Indian Monsoon roads.

So if you considered Eco, then XUV is not the vehicle for you.
I agree with you.
Even I considered Ecosport. However, seeing the rear bench, I moved away.
What I needed is a spacious five seater and Ecosport wasn't one.

XUV is on pipe line now.
Vitamin M deficiency. If things pan out as planned, I will book the car by beginning of next month. Fingers crossed

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks