Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2013, 21:21   #4726
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Congratulations to all. One question : What's the IDV during renewal and the insurance premium? Also pls do quote your insurance provider.

My vehicles 1st B'day is 30 days down the lane.
I got it for 26000+ from HDFC Ergo for my 1yr old W8.
IDV : 10 lacs.
Zero dep
Bumper to bmper
No NCB as I had a claim. Else would have got it for around 20k...

Got a few quotes via carwale or policy bazar. Also directly from the dealers. Finally went the person who had been getting me insurance for my previous cars. And he gave me the best quote of the lot.

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 21:53   #4727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
XUV is an overall good vehicle which needs regular attention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
I would say that if you considered buying Ecosport, then defiantly XUV is not your requirement, just go ahead and buy Ecosport top variant and enjoy.
Thank you both for the very honest advice on the car ownership. XUV seems like an ideal replacement for the sedan at home but may not be suitable as a hatch replacement. Will resort to waiting till the Eco arrives
Old 17th August 2013, 19:30   #4728
BHPian

Yesterday, I went to service centre for Map Updation & Trip meter updation.

As usual, even though went without appointment, they were courteous and really helpful. The updation took roughly 30 min.

The curious thing I noticed was that, while updating trip meter, there is an option to reset/rewrite the odometer reading, and the technician accidentally reduced my odometer reading from 17923 to 17920, by 3 Kms.

It is pretty easy. So now comes the question, if it is so easy to reset the odometer, then what safety is there getting an untampered vehicle in the second hand market?

And I can vouch this is not with respect to Mahindra alone.

After seen that, I will surely stay away from the used market, unless I know the seller personally.
Vasuki is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 07:19   #4729
BHPian

Quote:
It is pretty easy. So now comes the question, if it is so easy to reset the odometer, then what safety is there getting an untampered vehicle in the second hand market?

And I can vouch this is not with respect to Mahindra alone.

After seen that, I will surely stay away from the used market, unless I know the seller personally.
Even otherwise, it's not very difficult to reset the odo. From what I've heard, it doesn't cost a bomb either.
The real informed used car buyer will take the registration details and check with the servicenter- service history, accident history and of course, last service's odo reading.
With the XUV, only routine servicing may be possible at your Friendly Neighborhood Garages. Because of the highly electronic nature of the car, you'll HAVE to bring it to the ASC at some point or the other. And much as you might hate the ASCs, it's actually a good thing
kaiserketkar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 15:28   #4730
BHPian

Please help which Mahindra service centre is better for XUV service in Gurgaon? Sterling or GSP?
Old 18th August 2013, 22:17   #4731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Nomad View Post
See no car is perfect and is niggle free. Every car has it own pain points and fair share of niggles.
XUV for sure has its own share of niggles albeit if you like the car enough take the plunge and you will not regret

Key is to treat XUV like a girl friend or wife and it will love you back,

Yes somedays it will seek more attention then necessary like your girl friend or wife and will not always be rational

In the nutshell XUV is not for one night stand, it's a long term relationship wherein both partners are committed
Thanks for the response and sorry for the delayed reply. If the niggles are small such as a USB drive not being recognised or some small LCD Info display issue etc It wont worry me at all and I will get it done up at the next service. If stalls on road or warrants me to call for help from ASS it will be a problem for me. I need a vehicle that has a reliable Engine and transmission. That is all. I dont have the age or mind set to take care of it like a Girl friend (at my age!)
Old 19th August 2013, 07:43   #4732
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
Please help which Mahindra service centre is better for XUV service in Gurgaon? Sterling or GSP?
Sterling.
However the best that I have seen in the NCR is Koncept.
Let me know if you need anything at Sterling, I have a few people there.
Old 19th August 2013, 21:08   #4733
Senior - BHPian

Guys, did anyone of you ever had to leave his XUV un-used for at-least 9 days? If so, did you faced any issue when you re-started the engine?
Old 19th August 2013, 21:31   #4734
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Congratulations to all. One question : What's the IDV during renewal and the insurance premium? Also pls do quote your insurance provider.

My vehicles 1st B'day is 30 days down the lane.
Sorry for replying late.

Don't have the policy handy for referring to the IDV, but the insurance premium is ~27K INR. No claims during last year. Continued with HDFC Ergo. Dropped the zero depreciation clause this year.

Last edited by SDP : 19th August 2013 at 21:33.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2013, 22:21   #4735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Guys, did anyone of you ever had to leave his XUV un-used for at-least 9 days? If so, did you faced any issue when you re-started the engine?
Once I left my XUV unused for about 2 weeks. No issues.

But why are you anticipating any issues anyway? If the battery is in good condition, even if you leave your car unused for 2-3 months there should not be any problem.
debuda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2013, 22:27   #4736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Thanks for the response and sorry for the delayed reply. If the niggles are small such as a USB drive not being recognised or some small LCD Info display issue etc It wont worry me at all and I will get it done up at the next service. If stalls on road or warrants me to call for help from ASS it will be a problem for me. I need a vehicle that has a reliable Engine and transmission. That is all. I dont have the age or mind set to take care of it like a Girl friend (at my age!)
Knowing what I know of MHawk engine and other mechanicals chances of you being stranded is equal to a VW, Hyundai or maybe a Chevy. Sure mahindra cannot match reliability of a Toyota or Honda but XUV is decent and reliable car.

Go ahead and enjoy XUV if you are ready to live with a squeak here and rattle there.

And biggest plus of XUV is other lesser cars give you way as soon as they see XUV in their rear view mirror.

I have not been given same privilege in any other car
Old 20th August 2013, 06:30   #4737
BHPian

I have been starting my friends XUV once every week with no issues whatsoever .Started it once after a months break .The car was parked for three months.I guess it's down to the condition of the battery usually.
Old 20th August 2013, 22:19   #4738
BHPian

Auto Car India reports that Mahindra has improved XUV500. The new XUV500 has been launched with corrective measures to address it's niggles.

ACI says Mahindra has improved brake systems, clutch and build quality.

More details are available at source.
MaxTorque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 23:01   #4739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Auto Car India reports that Mahindra has improved XUV500. The new XUV500 has been launched with corrective measures to address it's niggles.

ACI says Mahindra has improved brake systems, clutch and build quality.

More details are available at source.
Any idea from which month this change is implemented ? I have booked one last week and hope I will be getting the improved version
Old 22nd August 2013, 09:41   #4740
BHPian

Its that time of the decade when I have finally started looking for a replacement car in my family. I have one through at least 100 threads in the last week or so and have looked at various Cars/SUVs and have come to the conclusion that I am more then happy to go in for a used vehicle at this point of time. I had previously set my budget for a 7 Lac machine(for new or used) but now have increased it to 9Lac or so. While hunting within this budget I saw quite a few XUVs also(not within this price but just standing there asking me to come ride them) and with a deep breath I managed to ask the dealer for a price quote for a 2 Yr old White W8 done 42K on the odo. The quote was 10.5 which he quickly came down to 10Lac flat. With just 1 Lac more I could have what I have been always a fan of. A 7 seater MUV loaded with features and has killer looks.

Now one of my close friends also have one so I rang him up and asked him how happy he is with the beast. This is where the twist came. He owns a Silver 2011 W6 clocked 22K. he offered me his car for 10 Lac flat. My jaw dropped. I asked him why is he parting with his almost new car and he said his profession wanted him to upgrade to a better class vehicle like a D segment Sedan or maybe he will buy a Fortuner. He is a real close friend and yes I know in and outs of the vehicle. Apart from the minor scratches and chips the car is kept pretty cleanly. I remember the car in a small collision in which one of the front headlamps clamp broke and the radiator was bumped. The bill was a massive 70K for such a small thing but every part was changed.

Apart from that the car has been kept pretty well. I can't really negotiate with my friend and knowing the car first hand is making me go for it but I just wanted a cross check on the price. Is this really a fair price. If it is high by about 25-30K then I won't really bother with the negotiations but if it is more then that, then I will take that into consideration. Remember the car was bought before the price hike. I am posting this here in this thread cause this I believe gets the most visits by peeps who are either interested or own this beast.

Also what all known problems are encountered by people owning the XUV. I know electronics is a Major component and being W6 gives me that peace of mind. Faulty brake pads, Rattles apart from this I couldn't spot any common niggles over the forums.

Also this is to people who own this vehicle. Do you feel this will last you over 1.5 Lac KMs. I trusty Palio did. I cant say the same about the Swift's D build quality. At 70K I feel the car is just falling apart. What are your feelings about the XUV's build quality. Also what do you see failing over the years. How lasting is the paint job. And lastly but importantly how good are the mechanics of the car. Suspension and Engine for starters.

Forgot to ask whats the average maintaince costs of the vehicle on service visits and whats the interval for minor and major services.

Last edited by Switch : 22nd August 2013 at 09:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks