Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2011, 17:02   #481
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
I did NOT take the insurance offered by the dealer. I took it outside. I used the no claim bonus in my existing car which gave me an awesome deal. You need a good insurance guy who can help you with it, as im told it needs specific approvals .. I got it at a dirt cheap rate compared to the dealer quote. I have taken the insurance including a 2 lac cover for the 6 passengers.
That must be the comprehensive insurance package. But did you take 0-dep or not?
Old 19th October 2011, 17:14   #482
Senior - BHPian

There is a video on youtube about some auto journalist in an XUV500 nudging the 190 mark. Worth a watch.

Shows what a master product Mahindra has made.
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2011, 17:44   #483
BHPian

dear all,
I have just been communicated from the dealership that my XUV will be available for delivery by 25th Oct.
The issue : while I had booked the W8 AWD , they have processed my booking for the W8 FWD !!! Now I am communicated that even my booking receipt says FWD and not AWD.
On asking them to clear this mis-understanding, I was categorically told that if I choose not to pay up by 25th Oct, my booking would be cancelled and transfered to the next person in queue :-(
Further, I can't even change this booking to AWD as the company has stopped taking any orders ...
I have time till tomm to confirm the status now.
Guys, since this is my very first SUV and I have always wanted to conquer Leh/Ladhak in this, would I face any issues in achieving this dream with the FWD version?
I am not a hardcore off-roader, however always harboured the dream of owning an SUV which could be potent enough of over coming an off road situation that may come up on account of a Leh travel and/or other such places.
Pls pls advice me with your views on whether there will be a major set back by going for the FWD version ?
Eagerly await your advice
Many thanks in advance
Sid
Old 19th October 2011, 18:25   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwadia View Post
dear all,
I have just been communicated from the dealership that my XUV will be available for delivery by 25th Oct.
The issue : while I had booked the W8 AWD , they have processed my booking for the W8 FWD !!! Now I am communicated that even my booking receipt says FWD and not AWD.
On asking them to clear this mis-understanding, I was categorically told that if I choose not to pay up by 25th Oct, my booking would be cancelled and transfered to the next person in queue :-(
Further, I can't even change this booking to AWD as the company has stopped taking any orders ...
Guys, since this is my very first SUV and I have always wanted to conquer Leh/Ladhak in this, would I face any issues in achieving this dream with the FWD version?
I am not a hardcore off-roader, however always harboured the dream of owning an SUV which could be potent enough of over coming an off road situation that may come up on account of a Leh travel and/or other such places.
Pls pls advice me with your views on whether there will be a major set back by going for the FWD version ?
Many thanks in advance
Sid
IMO you should try to contact mahindra directly as it is the dealership who is at fault not you and you should get the AWD.You can conquer the terrains like ladakh,leh even in FWD,but i guess you should wait and buy AWD,try taking this matter to seniors at mahindra.

Last edited by acsandeep : 19th October 2011 at 18:27.
Old 19th October 2011, 18:34   #485
BHPian

Any news about the AWD delivery ? I booked a W8 AWD on the first day itself in MPL , chennai. Till now nothing reg the booking has been informed. I got a phone call from a lady from M&M few days back trying to convince me to change to a FWD model, the highlight was when she told me that " Even the FWD model runs in 4 wheels " , it was a enlightment for me as all these years I was thinking FWD model runs only in front wheels ;-) { I told her that too } . Anyway jokes apart, when am I gonna see my XUV 500 W8 AWD ?
drjones is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2011, 18:42   #486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
dear all,
Many thanks in advance
Sid
When you paid the advance / full money they would have given you a receipt that metions the model and color chosen + accessories opted if any. What does that challan say ? If it says AWD, then you can even sue the dealer.

Let us know what is the entry on the Challan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones View Post
Any news about the AWD delivery ? I booked a W8 AWD on the first day itself in MPL , chennai. Till now nothing reg the booking has been informed. I got a phone call from a lady from M&M few days back trying to convince me to change to a FWD model, the highlight was when she told me that " Even the FWD model runs in 4 wheels " , it was a enlightment for me as all these years I was thinking FWD model runs only in front wheels ;-) { I told her that too } . Anyway jokes apart, when am I gonna see my XUV 500 W8 AWD ?
Dr Jones - What status does the Mahindra SAP system tell ? Even if you book on the first day, are you sure the dealer placed the order on the same day itself ? Your status should be updated in the SAP system. Could you post a screenshot of SAP system for us to decipher the same ?

Last edited by Vid6639 : 19th October 2011 at 21:35. Reason: merging back to back posts. Kindly edit edit existing post if posting within 30mins.
Old 19th October 2011, 18:49   #487
BHPian

Hi Sid, dont you find it strange to accept this twist, according to the whimse and fancy of M&M or their dealers. Question is, its your money, then why are you going to settle for something which you havent wished for in the 1st . place. As far as Leh is concerned a tata Nano has done it, and what the Leh gurus say out here is that in the hands of an able driver any car can do the same... I guess HVK had been to Leh in his MATIZ.

But then again, this yes-I-can-take-you-for-a-ride kinda attitude needs to addressed in a proper form, hence my request please raise your voice and start emailing the honchos of M&M and I am sure there are quite a lot of people here who will help you out with contacts.

Regards.
me_sid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2011, 18:51   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Mr. Anand Mahindra has shared your video on his Twitter account,great i must say.
I also found another video,although made by someone but it sure is hilarious.
(Can be deleted if deemed inappropriate,i dont want wrath of any admin/mods and please,this is not to hurt anyone's sentiments or cars,once in a while we all require to laugh,Doctor's advice ).Sorry if already posted.

Hitler's Reaction to the Mahindra XUV500 launch - YouTube[/url]
Can someone pass Anand Mahindra the Hitler video on Thar? I don't seem to get it. I am sure he would not have shared that on twitter.
Old 19th October 2011, 18:53   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
dear all,
Many thanks in advance
Sid
This is unacceptable as far as your booking goes. Ask them for the scanned copies of the original booking form and see if any changes have been made later. The booking confirmation with you should tell you what was booked.

As far as Leh - Ladakh are concerned a FWD vehicle is more than adequate unless you decide to go complete off the road (and I mean literally uphill or down hill leaving the road which in most parts is excellent)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRaven View Post
Can someone pass Anand Mahindra the Hitler video on Thar? I don't seem to get it. I am sure he would not have shared that on twitter.
Actually he has shared it last week.

Last edited by m_upreti : 19th October 2011 at 18:57.
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2011, 18:57   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
dear all,
Many thanks in advance
Sid
Hi Sid, as someone said below that if the receipt of your booking says AWD then you can sue the dealer.
As for your concern, you should be fine with FWD for doing Leh and other places. As you said you are not into "real" off roading (which in anyway XUV is not a real offroader as it does not have 4wd) hence you will be fine with FWD. I would suggest that if you can't sue the dealer or can't wait for another 6-8 months for AWD (since you would have to re-book again), go ahead and take the delivery.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2011, 19:22   #491
BHPian

Has anyone seen an AWD or taken a TD for the AWD as of now? when will they be available for TD with the dealers? any idea? anyone? looking forward to see a detailed review of the AWD. By the way do we have any information of the next 178 BHP engine which is under development?

Now the XUV has changed the game and we expect more from M&M the average automobile enthusiasts in India has now raised the bar of expectations. Hope our auto industry is able to keep up with our expectations and give us more world class products.
Old 19th October 2011, 19:48   #492
Senior - BHPian

Looks promising - M&M XUV500- Production and development insights

Last edited by dkaile : 19th October 2011 at 19:52.
Old 19th October 2011, 19:59   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
Yep - got to know and passed him a thank you note on twitter too
Somehow can't find this video. Where is it?
Old 19th October 2011, 20:10   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
The tagline for one of the pic says 'The final check. One XUV500 rolls out every six minutes from the final assembly line'. Does this mean that M&M works only around 10Hrs a day?
Old 19th October 2011, 20:13   #495
BHPian

Dr.Jones, C'mon. The lady is right. Of course, the FWD model "runs in 4 wheels".

You could take it to a circus if that runs on front two wheels only!

Will be more popular than that Jumbo that walks on its front legs only!!

GunMo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks