Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2013, 13:19   #4951
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post

So for the exteriors was it actually teflon coating or just polishing. My RM was mentioning Teflon coating as part of the spa treatment. So if it was teflon coating, did they provide any guarantee or any time period to retouch the same. After reading some of the threads on teflon coating, am not that sure if I want to go for it.

FundaG
Just the polishing i guess as nobody mentioned about teflon. Also i doubt they would do a teflon free of cost and even if mahindra did so, these dealers will definatly not inclued it in orfer to save cost.
Old 9th October 2013, 17:33   #4952
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Guys,

I keep having the following issues repeatedly and was wondering if any of you'll have faced the same and if yes, then how did you/your RM solve it?

1. The bonnet sensor in my XUV keeps getting messed up every few months. It automatically goes off in the middle of the night and shows bonnet open when driving on bumpy roads.

2. My spare tire sensor always shows low pressure. Every-time I get it serviced the RM says he changed the sensor but it keeps coming back.

Following are not repeated issues, but are issues nevertheless:

3. I recently installed a rear view camera. Sometimes when I pop the car into reverse gear, the STOP sign comes and the beep i s continuous even though there is no obstacle behind the car. Issue with the camera?

4. In the last servicing, the RM said that the new Firmware which adds the fourth digit to the tripmeter has been rolled back by Mahindra and hence wasn't updated on my car. Is that a fact? Anybody got that update recently?

5. Anyone have an idea of what the latest version of the maps is?

6. I've not been able to get DivX videos play on the system till date. Anybody tried this?

7. My speakers emit a crackling sound (like a radio signal) when I play audio via the USB Port (be it an iPOD/USB Pen Drive anything) but is crystal clear when using Bluetooth audio. Anybody else facing this issue?
Old 9th October 2013, 21:17   #4953
BHPian

So, finally after much confusion and deliberation over the last 20 days between XUV, Cruze and elantra, finally booked an XUV W8 silver color. Quoted delivery time is 7-10 days. I am getting free reverse camera, teflon coating, Rs 10000 accessories, Rs 10000 cash discount, Rs 15000 exchange bonus and half insurance along with it. Good enough deal?
All excited and cant wait for the waiting period to end.
Am wondering about the Rs 10000 accessories. What all do i go for?
manasmadaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 21:25   #4954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasmadaan View Post
So, finally after much confusion and deliberation over the last 20 days between XUV, Cruze and elantra, finally booked an XUV W8 silver color. Quoted delivery time is 7-10 days. I am getting free reverse camera, teflon coating, Rs 10000 accessories, Rs 10000 cash discount, Rs 15000 exchange bonus and half insurance along with it. Good enough deal?
All excited and cant wait for the waiting period to end.
Am wondering about the Rs 10000 accessories. What all do i go for?
Congrats bro.. Welcome to the cheetah club...Looks like a good deal with reverse camera, half insurance and free accessories.

Regarding accessories I would suggest the following
1. Illuminated scuff plates.. its better to get it from the dealer as you can ask for some warranty in case it fails
2. Side beading on the door : If you like it
3. Door step : Again in case you or family members find difficulty in getting in and out. But I think the door step from mahindra is 13k and also not that stylish in comparison to some 3rd party options which are cheaper
4. Dont go for the door mats as 3d mats are available for 4-5k and are far better

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 21:28   #4955
BHPian

Quote:
.. I am getting free reverse camera, ..
Congratulations.

I thought the W8 comes with an inbuilt reverse camera. Is this not true?

Last edited by vvrchandra : 9th October 2013 at 21:29.
Old 9th October 2013, 21:33   #4956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
Congrats bro.. Welcome to the cheetah club...Looks like a good deal with reverse camera, half insurance and free accessories.

Regarding accessories I would suggest the following
1. Illuminated scuff plates.. its better to get it from the dealer as you can ask for some warranty in case it fails
2. Side beading on the door : If you like it
3. Door step : Again in case you or family members find difficulty in getting in and out. But I think the door step from mahindra is 13k and also not that stylish in comparison to some 3rd party options which are cheaper
4. Dont go for the door mats as 3d mats are available for 4-5k and are far better

FundaG
Thanks for the options.
I had thought of scuff plates and side beading along with few chrome fittings on front grill and fog lamps. Door steps are not needed as yet.
i am also not too keen on teflon coating going as per the reviews for it here on team BHP.
Old 9th October 2013, 21:34   #4957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Congratulations.

I thought the W8 comes with an inbuilt reverse camera. Is this not true?
No there is no reverse camera in W8 although there is an option for its installation in the navigation/infotainment screen.

Reverse camera available as an optional accessory:
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-143478.jpg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 10th October 2013 at 07:17. Reason: Back to back posts.
manasmadaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 19:26   #4958
BHPian

My vehicle went for 20K service. While returning back this message flashed in infotainment "RL Tyre swapped". Cost Hit for service 5.5K odd.

RM told me he had no information of software update till now at TVS, Kochi for the magical 24KMPL mileage reading as reported by a Bhp'ian friend.

Also my 1st issue, not really a niggle of XUV so not reported in niggles thread, Horn relay went kaput. I had installed a Roots Megasonic Horn(with relay) from M&M Showroom itself, one year back, during delivery.

The technician replaced defective one with roots relay and told me this happened due to rusting.

My question : Does it happen so??

Last edited by Vasuki : 10th October 2013 at 19:28.
Old 11th October 2013, 12:35   #4959
BHPian

I will be getting my XUV sometime next week. i have the detailed pdi list downloaded from the T BHP site. Are there any specific and particular things for XUV that i need to be careful about while doing pdi?
Old 11th October 2013, 16:21   #4960
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I will be getting my XUV sometime next week. i have the detailed pdi list downloaded from the T BHP site. Are there any specific and particular things for XUV that i need to be careful about while doing pdi?
Please PM me your email id.
I shall mail you an XUV specific PDI shared to me by debuda.
Hope he wouldn't take offence in me publicising his hard work
dhanushmenon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2013, 16:58   #4961
BHPian

Finally, I took the delivery of my beast. Just back from the dealership and my god what a ride. This is sheer power. I think i will take some time to get used to the gear-speed mapping. I actually stalled it twice, since i am not used to driving such a big car and have never ever driven a diesel vehicle before.
I have a few questions, I may come across as a noob but then that is what i really am when it comes to XUV :

1.) How do i switch on those sexy looking DRLs ?
2.) How to turn on the rain sensing wipers?
3.) Is the voice command feature only for music control or i can do more with it like " Switch on the headlamp" would turn the headlamp on?
4.) Follow me home light- I read about it somewhere. But i could not see it working. As soon as i park my vehicle and come out all the lamps get off too.
5.) Strangely when i unlock my vehicle - my headlamps get turned on for sometime. What feature is this?
6.)Side bending headlamps would work on their own right?

It would be really helpful if previous owners can answer ton the queries.
P.S: I got the 3D maxpider for my xuv. The guy charged Rs. 5500
Andy_torque133 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2013, 17:30   #4962
BHPian

Well, after 33000 kms of nearly trouble free drive, the clutch of my XUV just failed in middle of heavy traffic on the Delhi Gurgaon expressway. Just a little strange as there were no signs of any issues and none of my other vehicles had this problem even after 80000 kms of driving.

Have called the Mahindra road side assistance and waiting since last 60 mins for the towing van to come :-(
Old 11th October 2013, 17:38   #4963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb View Post
Well, after 33000 kms of nearly trouble free drive, the clutch of my XUV just failed in middle of heavy traffic on the Delhi Gurgaon expressway. Just a little strange as there were no signs of any issues and none of my other vehicles had this problem even after 80000 kms of driving. Have called the Mahindra road side assistance and waiting since last 60 mins for the towing van to come :-(
Thats very sad to hear. Please get the repairs done under warranty if the clutch place does not show any wear&tear. This is a known issue in the XUV where the slave cylinder has to be replaced. BTW what is your mfr date of your vehicle?
Old 11th October 2013, 18:29   #4964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post

Thats very sad to hear. Please get the repairs done under warranty if the clutch place does not show any wear&tear. This is a known issue in the XUV where the slave cylinder has to be replaced. BTW what is your mfr date of your vehicle?
Its a January 2012. Loading some images of the beauty. .

Name:  ForumRunner_20131011_182843.png
Views: 2139
Size:  386.9 KB
Attached Images

Joyb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2013, 18:36   #4965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Please PM me your email id.
I shall mail you an XUV specific PDI shared to me by debuda.
Hope he wouldn't take offence in me publicising his hard work
Hi, i ve pm you my e mail id. Please send me XUV specific PDI list

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks