Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2013, 11:26   #5206

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Hey Ashish, no news, media release or corp com annoncement at all wrt W10. As of now looks like not on the horizon

Cheers
Sam
Old 26th November 2013, 18:06   #5207
BHPian

Hi, does anyone know if the xuv has a cabin air dust filter? I was able to locate the filter slot near the clutch pedal (very hard to reach). On pulling it out, I found it to be nothing but a mesh (not fine enough, sand can pass through). The are two of these stacked one upon the other in the slot. Am I right in calling this the cabin air filter? If yes, how can we add a HEPA filter?
Old 26th November 2013, 21:43   #5208

It was an intersting evening. Suddenly in one of the very busy signals of Ghodbunder Road the Hawk just froze and stopped. No controls, no response on the ignition just complete dead car. Some how I managed to roll the Hawk to the road side. After making a few frantic calls the service centre guy told me to check if the battery controls were intact. I tentatively moved my hands on the connectors and the Hawk roared back to power. By that time the tow truck and free cab drop was already on the way. I followed up in the morning to find out how can a new car with just 800 kms can develop this snag. No clear answers from the service centre. Any thoughts ?
Old 26th November 2013, 21:44   #5209
Distinguished - BHPian

So W10 will have more electronics? Awesome !!
Old 26th November 2013, 22:42   #5210
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaif92 View Post
Hi, does anyone know if the xuv has a cabin air dust filter? I was able to locate the filter slot near the clutch pedal (very hard to reach). On pulling it out, I found it to be nothing but a mesh (not fine enough, sand can pass through). The are two of these stacked one upon the other in the slot. Am I right in calling this the cabin air filter? If yes, how can we add a HEPA filter?
If you are talking about the following, it is indeed the AC filter or cabin air filter.

Video credit: Fellow XUV owner Manvir Singh

If it is just a mesh in a plastic frame, making one with better mesh might be a interesting DIY project.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2013, 23:33   #5211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityarath View Post
It was an intersting evening. Suddenly in one of the very busy signals of Ghodbunder Road the Hawk just froze and stopped. No controls, no response on the ignition just complete dead car. Some how I managed to roll the Hawk to the road side. After making a few frantic calls the service centre guy told me to check if the battery controls were intact. I tentatively moved my hands on the connectors and the Hawk roared back to power. By that time the tow truck and free cab drop was already on the way. I followed up in the morning to find out how can a new car with just 800 kms can develop this snag. No clear answers from the service centre. Any thoughts ?
Hahaha. Sorry but welcome to the club. The xuv will make you very knowledgeable about how cars work. Not as bad as a Tata but you'll get to know the workshop guys reasonably well. Scared you? Don't worry, I'm exaggerating.

But stuff does go wrong. The good part about that is that Mahindra is super proactive, unlike Tata. As long as you accept that their quality is nowhere near the Japanese oems but forgive them due to their zeal to get things sorted, you'll love the beast. I've had mine for almost a year now (since Jan) and by gosh, I love it dearly, despite it taking multiple attempts at my life.

Belatedly, welcome to the club. :-P
djpeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 07:12   #5212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
I've had mine for almost a year now (since Jan) and by gosh, I love it dearly, despite it taking multiple attempts at my life.
Can you elaborate it further? It will be interesting for our members.
Old 27th November 2013, 09:02   #5213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post

If you are talking about the following, it is indeed the AC filter or cabin air filter.

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=7EPfgngdCEQ

Video credit: Fellow XUV owner Manvir Singh

If it is just a mesh in a plastic frame, making one with better mesh might be a interesting DIY project.
Yes SDP, thats exactly what I was referring to. This mesh is good only to filter out only leaves or other objects larger than a grain of sand. Anything smaller will find its way through. A finer diy mesh maybe to stop dust to some extent but fumes or odors might make it through. That said, in my experience I haven't felt any odors and fumes making their at into the cabin. Someone with allergies to dust can answer this better!
mdsaif92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 11:01   #5214
BHPian

Requesting BHP'ians from Chennai suggest a reliable MM dealer. I have decided to go for a 5OO. Let me check the best deals i can get. I think Feb/Mar 2014 would be the best time to buy. Slow sales + 2013 model discount + pre-budget prices
Old 27th November 2013, 18:53   #5215

Quote:
Originally Posted by sKHAIR View Post
Folks, mine is September 2013 manufactured, even i feel its slightly more bouncy . I may be wrong since i was used to Toyota Corola drive feel but this makes you feel slightly tossed. Need your opinions here, apart from this i think the ride is just superb ans the vehicle is a awesome machine full of zeal and excitement. It gives you that 'live young live free' feeling the moment you crank up the engine. Kudos to M&M for this amazing beauty who is surely changing the SUV scene on Indian roads . Experts please do suggest if i need to see the workshop/service station to get this sorted out! Also does fitting a rear guard a safe bet in terms of warranty etc, as the autos and cycles passing around the rear end really gives my heart a miss
Waiting for experts opinion...also i observed something like 'gear slip' dnt know if that is the right term. However there is a sudden speed cut in the motion of the vehicle as if the gear slipped to lower ratios or meutrwl may be. Please share insights, this was scary as i was cruising on 70-80 kmpl. So bouncy suspension n this gear slips are haunting me
Old 27th November 2013, 21:44   #5216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post

Can you elaborate it further? It will be interesting for our members.
I've posted about the steering locking up on the niggles thread. Let me find the link.

About the other time, I was driving on the highway and the airbag warning lights popped up. Refused to go away despite multiple reboot attempts so drove slowly. Didn't show up the next morning. Not really an attempt on my life but you never know.

Also, I recently had an issue where the reverse parking sensor display hung and I almost rimmed into a cyclist while reversing. The display just froze and the there were no beeps and I merrily thought it was all clear. My bad for not paying attention to the chap cycling past in my left orvm. But off late, I've had a number of hangs on the screen, on bluetooth, calls (which can get you in trouble when the cops think you're talking and driving) and the ACC fan speed adjustment. Gotta take it in for a checkup. It's been almost two months and I haven't gone to the ASS
Old 28th November 2013, 09:09   #5217
BHPian

I am planning to take the delivery of XUV 500 W4 in few days. I wanted to get the reverse sensors fitted before delivery,but the sales person is saying that accessories for W4 has not reached them till date. If some one can help in providing more information it would be of great help.
Old 28th November 2013, 11:16   #5218
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirthankard77 View Post
I am planning to take the delivery of XUV 500 W4 in few days. I wanted to get the reverse sensors fitted before delivery,but the sales person is saying that accessories for W4 has not reached them till date. If some one can help in providing more information it would be of great help.
That's interesting. The revese-parking sensors come factory fitted for W6 and W8. So the part is definitely new to Mahindras. That got me wondering: what could be the problems with fitting the apparently standard part in the W4. Then I realized that W4 does not have a screen where the feed from the reverse-parking sensors could be displayed. So now M&M would have to give a separate small screen alongwith the sensors or may be just give a audible warning as the car approaches a obstacle behind it.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 11:16   #5219
Distinguished - BHPian

I installed 3D mats for my ride yesterday from Global tyres, Vyttila, Kochi.

Fits perfectly and am presently happy with what I have.
Cost me Rs 6800 in total

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_9937.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_9938.jpg

The third row

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_9939.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_9940.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_9941.jpg

The second row

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_9943.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_9944.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_9945.jpg
dhanushmenon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 14:42   #5220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
I installed 3D mats for my ride yesterday from Global tyres, Vyttila, Kochi.

Fits perfectly and am presently happy with what I have.
Cost me Rs 6800 in total
I also got it from the same dealer. It was Rs.5800\-(Oct 2012). Looks like inflation has caught up with floor mats too.

Most Viewed