Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2013, 20:42   #5341

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny.ganju View Post
Dear Friends

I finally have one in my Garage and i call it the Hercules (famous for his strength and for his numerous far-ranging adventures) Took the delivery around 1st week of November. Initially was contemplating between Purple and Silver but then realized how good these beasts look in light colors.

Thanks for all your advice and suggestions. Attaching few snaps will keep the forum posted on the experience.

Cheers!

Dear BHPians

Attaching some more snaps.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_0726.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_0728.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_0729.jpg  

vinny.ganju is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th December 2013, 09:37   #5342

Quote:
Dear BHPians

Attaching some more snaps.

Cheers
Hi Vinny - These 3D floor mats look really neat . How much did you pay for them? I have booked a W8 yesterday at Anant Cars and would be taking the delivery in the fist week of January.

Need to know the must have accessories and also if we can bargain for a good deal on accessories during this year-end time.

Thanks!
Old 24th December 2013, 19:55   #5343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smahesh View Post
Thanks for asking fusionbang!
I visited the Showroom on Saturday morning. I was told that the vehicle was on its way in a truck and stuck in Nelamangala..
Sireesh Auto Raised the Tax Invoice earlier today and the company I work for issued the Insurance within hours. It now appears that the vehicle will, in most probability, be registered either on 26/12 or 27/12.
smahesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2013, 23:49   #5344

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeet.khokher View Post
Hi Vinny - These 3D floor mats look really neat . How much did you pay for them? I have booked a W8 yesterday at Anant Cars and would be taking the delivery in the fist week of January. Need to know the must have accessories and also if we can bargain for a good deal on accessories during this year-end time. Thanks!
Thanks Harjeet! The mats costed me 7k here in Delhi. Accessories may depend on individual requirements and taste but if I have to suggest must haves for a W8 then I will include a reverse cam (great utility), rear guard, good mats and maybe scuff plates. These beasts look best when simple.

Cheers!
Old 26th December 2013, 08:50   #5345
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
All the automobile manufacturers avoid the alphabet 'I' while naming their products, perhaps, to avoid confusion with the number 1. So, 'L' in VIN denotes November and 'D', 2013.
'I' and 'O' are not used to remove ambiguity between '1' (one) and '0' (zero)
Not just in the VIN, even in the registration number of our vehicles (at least in Karnataka), "I" and "O" are not used for this same reason.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2013, 09:51   #5346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sireesh Auto Raised the Tax Invoice earlier today and the company I work for issued the Insurance within hours. It now appears that the vehicle will, in most probability, be registered either on 26/12 or 27/12.
Thanks for the update smahesh. Good to know that everything is going well(touchwood), keep us posted on your experience on all the formalities till delivery of the vehicle.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2013, 13:31   #5347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Harjeet! The mats costed me 7k here in Delhi. Accessories may depend on individual requirements and taste but if I have to suggest must haves for a W8 then I will include a reverse cam (great utility), rear guard, good mats and maybe scuff plates. These beasts look best when simple. Cheers!
Which accessory shop did you buy from? This is one of the best prices I have seen for the 3D mats.

These mats are the best fit, looks and neatness. Although comes at a price.
Old 26th December 2013, 13:48   #5348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post

Which accessory shop did you buy from? This is one of the best prices I have seen for the 3D mats.

These mats are the best fit, looks and neatness. Although comes at a price.
Try looking at snapdeal.com. I got them for 6k in may this year.
Old 26th December 2013, 15:21   #5349
BHPian

Hi Gurus

Need help, I have driven to Mumbai from Pune on my Beast, just wanted a recommendation of a accessories plane in or around Bandra, I need to get a steering grip done before I head back to Bangalore in 2 weeks time.
Old 26th December 2013, 16:40   #5350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Thanks for the update smahesh. Good to know that everything is going well(touchwood), keep us posted on your experience on all the formalities till delivery of the vehicle.
The company I work for has handed over the cheque for Road Tax and Registration to Sireesh Auto. I got a call from Sireesh saying I can take delivery of the XUV after 10.00 AM on Friday.
I am going in for the side step. I am being given the Rear View Camera, some mats and Side Beading free.
smahesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2013, 16:58   #5351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The company I work for has handed over the cheque for Road Tax and Registration to Sireesh Auto. I got a call from Sireesh saying I can take delivery of the XUV after 10.00 AM on Friday.
I am going in for the side step. I am being given the Rear View Camera, some mats and Side Beading free.
That's some great news mahesh Finally you are into XUV family. I am waiting desperately when I am going to be part of the family.

Congratulations and next would be your detailed ownership on this beast.

Happy Motoring, Drive safe:-)
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2013, 18:10   #5352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirthankard77 View Post
Hi Gurus

Need help, I have driven to Mumbai from Pune on my Beast, just wanted a recommendation of a accessories plane in or around Bandra, I need to get a steering grip done before I head back to Bangalore in 2 weeks time.
Sion Koliwada is the place to go!

Just a small suggestion - please avoid the aftermarket steering covers. It looks very very cheap on a vehicle like the XUV.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2013, 19:59   #5353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Sion Koliwada is the place to go!

Just a small suggestion - please avoid the aftermarket steering covers. It looks very very cheap on a vehicle like the XUV.
Thank you for the information. I appreciate the suggestion, I have a XUV 5oo W4, it does not come with the cover. I want to get a leather one done. My palms were sweating on the 10 Hrs drive to Pune from Bangalore.
Old 27th December 2013, 14:11   #5354
J.Ravi

First Pics Of My XUV500

Quote:
Just a few minutes back, XUV500 Experience Executive, India Garage, sent me the VIN by SMS: D6L19995. It's November 2013-manufactured as assured by them.
Today, self and son visited India Garage, Anna Salai, Chennai and did PDI of our XUV500 W8 FWD Opulent Purple. Here are the first pics:

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-1.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-2.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-3.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-4.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-5.jpg

My son did the PDI along with me.

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-6.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-7.jpg

After satisfying ourselves, I paid the balance amount by cheque. I am arranging insurance myself. I will be getting my XUV500 on 30 December 2013 [Monday] after registration as I don't want to wait until 2014.
  (7) Thanks
Old 27th December 2013, 14:52   #5355
BHPian

Re: First Pics Of My XUV500

Quote:
Today, self and son visited India Garage, Anna Salai, Chennai and did PDI of our XUV500 W8 FWD Opulent Purple. Here are the first pics:

After satisfying ourselves, I paid the balance amount by cheque. I am arranging insurance myself. I will be getting my XUV500 on 30 December 2013 [Monday] after registration as I don't want to wait until 2014.
Congratulations J.Ravi! The vehicle looks beautiful. Here is wishing you many happy years of driving this beauty. Drive Safe! Cheers.

On another topic. Did you ask about road tax being computed after deducting the discounts? Thanks.
smahesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed