Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2014, 18:06   #5446
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, this might be a perfectly stupid question but I was just wondering if Mahindra will EVER think of launching XUV5OO with a petrol engine! My question is because my running is very less and my city doesn't permit me to think taking XUV out for a spin considering its narrow lanes and bylanes so that purpose is served by my WagonR. It can only be an occasional highway cruiser meaning it'll go out once a month only and thereby running kilometers will be less. So with a diesel engine, it might be a tad heavy initially and later on, with maintenance on my pocket. Why XUV, because I love its looks and safety features. Maybe putting a petrol heart will reduce the price also. Experts, any comments?
Old 12th January 2014, 18:18   #5447
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Well, this might be a perfectly stupid question but I was just wondering if Mahindra will EVER think of launching XUV5OO with a petrol engine!
I think they will never develop a petrol for XUV. Diesels are accepted easily in all countries, especially for Suvs. Also their Scorpio Petrol never made it big and they lack experience in developing petrol engine.

Afaik even the petrol engine in Scorpio was sourced from Renault.

If you are comfortable getting a pre owned car why not get a low run Outlander or Grand Vitara.

Last edited by moralfibre : 12th January 2014 at 20:14.
Old 13th January 2014, 18:47   #5448
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Finally got the gear lock fitted on my XUV.
Took quite a bit of time to source it, with the accessories guys denying a bracket for the XUV even existed!
Finally, got the bracket and today the Autocop guys came over and fitted it.
Peace of mind at last!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-994414_10152234966784009_1931548778_n.jpg  

kaiserketkar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2014, 19:36   #5449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
My Purple Cheetah did its first long trip yesterday and today. Left Vadapalani, Chennai at 6 pm and reached Basaveswara Nagar, Bangalore at 1:20 am today
Attachment 1189362
I admire your courage, driving at night at your age
May you have your vision for long
Heavy Horse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2014, 10:09   #5450
BHPian

Please check Ravi sir's Bluebird review. You would admire him more. At his age I feel he is more younger than many of us here.
His review made me go for Thunderbird 500.

And now he is motivating me for the Cheetah.
azm@bpl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2014, 13:47   #5451
BHPian

LED on my XUV,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3344108
Old 14th January 2014, 17:05   #5452
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
This is actually illegal.
If you plan to visit Kerala, the transport commissioner, Mr Rishiraj Singh will have a lot to laugh about
Old 14th January 2014, 17:40   #5453
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaif92 View Post
The XUV is based on a monocoque chassis and not a ladder on frame chassis.
Hi!

Thanks, but I do already know that and its pretty evident, hence this (XUV 500) isn't in consideration.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2014, 18:43   #5454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
This is actually illegal.
If you plan to visit Kerala, the transport commissioner, Mr Rishiraj Singh will have a lot to laugh about
I agree, as i mention before "LED is extreme bright on road and distract other drivers hence suggest to use only when it required" . Don't just use for showoff.
Old 15th January 2014, 00:42   #5455
BHPian

Dear BHPians, i have almost made up my mind of upgrading my car and also upgraded by choice from sedans to XUV. I wanted to get some tips on how to get the best deals in bangalore. I am planning for a W6 variant. Currently, i have checked with Sireesh Auto and they say the overall cost is around 15.15 L, i would get around 30 K cash discount and some 15 K off on a bumper to bumper insurance which originally costs around 52 K and the side steps free as accessories. So in all, around 45 K cash discount and the side steps for free. Is this the best i can get? Can you please suggest me how much more i can bargain and how to do it too . Any references from whom and where you guys have recently purchased from would also help.

Looking forward to join the club soon...
Old 15th January 2014, 09:52   #5456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
Dear BHPians, i have almost made up my mind of upgrading my car and also upgraded by choice from sedans to XUV. I wanted to get some tips on how to get the best deals in bangalore. I am planning for a W6 variant. Currently, i have checked with Sireesh Auto and they say the overall cost is around 15.15 L, i would get around 30 K cash discount and some 15 K off on a bumper to bumper insurance which originally costs around 52 K and the side steps free as accessories. So in all, around 45 K cash discount and the side steps for free. Is this the best i can get? Can you please suggest me how much more i can bargain and how to do it too . Any references from whom and where you guys have recently purchased from would also help.

PMK-MoJO has bought W8 last month with decent discounts, check with him about the dealer and SA, you might be able to pull off a decent deal if there's any 2013 in stock.
Old 15th January 2014, 10:32   #5457
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Gurudutt,
First of all appreciate for your decision on selecting XUV.
CASH Discount is the same which i got in the Month of December. I think you still have opportunity to bargain on Insurance and also discount on any other accessories like seat covers, scuff plates, Mats etc.

I think you are getting December discount itself and also 2013 Manufactured vehicle. Make sure you are getting the Vehicle manufactured not earlier than October 2013. In one of the discussion threat i saw that there is a upgrade done on Suspension from October-2013.

I took November Manufactured vehicle. Ask for the VIN number to know the manufacturing date and if possible visit their stock yard to check the Vehicle allotted to you.
Old 15th January 2014, 11:05   #5458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
Hi Gurudutt,
First of all appreciate for your decision on selecting XUV.
CASH Discount is the same which i got in the Month of December. I think you still have opportunity to bargain on Insurance and also discount on any other accessories like seat covers, scuff plates, Mats etc.

I think you are getting December discount itself and also 2013 Manufactured vehicle. Make sure you are getting the Vehicle manufactured not earlier than October 2013. In one of the discussion threat i saw that there is a upgrade done on Suspension from October-2013.

I took November Manufactured vehicle. Ask for the VIN number to know the manufacturing date and if possible visit their stock yard to check the Vehicle allotted to you.
Really appreciate the quick reply. Can you let me know the dealer and the salesman number from where you bought yours? I can check with the same person.
Old 15th January 2014, 12:19   #5459
BHPian

Quote:
Really appreciate the quick reply. Can you let me know the dealer and the salesman number from where you bought yours? I can check with the same person.
It is from Sireesh Auto itself which is near silk board.
The Sales Person Name is Mr.BalaChandra Bhat.
There is one more person with same name who is Team lead.
This guy whom i am referring to is sales person. This guy deals nicely and patiently, i dragged for almost 1month before finalizing the deal.
Old 15th January 2014, 13:54   #5460
Senior - BHPian

There has been an increase in XUV price by 5-10k depending on the model starting 01 Jan. Confirmed by Pratik Automobiles, Ranchi.

Not sure if it makes sense to increase price and offer discounts?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks