Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2014, 18:34   #5461
BHPian

Mahindra recalls selective XUVs for cluch replacements. Check the below link.

http://www.motoroids.com/news/mahind...h-replacement/
PMK-MoJo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2014, 09:30   #5462
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
Dear BHPians, i have almost made up my mind of upgrading my car and also upgraded by choice from sedans to XUV. I wanted to get some tips on how to get the best deals in bangalore. I am planning for a W6 variant. Currently, i have checked with Sireesh Auto and they say the overall cost is around 15.15 L, i would get around 30 K cash discount and some 15 K off on a bumper to bumper insurance which originally costs around 52 K and the side steps free as accessories. So in all, around 45 K cash discount and the side steps for free. Is this the best i can get? Can you please suggest me how much more i can bargain and how to do it too . Any references from whom and where you guys have recently purchased from would also help.

Looking forward to join the club soon...
Hello Everyone,

My membership got approved last night, so I am obviously thrilled to be part of this vibrant community. Thanks to the moderators for approving it and quite contrary to the public opinion on the internet, I must say that the registration process was quite rational and smooth. I got it in the second attempt (in about 10 days) when I paid close attention to the answers I was providing during the registration process. Its imperative to have a stringent filtering process in place to make sure that only genuinely interested get in. That's the only way to make sure that we maintain the integrity and the standard of this forum.

Now coming to the car, last week I booked a XUV W6 from Sireesh Auto Bangalore, thanks to the rave reviews the car has received, on this forum as well as elsewhere! I have got 30K cash discount + 10k corporate discount on the ex-showroom price. Since the discount is on ex-showroom price, I am getting an automatic benefit on the registration charge as well as insurance. In addition, I am also getting some accessories like door beading, rain visor, car cover, mud flaps etc. free.
Old 16th January 2014, 16:13   #5463
BHPian

Hi Guys, Finally I have booked my XUV500 today (W8 2WD opulent Purple). On road price came to Rs. 15,20,000 in Faridabad, Haryana. Got 64K worth of 0 dep insurance (unlimited number of claims allowed) for Rs. 18,000. Along with that got Rs. 10,300 of accessories free and 20% off on all the other accessories that I went for over the free ones. Vehicle supplied will be January 2014 manufactured.
Old 16th January 2014, 17:05   #5464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayanksabharwal View Post
Hi Guys, Finally I have booked my XUV500 today (W8 2WD opulent Purple). On road price came to Rs. 15,20,000 in Faridabad, Haryana. Got 64K worth of 0 dep insurance (unlimited number of claims allowed) for Rs. 18,000. Along with that got Rs. 10,300 of accessories free and 20% off on all the other accessories that I went for over the free ones. Vehicle supplied will be January 2014 manufactured.
Congratulations buddy Can you please share the break up of On-Road Price with Ex-showroom price, Road tax- Insurance and other details? Also what is the delivery date for your beast?

And awaiting some really great pictures of this beauty along with a ownership thread post you get your delivery
Old 16th January 2014, 17:20   #5465
BHPian

Sure buddy, here it is.

Ex showroom - Rs. 13,77,077
Insurance - Rs. 53,548 + Rs. 8400 (0 dep premium) = Rs. 62,000
Regn tax - Rs. 115166
Handling - Rs. 7500

On road price - Rs. 15,61,291
After discount - Rs. 15,19,000

Accessories that I got fitted

Rain visors - Rs. 1795
Side moulding - Rs. 1802
Camera - Rs. 3500
Side foot rest - Rs. 11900
Illuminated Scuff Plates - Rs. 3195
Mats - Rs. 2049
Headrest LCD screens (2) - Rs. 16023
Body Cover- Rs. 1398
Chrome kit (Doors, Fog lamps, front grill, headlight bezel, mirror chrome, tail lamp chrome, lift gate handle chrome) - Rs. 5796
Rear Guard - Rs. 4500

Total - Rs. 51958
After Discount - Rs. 32,948

So in short, I got All Inclusive on road vehicle for Rs. 15,50,000

Delivery by the end of month.

Thanks
mayanksabharwal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2014, 17:50   #5466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sure buddy, here it is.

Regn tax - Rs. 115166
Handling - Rs. 7500

On road price - Rs. 15,61,291
After discount - Rs. 15,19,000

Accessories that I got fitted

Rain visors - Rs. 1795
Side moulding - Rs. 1802
Camera - Rs. 3500
Side foot rest - Rs. 11900
Illuminated Scuff Plates - Rs. 3195
Mats - Rs. 2049
Headrest LCD screens (2) - Rs. 16023
Body Cover- Rs. 1398
Chrome kit (Doors, Fog lamps, front grill, headlight bezel, mirror chrome, tail lamp chrome, lift gate handle chrome) - Rs. 5796
Rear Guard - Rs. 4500

Total - Rs. 51958
After Discount - Rs. 32,948

So in short, I got All Inclusive on road vehicle for Rs. 15,50,000

Delivery by the end of month.

Thanks
Really some interesting pricing out there, trust me if you were in Bangalore and looking to buy this vehicle with all the listed accessories, it would have been around 18 Lac. And seriously the road tax here in Bangalore is almost 100% more than what you have paid.

I wish the tax across is reduced here in Bangalore, which would seriously help save a lot of money.

Anyway congrats once again and Happy XUVing!!
fusionbang is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2014, 19:34   #5467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Really some interesting pricing out there, trust me if you were in Bangalore and looking to buy this vehicle with all the listed accessories, it would have been around 18 Lac. And seriously the road tax here in Bangalore is almost 100% more than what you have paid.

I wish the tax across is reduced here in Bangalore, which would seriously help save a lot of money.

Anyway congrats once again and Happy XUVing!!
My brother had been staying in Hyderabad for the last 2 years and I have noticed the same trend there too. I assume the taxes in Southern states of India are more, that's why. BTW, if I had got it registered in Delhi, it would have costed me around 70-80 K more. Overall, I am happy with the deal and eagerly awaiting the "Beastly Beauty".
Old 16th January 2014, 21:19   #5468

I am late to the party. Brought XUV500 W8 AWD on 27th Dec 2013 from India Garage. It is Nov 2013 model. Enjoyed the ride to Tirupati and local. Already clocked 1400KM. Excellent vehicle. This blog really helped me (read all pages in this thread before commiting)

Unfortunately today while taking a u-turn, a maruti van scratched my lower part of right rear door. Since it is a black color we cannot make out so much. But left a scar in my mind. I am sure the scratch can be removed easily (in the workshop), however it may leave me sleepless till I get it done.
sarasws is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2014, 00:55   #5469
BHPian

I had earlier booked a terrano but cancelled it later due to hopeless sales guys and the subsequent price rise of 40K on all terrano models starting Jan 2014. It was anyway little pricey but additional 40k on top of that was a game changer for me. But I must admit that I found the suspension and ride quality of terrano to be far superior than xuv. I did multiple test drives (remember at least 3 each) of both terrano and xuv and on every occasion, I found terrano to be distinctly ahead of xuv on this aspect. I still went ahead with xuv since its a VFM car and its looks/2nd row space/countless features are simply amazing ! I would like to seek other folks' (specially owners') opinion on this aspect of the car. Isn't suspension a "weak" point of xuv given that cars in this category are expected to have a superior suspension?
Old 17th January 2014, 11:13   #5470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_a_u_r_a_b_h View Post
I had earlier booked a terrano but cancelled it later due to hopeless sales guys and the subsequent price rise of 40K on all terrano models starting Jan 2014. It was anyway little pricey but additional 40k on top of that was a game changer for me. But I must admit that I found the suspension and ride quality of terrano to be far superior than xuv. I did multiple test drives (remember at least 3 each) of both terrano and xuv and on every occasion, I found terrano to be distinctly ahead of xuv on this aspect. I still went ahead with xuv since its a VFM car and its looks/2nd row space/countless features are simply amazing ! I would like to seek other folks' (specially owners') opinion on this aspect of the car. Isn't suspension a "weak" point of xuv given that cars in this category are expected to have a superior suspension?
Salesperson told me that suspensions got some lift since October 2013 manufactured models. I am waiting for the vehicle to get delivered to confirm. Anyone else has any idea about that?
Old 17th January 2014, 11:42   #5471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a XUV and I recently test drove a Duster, which I believe is similar to the Terrano.

Yes, the Terrano has far better ride than the XUV. But IMHO, in every other aspect, the XUV is ahead of the Terrano and hence is more VFM according to me.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2014, 13:32   #5472
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...I would like to seek other folks' (specially owners') opinion on this aspect of the car. Isn't suspension a "weak" point of xuv given that cars in this category are expected to have a superior suspension?
Terrano / Duster is defintely one of the benchmarks in ride quality. Sadly XUV is still NOT there. You could try Storme though - the ride quality (in the middle seat) could be better (than XUV).
Old 17th January 2014, 16:29   #5473
BHPian

Quote:
Sure buddy, here it is.

Regn tax - Rs. 115166
Handling - Rs. 7500
The insurance quoted is way too high. For my XUV W8 2wd 1.5 years back the insurance was 40000 (0 dep). And again this was because I took it from the dealer. Else if i had gone outside, would have got it cheaper. Dont think even with the current ex-showroom prices, the insurance should go beyond 40-45k. And is handling charges same everywhere. I cant remember my exact charges, but I dont think it was this high. So with the discounts, the dealer has lost less because of the high insurance and handling charges.

FundaG
Old 17th January 2014, 18:55   #5474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
The insurance quoted is way too high. For my XUV W8 2wd 1.5 years back the insurance was 40000 (0 dep). And again this was because I took it from the dealer. Else if i had gone outside, would have got it cheaper. Dont think even with the current ex-showroom prices, the insurance should go beyond 40-45k. And is handling charges same everywhere. I cant remember my exact charges, but I dont think it was this high. So with the discounts, the dealer has lost less because of the high insurance and handling charges.

FundaG
Actually, all the companies give 50% on first quoted insurance. I got another 50% over the discounted. Outside the cheapest I was getting was from Tata at around Rs. 36,000 for 0 dep. At the dealer I am paying Rs. 18,000. Handling charges is same across Delhi/NCR at Rs. 7500. It should be different I guess varying from city to city.

Finally no dealer will lose. I have tried with many dealers and using one technique or more, they come at more or less the final on road price. Anyways it does not matter, I await my cheetah now eagerly.
Old 17th January 2014, 19:26   #5475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And you are correct when you say this. Duster/Terrano are way too superior in terms of suspension when compared with XUV. As for Mahindra claiming to have new suspensions in 2013 models, well, nothing has changed, they just keep changing bushes.

Most Viewed