Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2011, 23:33   #556
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Received call from the dealer - tentative date of 28 Feb for W8 FWD (Black) booked on 10 Oct.
Old 20th October 2011, 23:46   #557
BHPian

Visited Mahindra Dealership(India Garage st'marks road) yesterday to know about my booking status whether i could get my car few days earlier(by 28th oct ) as i had received a message from M&M relationship center stating i would get my WHITE W8 FWD by 04-nov-2011.
They did not have any clue on this and assured will try to deliver by the date confirmed by M&M
According SE only W6 variants are being right now and they have not delivered a single W8 till date from their dealership .
Old 21st October 2011, 04:37   #558

Received call from the dealer - tentative date of 14 Nov for W8 FWD (Black) booked on 30 Sept.
Old 21st October 2011, 05:28   #559
BHPian

From all this early deliveries....it seems obvious that the present prices wont hold when the bookings restart.
Otherwise,why would they stop after just 10k bookings.It could have gone on to even 20k with a 6 month waiting period which is normal nowadays.it would mean even more money from interest for those extra months.
Old 21st October 2011, 07:22   #560
Distinguished - BHPian

It's wonderful that Mahindra is committing actual dates in a transparent manner to customers who've booked. So much better than the opaque and corrupt method used by most others. I hope they stick to the deadlines- that would be a real coup!
Old 21st October 2011, 08:39   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
Guys I like many other Bhpians out here, am also anxiously waiting for the bookings to re-open. so any info on that would be really appreciated.

also one very very important thing is choosing the right colour. because at present I am very confused about the colour which again I am sure must be the case with many Bhpians as well.

So it would be really great if someone can post pictures of all the colours of XUV 500. because we usually don't get to see all the colours at any one showroom. and seeing them all together at one place would be a great thing. so front and side profile pics of all the colours would be of great help to anyone trying to make a decision on the colour. and I am saying this because colours in real life look much different from the ones shown on their website, which is just animation and no where close to the actual shade.

so anyone who can do this... would be great. mods any help here?

P.S. - I presonally am confused between Grey, Green and White. and I think the beige/Brown interiors also look more airy and give you the sense of more spaciousness compared to the Black/Plum interiors. but they are available only on white. again more confusion!
I know mate.. in interiors one is luminously and another one is lightlessness... and that make more confusion.....

See i took few pictures from my blackberry which i am sharing here..
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img2011100400161.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img2011100400158.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img2011100200151.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img2011100200149.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img2011100200148.jpg  

Tushargohil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2011, 10:18   #562
BHPian

^ Is it just me or someone else also think that the white XUV looks much better in above pictures compared to other colours?
Looks like the front design is growing on me.
C300 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2011, 10:31   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
^ Is it just me or someone else also think that the white XUV looks much better in above pictures compared to other colours?
Looks like the front design is growing on me.
One disclosure....White picture i took during day time.. hence suspecting natural light is playing good role here.
Old 21st October 2011, 10:41   #564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster
It's wonderful that Mahindra is committing actual dates in a transparent manner to customers who've booked. So much better than the opaque and corrupt method used by most others. I hope they stick to the deadlines- that would be a real coup!
So far, it has been a 'Super Launch'. Many things that Mahindra got spot on.
  1. IIRC, M&M didn't wait for a latter date to announce the price after showcasing the product to the public. No one was left on their toes.
  2. They ensured enough demo cars at showrooms for TD.
  3. The delivery has started.
  4. The online booking status is very nice.
  5. And they have already closed the booking without dragging the delivery dates far. And Mahindra also sent a big Thank You note on the newspaper.
  6. Equipping the showroom and sales staff with the latest electronic widgets for helping customers.
  7. And last but not at all the least, a great product with quite brilliant pricing.
I am very impressed. The only problem is that the XUV was not launched pan India. But, it looks like that was a very good strategy followed by brilliant execution.

Hope the longterm reliability of the vehicle is not found wanting and Mahindra can increase the production to the required levels very soon.
Old 21st October 2011, 14:02   #565
BHPian

Somehow I think this car looks better in lighter shades... The more visible front grill the better it looks! Hehe... Strange na.. Its just the opposite of what everyone thought earlier on.. That dark is the way to go.

Actually the front whiskers are of same colour in grey which I don't like. They should have given it in black.

Anyways.. I am gonna go for the w8 AWD so between white, grey and green I am now leaning more towards white. Can't wait no more!
Old 21st October 2011, 14:05   #566
BHPian

Just checked with the dealer today. My car should come on Feb 1st week. W8 FWD. I booked on Oct 10.
Old 21st October 2011, 14:31   #567

After hearing that the delivery dates were being cut down from the one's stated earlier, I rang up the dealer today and was given a date of Dec 2nd!

Much more bearable than the March date I was given earlier!
Old 21st October 2011, 15:00   #568
BHPian

Got a call from my dealer for an earlier delivery of my XUV. The date is now 26th November as against 17th December what was intimated on the Mahindra portal.
Old 21st October 2011, 15:36   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkumar79 View Post
Received call from the dealer - tentative date of 28 Feb for W8 FWD (Black) booked on 10 Oct.
Hi MKumar,

which dealer did you book this at? Koncept NOIDA? And how could you manage a October 10th booking when the bookings stopped at the night of October 9th?
Old 21st October 2011, 16:00   #570
BHPian

Got a call from Koncept, Safdarjung that my new delivery date is 23rd November, a good one month before the original date! I booked on 1st Oct.

Last edited by LastActionHero : 21st October 2011 at 16:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks