Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2014, 17:47   #5806
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Thank you very much for your valuable inputs sir

Will get in touch with you personally and discuss with you in detail to finalize on my decision.

Will catch up very soon
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 17:56   #5807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
The mentioned situation will arise only if the hit is directly on the side foot step. Otherwise, the airbags will function just fine. Yes, they will definitely lower the clearance and that is one of the reasons why I didn't go for it on my car. Apart from this, I don't think it really serves the purpose. Have not seen anybody stepping on it.
In a lighter vain, my car cleaning guy uses it extensively to clean the top of the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Thanks Ravi Sir

As I said earlier my budget can reach out to W8 FWD. Currently I own a Santro and I am looking at XUV because it is my dream car since the time it was launched.

I am also looking at features likes cruise control, HHC, HDC, ABS, ESP, Alloys. Can you please help me with what is not available in W4 and how important is it to have the features likes cruise control, HHC, HDC.
If your budget permits, I would suggest to go ahead with W8 so that you don't feel for the missing features later They are really cool based on my experience so far.
vinucv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 18:04   #5808
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinucv View Post
In a lighter vain, my car cleaning guy uses it extensively to clean the top of the car
During the first service of my XUV500 at India Garage, Chennai, the service centre washing guy stood on the alloy wheel spoke to clean the top!

Old 9th April 2014, 22:12   #5809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
1) I'd love the rear camera for parking assist. It's also about 3.5k I believe. Will M&M add the display? Or can i get a display fitted aftermarket?
2) Similarly, do they fit alloys on the W4 for a price? What would be the cost?
3) Any long term niggles that prevail in the Post Oct-13 models?
4) Any owners of both Eco Sport / XUV care to comment on their preference?
1. The cost of camera is 3k and does not include the display cost. You have the option to choose display from mahindra (to be precise dealer) or after market.

2. Yes, Mahindra has alloys for W6 and W4. Infact these alloys are better looking than the stock ones on W8. You need to negotiate hard on the price. Last I heard was that the dealer was asking 32k for four alloys.

3. None so far that I know of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
It's finally time for me to decide on the XUV and move on with my purchasing. Request all XUVians to please help me decide on the model.

Even though I am a sincere follower of this thread and aware of each and every bit of XUV, I would like to make sure I decide on the right model before I buy it.
If you have budget W8 is the model to go for. The features provided are worth every penny. I know a couple of guys who opted for W6 and later on repented/ kept pressing the dealer to install the missing features which obviously is not possible. Do study the additional features of W8 in detail before taking final call. I personally upgraded from W6 to W8.

After Oct 13, the electronics niggles appear to be sorted out. Personally I have not come across any so far in my 3k experience. Others can add their experience.
TaureanBull is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 01:41   #5810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
If you have budget W8 is the model to go for. The features provided are worth every penny. I know a couple of guys who opted for W6 and later on repented/ kept pressing the dealer to install the missing features which obviously is not possible. Do study the additional features of W8 in detail before taking final call. I personally upgraded from W6 to W8.

After Oct 13, the electronics niggles appear to be sorted out. Personally I have not come across any so far in my 3k experience. Others can add their experience.
W8 is really worth for its features. Initially i planned to go for W6 but later decided to go with W8 by spending little more than planned, but i felt its really worth.
Mine is a Nov-2013 make, so far completed around 3k, i didn't face any problem.
Recently went for a non-stop long drive of 600Kms. Good feedback from my family members on the drive & comfort in both front and middle rows.
PMK-MoJo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 13:19   #5811
BHPian

I took my W8 delivery last december. Manufactured month was nov 2013. So far i have covered close to 4500 kms and no issues with any electronics. The only issue which i had was with breaking efficiency but after bleeding the brakes it has improved.
Old 10th April 2014, 14:00   #5812
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys, here are few pics of my Cheetah in Dolphin Grey which I bought a week back. I must say I am totally impressed with the work done by Mahindra.

Its W8 FWD so far done only 350 kms in city and partial highway. The vehicle behaves in as a perfect all rounder.

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-2014xuv500dolphingreyw8.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-2014xuv500dolphingreyw8logo.jpg

These photos were taken on soft road which goes to a temple near Jaipur, it behaved like a proper large SUV there, the best part is its low end torque, while at low speeds you dont need to use clutch, breaks or accelerator (thats No ABC drive)and it pulls by itself, even at decent gradients it just climbs by itself without use of any pedal.

On the topic of W4 or W8, first it all depends on your budget and if that is not an issue then there are some key features which you will miss in W6 (like Auto Climate Control to name one) and hosts of features from W8 which will bring a wider smile to your face. Instead dont go for the accessories the dealer try to push with each sale. Make it to your taste.
Ym-enjn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 14:53   #5813
BHPian

XUV500 price being revised. The website says so....

Link:http://mahindraxuv500.com/product/price.aspx
Old 10th April 2014, 18:08   #5814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
XUV500 price being revised. The website says so....

Link:http://mahindraxuv500.com/product/price.aspx

Any take on whether the prices are supposed to rise or go down? (No news article on the same in the last one week)
Old 10th April 2014, 18:36   #5815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvoyeur View Post
Any take on whether the prices are supposed to rise or go down? (No news article on the same in the last one week)
The prices are set to rise.
See below:
http://m.ibnlive.com/news/honda-tata...81-25-162.html
Old 10th April 2014, 18:45   #5816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvoyeur View Post
AFAIK, the prices are about to go up. Couple of weeks back, a number of automobile manufacturers have told that due to fluctuating rupee and increasing input costs, they will be revising (read increasing) the prices of cars. My friend VindyWheels has booked a W6 and due to some mix up at the dealership, the delivery is delayed, but he has been assured price protection as the delay happened from the dealer's side.
Old 10th April 2014, 20:12   #5817
BHPian

W4 ex showroom prices increased by around INR 10,000. Previous price in Pune was 1,061,500. New price INR 1,071,762.
Delhi previous ex showroom price was 1,070,000. Increased to INR 1,079,673.

Wonder Mahindra's and other auto manufacturers' strategy in increasing prices in an already depressed scenario. Maybe the excise cut not having desired effect on sales prompted manufacturer's to at least increase margins.
Old 14th April 2014, 23:07   #5818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
1. The cost of camera is 3k and does not include the display cost. You have the option to choose display from mahindra (to be precise dealer) or after market.

2. Yes, Mahindra has alloys for W6 and W4. Infact these alloys are better looking than the stock ones on W8. You need to negotiate hard on the price. Last I heard was that the dealer was asking 32k for four alloys.

3. None so far that I know of.

Hi TaureanBull,

Thanks for the replies. Actually, I am budget limited, and originally, my budget for a "car" was max 11 Lacs. However, upon seeing the features and road presence, I felt the splurge could be justified to whim & fancy, but the W8 is out of my reach, unless I get a new job

W6 is very tempting because of:
1) Climate Control (not possible to install in W4)
2) Infotainment system (display)
3) Cruise Control
4) Embedded Antenna (I listen to a lot of radio)
5) Fog Lamps
6) 8 way adjustable drive seat. What is 8 way BTW?

Other features might not matter much to me.

2) Display (possible to install as you have said). What would be its cost from a Mahindra dealer?
3) Does installation of display and camera mean that I get a reverse display? Even the monochrome display works for this purpose? Is this what Mahindra calls "Intellipark", or is that only the audible beeping?
4) Alloys - problem solved
5) Leather seats - not a problem

I have been quoted 11.98L all inclusive for the W4 and 13.3 for the W6. 1.3 Lacs is a lot to me, and of course, if I could get the basic set of W6 goodies mentioned above for say 30k, this would be great. Of course, I am not including the cost of leather seats and alloys (since W6 doesn't have this also).

I am getting 15k worth of free accessories from dealer for W6 (nothing for W4), so 3k for camera, leaves 12k for either seats or alloys :( but then I am molesting my bank account
Vandal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2014, 11:51   #5819
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
...6) 8 way adjustable drive seat. What is 8 way BTW?..
The first 6 should be these.

1. Move Front
2. Move Back
3. Move Up
4. Move Down
5. Move Backrest - Front
6. Move Backrest - Back

And rest two these?

7. Lumbar support - In ?
8. Lumbar support - Out ?
Old 15th April 2014, 12:15   #5820
BHPian

Dear Vandal,

My Family has W8.
But I would suggest W6 is best value for money.

Also I visited Mahindra dealer last week. They have lot of Inventories for W6, so negotiate hard. Threaten to take the XUV 500 from Pune.
Around 30K should be easily getable. Also please take insurance into your account and buy online.

You can buy the insurance from same company, who has your nearest service center tied up for cashless. On online insurance you try to get a dummy quote & give your correct mobile number and you would immediately get a call back offering further discount on online quote.

Regarding Features,
Monochrome display is very good, trust me, I like it better than Red display on W8.
Camera can be installed by Dealer only as its programmed

Intellipark is no great deal breaker.

Alloys & leather seat would be much cheaper outside & you can always buy later. Go for the basic W6 from budget point of view.

You may miss the seat height adjuster but remember W6 has steering tilt function and that should help.

Also if need height, while going for seat cover, you can always put extra foam (High Density)

Happy Shopping !
Wanderers is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed