Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2014, 16:06   #5941
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchan View Post
Ravi Sir, Thanks for your reply. I will get quote from other two dealers as well and update. Can you please throw some light on how to go about insurance off dealer?

I have been following your ownership thread and I have used your pics to convince people at home for Opulent Purple. You are true inspiration on driving. Salute!
Just tell him that you are going to arrange for your own Insurance. Period. I did that. Also, many organizations that pick up the vehicles for their employees have a fixed insurer and there again the dealer has to agree to that. So I don't see a big challenge there.

One tip here. In case you have another car and you want to sale that off please get your NCB transferred to this car. Even if you plan to retain the other car you may still want to do that. Of course you will have to transfer the other car to your spouse's (or any other) name and get the NCB transferred. I paid Rs.21000 for my insurance when I bought my XUV.
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2014, 16:56   #5942
BHPian

Hi all,

Might take the plunge for a satin white w6 this week. Shortlisted Duster, Terrano and Innova but chose XUV for being a better overall vehicle. Previous vehicle Scorpio sle 2009 has found a new owner. Dealer offering 15 k loyalty and 10 k cash dicount for a Rs. 12.12 Lac quote ex showroom in Jalandhar, Punjab. Insurance NCB will get transferred. Any more suggestions ?
Old 5th May 2014, 17:21   #5943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
If you have WD40, then please spray that on the affected portion and leave it for 5 minutes. Then clean it off.

If that does not work without scrubbing, then use a clay bar.

Please do not use petrol.
Sure,

I do not have WD 40. I will order one and clean it then.

I am anyway ordering a Jopasu duster set, SONAX glass shampoo concentrate. I am not sure if I should also order a polish. Turtle wax original PTFE and Turtle Wax Metal polish - both of them seem worth trying. Any suggestions between the two?

Any additional product I should order which is very useful (wheel cleaner, tyre cleaner, windshield cleaner liquids, vinyl cleaners etc.)? I am really a noob when it comes to car maintenance and any help would be really appreciated. I have read multiple blogs, forums and threads on team bhp to try and get up to speed.
Old 5th May 2014, 18:14   #5944
BHPian

Quote:
1. I am reading from the thread that all the initial major niggles are solved post Oct2013. May13 model that I test drove the brakes had a grinding feel and extreme tyre squeal under heavy breaking. Is this expected? I have asked for a newer vehicle to TD and the Sales consultant confirmed that he can arrange for the same this Saturday.
Fellow bhpians. Thanks for your valuable inputs on pricing and insurance on my new buy.

But my first question remains unanswered, can any of the new owners reply to this query?
Old 5th May 2014, 19:19   #5945
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Fellow bhpians. Thanks for your valuable inputs on pricing and insurance on my new buy.

But my first question remains unanswered, can any of the new owners reply to this query?
Quote:
May13 model that I test drove the brakes had a grinding feel and extreme tyre squeal under heavy breaking. Is this expected?
No... I don't think so. I have a 2012 model car, albeit one with multiple brake pad changes. But it does not make any more of that grinding noise. That's gone long back.

Tyre squeal can happen due to multiple reasons. Check whether the car is shod with Bridgestones or something else like JK Elanzo. Even the surface on which you were braking matters a lot and may cause tyre squeal if it is extremely polished or for any other reason offers low resistance/grip.
Old 5th May 2014, 19:30   #5946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
No... I don't think so. I have a 2012 model car, albeit one with multiple brake pad changes. But it does not make any more of that grinding noise. That's gone long back.

Tyre squeal can happen due to multiple reasons. Check whether the car is shod with Bridgestones or something else like JK Elanzo. Even the surface on which you were braking matters a lot and may cause tyre squeal if it is extremely polished or for any other reason offers low resistance/grip.
Thanks Zappo for the update. I was trying this on a empty Hosur Road highway; I remember it was wearing Bridgestones. I guess its a poorly maintained TD car. I was more interested in hearing it from the horse's mouth rather than taking the words from the sales department.
Anyways my TD is confirmed this Saturday on a newer car and I would be booking most probably this weekend if things go well.
Old 6th May 2014, 00:36   #5947
BHPian

I have a W8 bought 3 months old, I have got the bridgestone tyres and I have noticed many a times on heavy breaking not even at great speeds the tyre squeals. Any particular reason, I never faced this issue on my Scorpio with same make of tyres.
kARTIK IYER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2014, 08:29   #5948
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8763 View Post
Hi all,

Might take the plunge for a satin white w6 this week.

I do not think satin white is available in W6.
It's available only in W8.

Pardon my ignorance if new changes in colour scheme availability has been made by Mahindra.
Atleast till a couple of months back, this was the case.
Old 6th May 2014, 08:58   #5949
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
I do not think satin white is available in W6.
It's available only in W8.

Pardon my ignorance if new changes in colour scheme availability has been made by Mahindra.
Atleast till a couple of months back, this was the case.
SATIN WHITE is available in W6 model . It was recently introduced in March 2014.
undead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2014, 09:43   #5950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
SATIN WHITE is available in W6 model . It was recently introduced in March 2014.
I was not aware on the availability of Satin white on the W6 either. Any other new colors added on the W6 variant post March 2014?
Old 6th May 2014, 10:05   #5951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Cant actually make out why there seems to be different in height. Sometimes looks as an illusion due to color sometimes may be due to wear out tyres and difference in air pressure so I meassured, the difference in height was actually there. Went out and took few pics have a look.

In first pic compare with the wall periphery in the background. The Grey one looks taller.
Attachment 1237331

I only had this to measure bumper line from ground and there you can see a difference of 1 to 1 1/2 inch in height, there was about 1/2 inch difference in gap between tyre and fender too.
Attachment 1237332
Attachment 1237333

it is only from the front (bonet) which looks of more height , overall height is same . I do not think 1 to 1.5 inch can be due to tyre . Will check against a new one .
Old 6th May 2014, 11:43   #5952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kARTIK IYER View Post
I have a W8 bought 3 months old, I have got the bridgestone tyres and I have noticed many a times on heavy breaking not even at great speeds the tyre squeals. Any particular reason, I never faced this issue on my Scorpio with same make of tyres.
Thanks for the input Kartik, will check the same on this weekend TD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPo View Post
I was not aware on the availability of Satin white on the W6 either. Any other new colors added on the W6 variant post March 2014?
I have no idea on what colors were added post Mar'14.
But following are the colors on offers as of this week.
W4:
VALCANO BLACK,
MOONDUST SILVER,
DOLPHIN GREY

W6:
VALCANO BLACK,
DOLPHIN GREY,
MOONDUST SILVER,
TUSCAN RED,
SATIN WHITE

W8:
VALCANO BLACK,
DOLPHIN GREY,
WHITE SATIN,
OPULENT PURPLE,
MOONDUST SILVER,
TUSCAN RED

W8 AWD:
VALCANO BLACK,
DOLPHIN GREY,
SATIN WHITE,
OPULENT PURPLE
Chuchan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2014, 20:18   #5953
Senior - BHPian

The latest colour combinations are as under (as per M&M XUV website):-

http://mahindraxuv500.com/product/co...htm?page=color

Satin White and Dolphin Grey have been added as colour options for W6.
Old 7th May 2014, 14:19   #5954
BHPian

Thinking of changing my XUV's tyres as she is nearing nearly 50,000 KMs on the Odo.

The original set it came with were Bridgestones and they are extremely noisy tyres (squeal like mad on most surfaces; especially underground parking)! Any suggestions on which to go with?

The car runs mainly on city with a lot of Highway running i.e. barely any offroading!
Old 7th May 2014, 14:44   #5955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Even I have won the miniature model

This was the message received:
Attachment 1212168

Hopefully this would be a detailed one compared to the one I bought from Ebay.
Wondering whether you actually received yours?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks