Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2014, 14:48   #5956
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by reevester View Post
Wondering whether you actually received yours?
No buddy I haven't received it. I followed up with them couple of times but no news from them. How about you?
Old 7th May 2014, 14:51   #5957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
No buddy I haven't received it. I followed up with them couple of times but no news from them. How about you?
Me neither! Asked them multiple times but no response.....

I just b*tched about it to their twitter handle.
Old 7th May 2014, 14:55   #5958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Me neither! Asked them multiple times but no response.....

I just b*tched about it to their twitter handle.
I have retweeted your tweet, let's see how Mahindra responds. If this is the attitude from Mahindra, then probably they might lose a customer very soon.
Old 7th May 2014, 15:19   #5959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvoyeur View Post
Sure,

Any additional product I should order which is very useful (wheel cleaner, tyre cleaner, windshield cleaner liquids, vinyl cleaners etc.)? I am really a noob when it comes to car maintenance and any help would be really appreciated.
Post your query here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...guide-570.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchan View Post
Thanks for the input Kartik, will check the same on this weekend TD.

W8:
VALCANO BLACK,
DOLPHIN GREY,
WHITE SATIN,
OPULENT PURPLE,
MOONDUST SILVER,
TUSCAN RED
My sister got a blue W8 and it looks very nice. That was in the month of April. I think it is made to order along with the red colour.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 17:23   #5960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wondering whether you actually received yours?
Hi Reevester,

It is pure co incidence I can say, just now I received the scale model from Mahindra.

But it is not detailed as I expected, they have not detailed interiors and also exteriors does not look that good. I think pictures will explain better:

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-wp_20140507_16_53_48_pro.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-wp_20140507_17_09_41_pro.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-wp_20140507_17_09_53_pro.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-wp_20140507_17_10_22_pro.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-wp_20140507_17_10_48_pro.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-wp_20140507_17_10_57_pro.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-wp_20140507_17_11_07_pro.jpg
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 19:29   #5961
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thinking of changing my XUV's tyres as she is nearing nearly 50,000 KMs on the Odo.

The original set it came with were Bridgestones and they are extremely noisy tyres (squeal like mad on most surfaces; especially underground parking)! Any suggestions on which to go with?

The car runs mainly on city with a lot of Highway running i.e. barely any offroading!
Well i thought Bridgestone were better tiers. I have JK's and they are noisy as hell so little surprised to see your comments. Infact mine too is nearing 50K so i would be in search too soon and had Bridgestone as one of the contenders.

How bout Continental, they should be good. Or maybe Geolandars. Hankook looks appealing with there white markings but have not heard good reviews of them. Oh and Goodyear for 12K a piece is a nice option too.
Old 7th May 2014, 23:05   #5962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Hi Reevester,

It is pure co incidence I can say, just now I received the scale model from Mahindra.

But it is not detailed as I expected, they have not detailed interiors and also exteriors does not look that good. I think pictures will explain better:
Hahaha you will not believe this, but I got home sometime back and the courier had reached me too! Earlier today the folks from Mahindra's head office in Bbay called to apologize and confirm that its on its way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Well i thought Bridgestone were better tiers. I have JK's and they are noisy as hell so little surprised to see your comments. Infact mine too is nearing 50K so i would be in search too soon and had Bridgestone as one of the contenders.

How bout Continental, they should be good. Or maybe Geolandars. Hankook looks appealing with there white markings but have not heard good reviews of them. Oh and Goodyear for 12K a piece is a nice option too.
Goodyear's for 12K a piece is not bad at all! My only concern is my spare is a Bridgestone, so my OCD is kicking in as to whether I should have two separate make of tyres on the same car (although not in use at the same time unless I have a flat!).

I may look at upgrading to some other Bridgestone model (starting my research tomorrow). Shall keep you posted!
reevester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 12:59   #5963
BHPian

Quote:
Thinking of changing my XUV's tyres as she is nearing nearly 50,000 KMs on the Odo.

The original set it came with were Bridgestones and they are extremely noisy tyres (squeal like mad on most surfaces; especially underground parking)! Any suggestions on which to go with?

The car runs mainly on city with a lot of Highway running i.e. barely any offroading!
My new W4 has JKTyre Elanzo and I find the perfect. They are for sure not noisy tyres , I also have a basement parking.

How does the engine feel as you have completed 50K. Overall do you think the car ages well ?
Old 8th May 2014, 13:04   #5964
BHPian

[quote=fusionbang;3429196]Hi Reevester,

Quote:
Hahaha you will not believe this, but I got home sometime back and the courier had reached me too! Earlier today the folks from Mahindra's head office in Bbay called to apologize and confirm that its on its way!
Guys what is the process of getting this.. Never got any communication or sms or emails for such an item. Do we need to register somewhere or send some inputs... Though not highly detailed, would still love to have a piece.

FundaG
Old 8th May 2014, 13:27   #5965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post

Guys what is the process of getting this.. Never got any communication or sms or emails for such an item. Do we need to register somewhere or send some inputs... Though not highly detailed, would still love to have a piece.

FundaG
There is no process as such. Actually there was a contest on their official Facebook page and we had answered the questions correctly to win these.

Probably you can follow their Facebook page and you might get a chance to win one of these sometime.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 16:09   #5966
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:

Mine came with bridgestone as stock. Infact I saw all W8s with bridgestones. Possibly for that batch or may be only for W8s.

Personally, I have not found the tyres noisy or may be the insulation is too good.

Although I admit there have not been hard braking incidents and I dont want too. I drive at sedate pace and anticipate in advance. In any case I expect the tyres to squeal while hard braking be it any brand. Without hard braking BS are not noisy.
Old 8th May 2014, 16:19   #5967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
My new W4 has JKTyre Elanzo and I find the perfect. They are for sure not noisy tyres , I also have a basement parking.

How does the engine feel as you have completed 50K. Overall do you think the car ages well ?
Interesting. Will have to evaluate JK Tyres as part of my buying process!

The engine still feels just as creamy and i have a huge smile on my face every time that turbo kicks in when on the 2nd and 3rd gear. Plan to get her serviced then a 3M treatment before the rains as part of her yearly maintenance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
FundaG
It was a random contest on their Facebook page sirji. I just got lucky I guess.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Mine came with bridgestone as stock. Infact I saw all W8s with bridgestones. Possibly for that batch or may be only for W8s.

Personally, I have not found the tyres noisy or may be the insulation is too good.

Although I admit there have not been hard braking incidents and I dont want too. I drive at sedate pace and anticipate in advance. In any case I expect the tyres to squeal while hard braking be it any brand. Without hard braking BS are not noisy.
Bridgestones are reliable, that I have to admit. I drive my xuv a bit hard and I can attest to the fact that even under hard braking, they hold their ground.

However, off late the overall grip of the tires seems reduced (even though the treads look visually perfect). Encounter some accidental burnouts under hard accelerating (love the XUV torque) and a lot of squealing when the tyres are particularly warm. I drive a lot on the highway and it sounds as though I'm drifting when I park my car in the basement at the end of a trip.

On a side-note, any Bridgestone dealer reading this and care to give me a good quote?
Old 8th May 2014, 19:16   #5968
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Dont worry, let it complete few thousand KMs and you will see what i mean

As for engine, it is as smooth as it was brand new.
Old 8th May 2014, 20:43   #5969
BHPian

Quote:
Dont worry, let it complete few thousand KMs and you will see what i mean 12345678Aa
As for engine, it is as smooth as it was brand new.

We'll in that case JK and Bridgestone tyres behave the same way. ;-)
And it's reassuring to know the engine performance.
Old 9th May 2014, 13:23   #5970
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Well i thought Bridgestone were better tiers
Quote:
My new W4 has JKTyre Elanzo and I find the perfect
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Mine came with bridgestone as stock.
Checked out prices on changemytyre.com
The cheapest is Apollo Hawkz. I've done 16K on them and they look very good. If they last till 50K, I'll definitely use them.
Attached Images

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks