Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2014, 13:04   #6061
BHPian

Re: wheel alignment and balancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Yes, It does interfere. I Know that too . But the bull bar was required to protect the headlights and the bumper from cyclists and two wheelers. I know its a negative point on safety measure. My apologies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
One thing i would like to add is that the rear bumper are so so strong that they can handle real abuse.
I totally agree with nitinralli on the bumper. I had a front collision during my initial days in a similar circumstance where the car in front braked suddenly and XUV's brakes dint work as expected (the old ones). Was expecting a major damage to the front bumper. But it just absorbed the impact. Seems there was a metal rod behind the bumper to take on such impacts, and it was slightly bent. But the bumper as such didnt have any damage. And as discussed several times earlier, the bull bars could affect the airbag deployment, which I believe is far more important to all of us, in case of a frontal hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balan View Post
Irrespective of the summer heat and bad blower design in the XUV, I extensively use the micro hybrid as it helps to save fuel.
Best regards
Bala
Like some one else quoted earlier, I am also not aware of the amount of fuel savings. The reasons that prompted me to discontinue usage of microhybrid were

1. Its said effect on the turbo. Not a major issue when driving in cities and while in heavy traffic. And if required there is the option to keep the clutch depressed for some 10-15 secs to give time for the turbo to cool off before the engine switches off. And to switch the feature off completely on the highways.

2. Fusing of bulbs. One of the reasons given by RM's for the low beam bulbs to fuse was because of the cranking of the engine with the lights ON. A situation that happens mostly when in autolight mode. When driving in the night with the start/stop enabled, every time the car starts up, it turns OFF/ON the lights. Though it is claimed that there is an inbuilt mechanism to protect the bulbs in such situations, no RM I interacted with gives a 100% guarantee for this. If the bulb fuses it either has to be replaced with the spare ones or get new ones. And in case the HID kit is installed, like in my case, getting the bulbs makes it harder on the pocket. I have heard that there is a new wire harness that solves this issue and protects the bulbs from fusing in such situations. If anyone has got it replaced, maybe they can comment on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconion View Post
I received my AWD with Apollo Tyres. When I looked around the dealership and the service center I saw many Bridgestone and Apollo Tyres. Asked around and they said they have not been getting any XUVs with JK Tyres because of several issues with them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPo View Post
Yes, most of the XUV's come with Bridgestone or Apollo these days. Have heard from a friend who works at JK tyres that they receive a lot of complaints from the elanzo's on XUV's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulraxx View Post
I was also told by the Sales executive that all the AWD's that have been sold from his dealership have had Bridgestones only. Is that the case ? Also, are the Bridgestones good or should I consider JK Tyres ?
I also have JK on my car. Even after getting the wheel aligned and balanced multiple times, it still is not perfect to my satisfaction. Had got it done both at the ASC as well as at Madhus, a reputed tyre shop in Bangalore. And as commented by the technicians at Madhus as well as other XUV owners, JK tyres seems to be the culprit for the car drifting to the right or left. Some of them had got it replaced with bridgestones and appears the problem got solved. AWD's appears to be more affected and could be the reason they come with only BS nowadays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianNomad View Post
Can we get the wheel alignment and balancing done at local alignment centres or should the XUV alignment be done only at Mahindra ASC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
In XUV only Toe can be adjusted. Also my RM mentioned it is better to do such in the authorised service centre
Wheel alignment can be done outside also. As long as they have the right machinery. If the ASC has the right technicians and machinery, then it is always better. Atleast it will be free of cost. RM's will never suggest going outside for anything.

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2014, 15:48   #6062
BHPian

Currently I don’t have any problem with my XUV alignment, it’s just a periodic one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Tata Safari DICOR Camber adjustment requires Shim removal etc., which is very complicated. Therefore, if your camber is out, its best to go to a workshop. If XUV Toe, caster and camber all three are adjusted by turning the nuts, then it can be done at any alignment center which is equipped to do alignment for alloy wheels
Is alignment and balancing of Alloy wheels different from regular ones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
Wheel alignment can be done outside also. As long as they have the right machinery. If the ASC has the right technicians and machinery, then it is always better. Atleast it will be free of cost. RM's will never suggest going outside for anything.
I have purchased mine from VVC Motors Hyderabad and my RM was never introduced to me, only that I got few SMS mentioning my RM name and contact number from Mahindra.
Once I asked my RM at ASC regarding alignment and he said currently their equipment is down and also didn’t speak encouragingly about getting it done there only.

Can XUV owners from Hyderabad suggest a good outlet who can deal with XUV’s.
Old 20th May 2014, 23:18   #6063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianNomad View Post
I have purchased mine from VVC Motors Hyderabad and my RM was never introduced to me, only that I got few SMS mentioning my RM name and contact number from Mahindra.
Once I asked my RM at ASC regarding alignment and he said currently their equipment is down and also didn’t speak encouragingly about getting it done there only.

Can XUV owners from Hyderabad suggest a good outlet who can deal with XUV’s.
Dont worry bout this. Get the alignment done from a good place around your place. Mahindra people will keep on scaring you on all these things so don't worry. If you trust and know that your local garage person has the right equipment to do this, then go for it.
nitinralli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2014, 14:14   #6064
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Hi Folks!
Since yesterday I hear a "kirrrr..rrrr" sound of 2 secs approximately when the rear passenger side door auto locks. Any one with same issues? Any suggestions?
Old 21st May 2014, 16:07   #6065
BHPian

Posting the query again as it might have been missed in my earlier long posts.

Anyone (specifically from Bangalore) know of any upholstery shop which would have art leather/leather material matching the walnut interiors? I have been struggling to get seat covers for my Black W6. The one gsports offers does not exactly match the interior colors.
Old 21st May 2014, 16:20   #6066
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
....Anyone (specifically from Bangalore) know of any upholstery shop which would have art leather/leather material matching the walnut interiors? ...
You could try calling up the merchants listed in our directory section. I believe those guys will have any color to match as they customize according to the customer's taste.
Old 21st May 2014, 16:44   #6067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
Posting the query again as it might have been missed in my earlier long posts.

Anyone (specifically from Bangalore) know of any upholstery shop which would have art leather/leather material matching the walnut interiors? I have been struggling to get seat covers for my Black W6. The one gsports offers does not exactly match the interior colors.
Try this shop Nitin Automobiles in JC Road. He will help you source the seat covers for your XUV.
Old 21st May 2014, 16:53   #6068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Hi Folks!
Since yesterday I hear a "kirrrr..rrrr" sound of 2 secs approximately when the rear passenger side door auto locks. Any one with same issues? Any suggestions?
Seems like passenger door Actuator (which controls locking and unlocking) acting up...
vaasu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2014, 18:06   #6069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasu View Post
Seems like passenger door Actuator (which controls locking and unlocking) acting up...
Any fast or DIY route? Or that I would have to visit the service centre?

I would not be able to visit at least for one week.
Old 21st May 2014, 19:55   #6070
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi Folks!
Are you sure its the door and not the mirrors folding?
The mirror-folding is noisy. Please check.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2014, 22:04   #6071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Are you sure its the door and not the mirrors folding?
The mirror-folding is noisy. Please check.
Already explained in the niggles thread. Mirror folding is not in operation/not being operated when this problem is encountered. This sound is pretty loud though only for two seconds.
Old 21st May 2014, 22:36   #6072
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Came across this mad XUV on Facebook!

I know some may not like it as is probably a bit overdone, but I was completely drooling over the pictures.

Looks awesome IMO.

Check it out.

Cheerzzz
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-10273472_674947972554953_2357239049331592060_n.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-10361562_674947992554951_7875440254100455393_n.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-10375144_674948062554944_7792004450675253615_n.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-10382723_674948025888281_6760803239544263186_n.jpg  

Sisu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2014, 06:53   #6073
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisu View Post
Came across this mad XUV on Facebook!
Absolutely preposterous!
An unnecessary overkill of an already overdone exterior.
M35 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2014, 07:09   #6074
BHPian

This looks like a knight rider - xuv cross. It absolutely maniacal - but I love it.
Old 22nd May 2014, 10:09   #6075
BHPian

Quote:
Any fast or DIY route? Or that I would have to visit the service centre?

I would not be able to visit at least for one week.
I had the same issue with my Santro's passenger door, which required changing of Actuator by the service center.
Not aware about any DIY to fix it. Perhaps it will be fixed under warranty for you by service center?

Thanks.

Last edited by vaasu : 22nd May 2014 at 10:10.
vaasu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks