Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2014, 18:19   #6091
BHPian

Guys,

My XUV goes for its first service tomorrow. Any advice on what needs to be taken care.Please suggest
Old 30th May 2014, 19:44   #6092
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Ok Folks!
I visited the Utkal Automobiles Service Centre in Bhubaneshwar today to rectify the door lock problem. The showed the floor manager "krrrr..rrr" sound in the rear passenger side lock while auto-locking. I was given time to attend to the problem.
As the murphy works, as soon as the door was opened (could not see the three month old baby getting operated), the problem got solved. Infact the mechanic was baffled that the problem did not exist. Thanks to the floor manager who intervened and was determined to sort out the problem. After 8-10 locking/unlocking actions the problem reappeared.

Further investigation led to the conclusion that the lock assembly was defective. A sound recording was sent to M&M as mine being the upgraded version and this problem being reported as first. Thereafter the assembly was replaced free of cost. Infact, it turned out that the sound from other doors was also on the higher side though pattern was normal. Now the locking is very quite and could be missed with little loud music.

A good professional job by the service centre.
TaureanBull is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st June 2014, 14:49   #6093
Senior - BHPian

New flyer from Team Purple:

Dear Member,
On the occasion of the launch of our all-new website, relish the flavour and indulge
in your favourite culinary creations at Taj Hotels, Resorts & Palaces.
Purple Club is treating you to a fine dining experience with an exclusive 20% off* on
dining at Taj Hotels, Resorts & Palaces# along with a membership from Taj InnerCircle.
To avail the offer, log on to www.mahindrapurpleclub.com.
Team Purple Club
purpleclub@mahindra.com
nitinralli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2014, 17:56   #6094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
New flyer from Team Purple:

Dear Member,
On the occasion of the launch of our all-new website, relish the flavour and indulge
in your favourite culinary creations at Taj Hotels, Resorts & Palaces.
Purple Club is treating you to a fine dining experience with an exclusive 20% off* on
dining at Taj Hotels, Resorts & Palaces# along with a membership from Taj InnerCircle.
To avail the offer, log on to www.mahindrapurpleclub.com.
Team Purple Club
purpleclub@mahindra.com
Thank you. just registered on the site. I also realised today after calling the call centre that the dealership had given all wrong details of my contacts and email id's. Have got the same corrected for now.
Old 1st June 2014, 19:37   #6095
Senior - BHPian

Opened LHS passenger door for repair of the auto locking mechanism. I hope it was fitted back to the original state!

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_5360.jpg
TaureanBull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2014, 09:09   #6096
BHPian

This is the second time the mobile charger in the dash has blown its fuse in my XUV W4. Last time it was near the first service so didnt feel much pressure. This time I am in middle of a long travel and it has blown again. Where is this fuse located? I ant see it in the vehicle book. For the scorpio, it was below the steering wheel and easy to replae as it was properly labelled. There is a bunch of fuses below the steering wheel in XUV but they are not labelled. Can somebody please help?

What is the fuel tank capacity? The electronic fuel indicator was showing 2 points and still I managed to fill 67 liters. My brother in law filled 72 liters at almost dry level indicator during his ride to murdeshwar.

Best regards
Bala
Old 2nd June 2014, 10:34   #6097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balan View Post
This is the second time the mobile charger in the dash has blown its fuse in my XUV W4. Last time it was near the first service so didnt feel much pressure. This time I am in middle of a long travel and it has blown again. Where is this fuse located? I ant see it in the vehicle book. For the scorpio, it was below the steering wheel and easy to replae as it was properly labelled. There is a bunch of fuses below the steering wheel in XUV but they are not labelled. Can somebody please help?

What is the fuel tank capacity? The electronic fuel indicator was showing 2 points and still I managed to fill 67 liters. My brother in law filled 72 liters at almost dry level indicator during his ride to murdeshwar.

Best regards
Bala
As per the website and owners manual, its 70 liters.
Old 2nd June 2014, 11:53   #6098
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balan View Post
This is the second time the mobile charger in the dash has blown its fuse in my XUV W4.... Where is this fuse located? I ant see it in the vehicle book.

Best regards
Bala
As you know, the XUV has three 12V sockets, and the fuses for these are located in the extreme driver-side end of the dashboard. Please refer the diagram for more directions.

The culprit fuse should be the 18th one, as per your post. Fuses 16 and 17 are for the other 12V sockets. Fuse #39 is a spare fuse, so you may use that as replacement. In fact, fuses 37 to 42 are spares. Ref the second image.

Disclaimer: Be advised that I never tried this, because I never had to face any issue with my XUV till today, thank God.

Edit: added the second image.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-fuses.gif  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-fuses2.gif  

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 2nd June 2014 at 12:15.
sandeepmdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 20:13   #6099
BHPian

Hello Friends
I wanted to buy a second hand W8 XUV 500 of about 2 years old. What should be the expected price should I get a 2nd hand 1-2 year old XUV 500 for ?
Regards
Harpreet
Old 3rd June 2014, 21:47   #6100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
I wanted to buy a second hand W8 XUV 500
Harpeet, you may get better reply for the query here
Old 3rd June 2014, 22:52   #6101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Hello Friends
I wanted to buy a second hand W8 XUV 500 of about 2 years old. What should be the expected price should I get a 2nd hand 1-2 year old XUV 500 for ?
Regards
Harpreet
Since you are based around delhi, please check out classified section of this site. There is one W8 i saw in delhi thats on sale i guess around 9+ lakhs.

Ok i just checked its the W6 for 990K. Theres one W8 too but its around 110K. Below is the link to W6.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...a/XUV500.html/

Last edited by nitinralli : 3rd June 2014 at 22:58.
Old 7th June 2014, 15:03   #6102
BHPian

Guys, i want to get the auto folding mirrors on my W6. Any comments on the feasibility, my guess is it should be pretty straight forward. Any additional wiring needs and what would be the cost?
Old 7th June 2014, 15:16   #6103
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
Guys, i want to get the auto folding mirrors on my W6. Any comments on the feasibility, my guess is it should be pretty straight forward. Any additional wiring needs and what would be the cost?
If I remember correctly, the wing-mirrors with the auto-folding motors inside on the W8 are 15000 Rs a piece. Besides the mirrors, you would need a mechanism to add the manual-mirror-folding switch just ahead of the 4 power-window switches on the driver side. Would possibly involve wiring change as well and some programming change as the mirrors auto-fold and auto-open on shutting down and starting the engine respectively. Add labour at M&M A.S.S. on top of that. I wont be surprised if the cost of the project goes above 40,000 Rs. Not worth it, if you ask me.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2014, 15:29   #6104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
If I remember correctly, the wing-mirrors with the auto-folding motors inside on the W8 are 15000 Rs a piece. Besides the mirrors, you would need a mechanism to add the manual-mirror-folding switch just ahead of the 4 power-window switches on the driver side. Would possibly involve wiring change as well and some programming change as the mirrors auto-fold and auto-open on shutting down and starting the engine respectively. Add labour at M&M A.S.S. on top of that. I wont be surprised if the cost of the project goes above 40,000 Rs. Not worth it, if you ask me.

There is a location for the switch ahead of the mirror adjustment controls. They have closed the hole, it can be opened. Cost aspect seems quite a bit. Let me check with the ASS if its doable.

Edit: Just checked with ASS, the cost is Rs 8,000 a piece so Rs 16,000 for the pair. So my bet is, the whole setup should not cost more than 20 K.

Last edited by gurudutt : 7th June 2014 at 15:39.
gurudutt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2014, 20:29   #6105
BHPian

My XUV has got her first major scratch on her left bumper corner :(. Any advice on how to fix it and prevent such scratches from happening again. This might have happened during my recent trip to coorg couple of days back.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-20140607_193856.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks