Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2014, 20:54   #6496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fornax View Post

Overall, I am glad to know there are alternatives, mind sharing the ugrade cost?
There won't be any upgrade cost if the vehicle is under warranty. It will be totally free.
rahul_kej is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 21:53   #6497
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
Folks..I remember reading somewhere that XUV has a speed sensing volume control. Is that the case? If yes how do we enable that?
Just click on Menu on the dashboard. Click on Sound and it should be there.
falconion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 21:56   #6498
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fornax View Post
I cannot tell the age but it had 38k on the odo and had a white background numberplate. It was quite clearly a reserved for tests / abuse vehicle and atleast three indicators (airbag, hand brake and one other) were permanently on.

Overall, I am glad to know there are alternatives, mind sharing the ugrade cost?
Was done under warranty for me.
Old 11th September 2014, 20:55   #6499
Senior - BHPian

Came across this pic in Facebook, one of the best colors I have seen for an XUV till now. Mahindra can you come up with this color as a limited edition

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-10696297_10202712016137119_667954610105159297_n.jpg
fusionbang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 23:40   #6500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Came across this pic in Facebook, one of the best colors I have seen for an XUV till now. Mahindra can you come up with this color as a limited edition
At first glance I was all WOWWWWWWW

Then I kept staring at it, and the more I stared, the more I didn't like it.

I'd prefer a complete matte black XUV with a racing strip down the light + angel lights (why has no 3rd party accessory maker made one as yet?!?!) + the 20 spoke wheel like how Range Rovers come equipped with. That would definitely blow my mind visually.
reevester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 08:00   #6501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
The Cheetah looks stunning indeed. By the way it was a wrap job done by D.A.D design studio, Mumbai & was shared on their facebook page.

More pictures on their facebook page. Link
ViPo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2014, 23:42   #6502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dine View Post
I would recommend India Garage in Guindy, Chennai.
David is the Service Advisor and he works too good.
I had serviced thrice so far and few niggles, every time, he fixes it
Yesterday I was told by the sales head of KTC Mahindra Kochi that in older version on infotainment software reverse camera worked on both modes. After the software update it is working only in either of the modes (reverse gear or from infotainment screen). He is going to confirm this with Mahindra and get back to me in couple of days.
gpriyesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2014, 23:56   #6503
BHPian

It would be very helpful if someone who got seat covers installed on there W6 or W4 could share the details.

As all the seats have a hard back it won't be easy to install the seat covers specially bucket type.

It would be really helpful for the new owners if some one could share the experience in details.

Thanks,

Rahul
Old 15th September 2014, 12:25   #6504

Hey fellow BHPians! Just got my XUV last week. Read the team BHP running in guide and car care guides, etc. in great detail. Quick questions:

1. What is the ideal running in period of the XUV 500? My RM (Sireesh Auto, Marathahalli) suggests that it's fine to do highway trips but not to speed more than 80-100 till 1000 kms. The team bhp guide suggests against highway driving at all since it won't expose the engine to varying RPMs. A service advisor from mahindra came to visit my home after 3 days of purchase for a demo of the car and to make sure everything is working well (really good initiative by mahindra!). When I asked him, he simply smiled and gave me an example of a customer who bought the car and took it on a 26 day all-india tour with his family from day 1 What running in best practices do bhpians recommend for the XUV?

2. The RM said there's no need to change the engine oil at 1000 kms and that no intervention is required till 5000 kms (first service). Should I still change it as per team bhp's running guide's recommendation?
Old 15th September 2014, 13:12   #6505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by singhangad View Post
Hey fellow BHPians! Just got my XUV last week. Read the team BHP running in guide and car care guides, etc. in great detail. Quick questions:

1. What is the ideal running in period of the XUV 500? My RM (Sireesh Auto, Marathahalli) suggests that it's fine to do highway trips but not to speed more than 80-100 till 1000 kms. The team bhp guide suggests against highway driving at all since it won't expose the engine to varying RPMs. A service advisor from mahindra came to visit my home after 3 days of purchase for a demo of the car and to make sure everything is working well (really good initiative by mahindra!). When I asked him, he simply smiled and gave me an example of a customer who bought the car and took it on a 26 day all-india tour with his family from day 1 What running in best practices do bhpians recommend for the XUV?

2. The RM said there's no need to change the engine oil at 1000 kms and that no intervention is required till 5000 kms (first service). Should I still change it as per team bhp's running guide's recommendation?
Congratulations on purchasing the beast.

Though company has suggested a run in period of 1000km with no specific speed and rpm i would still suggest to be soft with it for 2000kms. Maintain speed below 100 and don't revv the engine to high rpms. Try to keep it below 2.5k. Highway drive shouldnt be an issue if you follow the above.

About 1st servicing, few bhpians have reported the engine oil to be in very good condition when it was drained after 5000kms without any metal particles. As i got my XUV just two weeks back i will stick to the above procedure regarding run in period and even will get engine oil replaced at 5000kms, whenever i achieve it as there is no time factor.
Old 16th September 2014, 12:46   #6506
BHPian

Hi Guys,

my Oct 2013 XUV W8 has got its first issue: left projector lamp has stopped working. I am not sure if its fused or something else but I inquired with my workshop in Bangalore and they said that the head lamps (bulbs) aint being covered under warranty or as known defect. Anybody had similar experience recently as I thought XUV has been known for such electrical faults and those get replaced without any hassle/charges.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Also, would like to know if anyone opted for extended warranty (additional 2 Yrs/50k Kms).

Rgds

Last edited by WheelWake : 16th September 2014 at 12:49.
Old 16th September 2014, 13:51   #6507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWake View Post
Hi Guys,

my Oct 2013 XUV W8 has got its first issue: left projector lamp has stopped working. I am not sure if its fused or something else but I inquired with my workshop in Bangalore and they said that the head lamps (bulbs) aint being covered under warranty or as known defect. Anybody had similar experience recently as I thought XUV has been known for such electrical faults and those get replaced without any hassle/charges.

Also, would like to know if anyone opted for extended warranty (additional 2 Yrs/50k Kms).

Rgds
The lamp is very well covered under warraty. Many of our XUV owners have got the unit replaced under warranty. Do check with your RM, check with another service centre and finally, search XUV owneship threads and send those links to customer care. I am sure yours would be replaced under warranty too.

In fact someone has quoted that XUV will be an expensive vehicle to maintain post-warranty
Old 16th September 2014, 14:08   #6508
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Rgds
Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
The lamp is very well covered under warraty. Many of our XUV owners have got the unit replaced under warranty. Do check with your RM, check with another service centre and finally, search XUV owneship threads and send those links to customer care. I am sure yours would be replaced under warranty too.
As per my understanding, the actual bulbs are not covered under warranty. Should be less than 500 Rs. per piece.

There have been lots of cases (in initial batches) where LEDs in the headlight unit fused and complete headlight unit was replaced under warranty as the LEDs are integrated with the headlight unit. Most likely you are talking about those warranty replacements.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 14:31   #6509
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I inquired with my workshop in Bangalore and they said that the head lamps (bulbs) aint being covered under warranty or as known defect.
Do check with another service centre too.
My cousin who owns a June 13 model W8 also faced the same issue, he took the vehicle to Sireesh auto Madiwala and got the bulb replaced after paying ~ 500 Rs. Though he did not receive / forgot to collect the bill for the same.

Few months later the other side bulb also went kaput, he got it replaced for free from service center in Calicut, KL.

So you can try your luck with any other service center.
Old 16th September 2014, 14:53   #6510
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Rgds
Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post

In fact someone has quoted that XUV will be an expensive vehicle to maintain post-warranty
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
As per my understanding, the actual bulbs are not covered under warranty. Should be less than 500 Rs. per piece.

There have been lots of cases (in initial batches) where LEDs in the headlight unit fused and complete headlight unit was replaced under warranty as the LEDs are integrated with the headlight unit. Most likely you are talking about those warranty replacements.
If your bulb pops for the first time, its NOT covered under warranty. But if it pops after you get it changed, then they will replace it for free.

Since we are speaking of the warranty, when I recently visited the SC I was told that the warranty of the first lot of XUVs was extended. I bought my XUV in 2012 and when checking on their site, it says that the warranty expires in May, 2015.

How many years warranty does the car come with?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks