Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2014, 09:16   #6721
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Thanks, I will check with them why the price difference. Is the camera really necessary? How good/bad the experience is without the camera? Also, is there any good places to get the camera fixed in Cochin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
Justin - TVS charges very high rate for reverse cam. They quoted 10k for me. Ktc sells it for 3500.
So, these are not very special prices just for me, I guess. Did you get it from KTC?

Also what about the price for side steps? Anyone know any good places to get the aftermarket ones in Cochin?
Old 1st November 2014, 10:06   #6722
BHPian

Hi Guys, I have booked the XUV 500 W6 Tuscan Red just a Few days back at Thane. Expected delivery date is 15th Nov-14. Must say that the decision to go on for XUV is has been greatly influenced by your reviews and inputs in this thread as well as couple of ownership threads by BHPIAN’s.So Sincere thanks to everyone for the contributions here. I was driving a Vento TDI Diesel since last 4 years and had crossed the 1 Lakh kms mark- Driving a Vento without warranty post 1 lakh kms is like sitting on top of a ticking time bomb. Had incurred High Maintenance costs even within warranty, Of course my passion for Road trips was also to blame. Had taken the vento on a Mumbai-Srinagar-Leh-Manali road trip as well. Want to do the same circuit again and much more and that’s where I felt that I should go in for an XUV.

Needed your valuable inputs on the following
1)W6 does not have alloys and hence plan was to have them fitted from dealer. Global Gallarie thane is only offering the Speed alloys and not the regular factory fitted W8 Model Alloys. The speed alloys by its thin intricate design leads me to think that it has a higher propensity of breakage in case of high speed dunking on potholes. Need you views on the same. Is there any source from where I can fit the W8 Alloys or any other options / brands which are bet fit. Again does fitting the alloys from outside void the warranty.

2)Basis view expressed in this thread plan to upgrade the W6 Music Set up. The question again is would this void the warranty ?

Kindly share your views on the same. Also feel to share any other related views that may be of help.Thanks.
Old 1st November 2014, 15:39   #6723
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra is developing a petrol powered XUV500 primarily for export markets.

This petrol motor is likely to produce 140 bhp, identical to the 2.2 litre diesel engine's figure. Torque figures still remain unknown. The bottom block of the petrol motor will be shared with the diesel unit while the rest of the engine components will be all new.

Another notable addition will be a new 6-speed automatic gearbox - Aisin AWF21 (by Aisin Seiki) mated to the petrol motor. This petrol + automatic combination is expected to be the preferred choice among buyers in the overseas markets. Mahindra is likely to start exporting the petrol powered XUV500 in 2015.

There is also a possibility of the petrol automatic XUV500 making its way to Indian showrooms at a later stage. However, if history is an indicator, petrol SUVs have never really been preferred by majority of the car buyers in India.

Source: Motoring World

Last edited by S2!!! : 1st November 2014 at 16:02.
S2!!! is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2014, 16:22   #6724
Distinguished - BHPian

Any news on them launching the AT + diesel combination in our market?
Old 1st November 2014, 16:33   #6725
Senior - BHPian

I am ready to purchase a W8 Diesel + AT. Petrol + AT is a no go and will definitely fail.
Old 1st November 2014, 20:22   #6726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjjustin View Post
Thanks, I will check with them why the price difference. Is the camera really necessary? How good/bad the experience is without the camera? Also, is there any good places to get the camera fixed in Cochin?

So, these are not very special prices just for me, I guess. Did you get it from KTC?

Also what about the price for side steps? Anyone know any good places to get the aftermarket ones in Cochin?

I am finding reverse cam very useful. It gives you enough confidence while parking is small areas. Better not to go for after market fixes during warranty time. I also did side step and reverse guard, both together costed me 14k
gpriyesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2014, 21:35   #6727
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift Express View Post
Hi Guys, I have booked the XUV 500 W6 Tuscan Red just a Few days back at Thane.

Needed your valuable inputs on the following
1)W6 does not have alloys and hence plan was to have them fitted from dealer. Global Gallarie thane is only offering the Speed alloys and not the regular factory fitted W8 Model Alloys. The speed alloys by its thin intricate design leads me to think that it has a higher propensity of breakage in case of high speed dunking on potholes. Need you views on the same. Is there any source from where I can fit the W8 Alloys or any other options / brands which are bet fit. Again does fitting the alloys from outside void the warranty.

2)Basis view expressed in this thread plan to upgrade the W6 Music Set up. The question again is would this void the warranty ?
Congrats. What discounts did you get. What was the best OTR offer on W6 and W4. I stay on GB road and a friend is considering the two variants hence the question.

1- you may get the original alloys at CST road, or Opera house or Tardeo. Some buyers would change their new alloys for custom ones for the look. Ask GG itself regarding the alloys. Some dealers do void suspension warranty due to alloys bought from outside. You can do this later so do not rush into the change before purchase.
2- yes warranty would be void. It of course to some extent depends on the dealer GG so if you do your work through GG then though it will cost a bit more but will be safer. Even if you do it outside ensure that wires are not cut and it is a socket install.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2014, 00:48   #6728
BHPian

Point 1.
First punture at 25K km. (So the stephney was brand new with full thread) After changing the spare wheel my XUV started pulling to the right. Sent to Sireesh for checkup as my brother inlaw had hit the kerb while parking. Sireesh guys couldnt set the alignment right. Infact after the alignment at Sireesh, the vehicle started to pull left.
As per advice on this forum, took to Madhus Langford. They did alignment and roadforce balancing. They put the old spare wheel with full thread to front left. After that it started pulling very dangerously to left. Next day I took there again. This time, they put the old spare wheel with full thread to front right. Still there is a pull to the left. Especially on roads where the camber of the road is to the left (road surface slopes from right to left), the vehicle pulls to the left and on roads that have equal camber / sloping from left to right, the vehicle goes straight.

So is this an alignment issue or is there something else going on in the internals? Like a worn out bush or a tierod or something like that?

Point 2. Went over a speed breaker at 100kph. (missed it totally on the highway near Devanahalli) Due to serious bump, the right headlamp casing is cracked inside and the projetor low beam bulb is facing little down. Need to replace the the headlamp casing I think. Any idea how much it will cost? Or an we get it from Gujili? Is the W4 headlamp casing similar to the old models of XUV as thats what we get in Gujili? Or is there a outside service shop which repair / fix the casing?

Point 3: There seems to be more noise inside the cabin compared to what was earlier. When the XUV was brand new, there was zero cabin noise. There seems to be a kind of metallic buzz especially when I press the accelerator. What an it be?

Does SKS have a showroom / service center in Bangalore? What are their contact details? Or did Anant cars take over their operations? Does anybody have the exact location of Anant cars service center in Avalahalli, KR Puram?

Last edited by balan : 2nd November 2014 at 00:59.
Old 2nd November 2014, 07:49   #6729
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balan View Post
Point 1.
First punture at 25K km. (So the stephney was brand new with full thread)
Do you mean that in those 25K kms, you did not get a tyre rotation done? If that is the case then I guess any vehicle will have alignment issues. But that should have been rectified by the service centers.
Old 2nd November 2014, 19:00   #6730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Congrats. What discounts did you get. What was the best OTR offer on W6 and W4. I stay on GB road and a friend is considering the two variants hence the question.

1- you may get the original alloys at CST road, or Opera house or Tardeo. Some buyers would change their new alloys for custom ones for the look. Ask GG itself regarding the alloys. Some dealers do void suspension warranty due to alloys bought from outside. You can do this later so do not rush into the change before purchase.
2- yes warranty would be void. It of course to some extent depends on the dealer GG so if you do your work through GG then though it will cost a bit more but will be safer. Even if you do it outside ensure that wires are not cut and it is a socket install.
Thanks for your reply. Through some hard bargaining managed to get the On Road Price at Rs 13.75 with LBT for W6 against quoted Price of Rs 14.74,the zero amount insurance offer also helped. Simultaneous negotiation with multiple dealers was the other factor. The November December season should help your friend get better offers.PM me if you need any assistance on the same.
Swift Express is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2014, 21:59   #6731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Do you mean that in those 25K kms, you did not get a tyre rotation done? If that is the case then I guess any vehicle will have alignment issues. But that should have been rectified by the service centers.
Not sure whether they rotated the tyres at the service center when they did the alignment during the 10K and 20K servicing. But definitely they didnt take out the stephney
Old 5th November 2014, 12:31   #6732
BHPian

During negotiations the SA said that with the engine/chasis number I can verify the exact dates of manufacturing stages from Mahindra website. Is it true? Anyone has any idea? Since I am not buying from them I cannot go back and ask them now .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift Express View Post
...Through some hard bargaining managed to get the On Road Price at Rs 13.75 with LBT for W6 against quoted Price of Rs 14.74,the zero amount insurance offer also helped...
One lakh discount?, thats a great deal. Mind sharing the split? I guess this is good time to buy the XUV.
Old 5th November 2014, 12:58   #6733
BHPian

Folks,

Any suggestion on where I can get a set of Bridgestone donuts for my XUV in PUNE?

Getting them from the dealership is coming up to around 15K x 4 = 60K :|

My spare wheel is brand new so not gonna change that (thats how I know the cost per tire from the dealership).
Old 5th November 2014, 14:03   #6734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reevester View Post
Folks, any suggestion on where I can get a set of Bridgestone donuts for my XUV in PUNE?
From the Team-BHP directory: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-...yres-pune.html

Also, there are Bridgestone Select store spread across the city (from http://www.bridgestone.co.in/DealerLocator.aspx), take your pick:

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-bridgestone.jpg

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 5th November 2014 at 14:04.
Old 5th November 2014, 16:07   #6735
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra has increased the prices on XUV effective from 1st Nov, 2014 except for AWD model:

Name:  XUV Prices.png
Views: 2176
Size:  4.7 KB

Last edited by fusionbang : 5th November 2014 at 16:10. Reason: Editing Image
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks