Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2014, 22:18   #6766
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjjustin View Post
Did PDI today. Looks good, the vehicle is almost garden fresh (10/10/2014 make).

Also at the back, the C-pillar (black section above the tail lamps) has some marks, like happened while cleaning. Though not really scratches and not very visible at first, but noticeable on close inspection (Please check the second section from the bottom in the larger version of the picture). SA said, this will be corrected during Teflon coating. Can someone comment here as well?
One quick doubt Justin - you booked a W6 right? In the first picture, are the fog lamps missing or is it that they are not visible in the picture? Can you please confirm?

I had read somewhere that W6 will be stripped off the fog lamps, but due to the recent price hike of ~10K, thought that they will retain them.

-Vivek
Old 9th November 2014, 23:21   #6767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Justin,

The rust seems to be a minor one, it seems to be 'not deep'.
Usually it takes hardly 1 week to develop such a rustic appearance if any scratches happens on the vehicle.
For the rain that Kerala experienced these days it is so easy to cause such stains, if the stock yard is an open place.

If you are still doubtful then showing the snaps to a 'tinker' in a garage will definitely help.
Thanks Tornado, that's a relief. Even the SA was telling that is just stain, not rust. (you don't happen to be, or related to, him, right? ). They were still in the process of cleaning/polishing, so hopefully by tomorrow it will be gone for good. Even other cars (not XUVs) parked behind had these marks on them. Should I be concerned about the longevity of these in our climate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkr_99 View Post
One quick doubt Justin - you booked a W6 right? In the first picture, are the fog lamps missing or is it that they are not visible in the picture? Can you please confirm?

I had read somewhere that W6 will be stripped off the fog lamps, but due to the recent price hike of ~10K, thought that they will retain them.

-Vivek
Vivek, it is w6 and it has fog lamps. I mentioned about the fog lamps couple of pages back. KTC SA said clearly to me that there might be differences in features of my car from what is in the catalog. I then verified it with the TVS as well; but those are yet to arrive is what I am told. I got the old, pre-facelift model , lucky me. Did you decide which model?
Old 10th November 2014, 18:18   #6768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjjustin View Post

Vivek, it is w6 and it has fog lamps. I mentioned about the fog lamps couple of pages back. KTC SA said clearly to me that there might be differences in features of my car from what is in the catalog. I then verified it with the TVS as well; but those are yet to arrive is what I am told. I got the old, pre-facelift model , lucky me. Did you decide which model?
Good to know that you got the version with fog lamps, Justin. With the price increase last week, I thought they will not be taking away the features from W6 model.

I've not yet decided on the model - took another test drive last week on some really bad roads. The ride seems to be ok. Have asked the sales person to get back with the details of the manufacturer as well as dealer discounts.

He is currently offering ~30K insurance discount, 8K exchange bonus and ~10K corporate bonus on the W8 model. I told him that other dealers are giving better offers and asked him to get back with the maximum discount possible. He is yet to come back on that.

-Vivek
Old 10th November 2014, 20:06   #6769
BHPian

Today I went ahead and booked W8 AWD Purple Colour. Total on road coming to 17.21 lakhs. In addition I am getting Floor Mat, Reverse Camera and Rear guard free as accessories ( all mahindra genuine accessories ). Delivery promised by 25th of this month. So you can add an another person to the list of folks upgrading from Punto to XUV. Thanks to the various ownership thread in this forum which helped me to finally make up my mind.

Last edited by sridharp77 : 10th November 2014 at 20:08.
Old 11th November 2014, 10:22   #6770
Team-BHP Support

Guys, my friend has a Dec. '13 registered W8 model (FWD) which has run 25000 km so far. The car will be going for the scheduled service at 30k and he intends to change the engine oil during this service although it isn't prescribed. He wants to know if there's a suitable alternative for the engine oil other than IOCL's Maximile Feo 15W40 oil. From Mobil, Shell and the likes.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11th November 2014, 11:05   #6771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
He wants to know if there's a suitable alternative for the engine oil other than IOCL's Maximile Feo 15W40 oil. From Mobil, Shell and the likes.

Thanks in advance.
IMHO there is no need to change the brand of engine oil other than recommended by the company. Till now in this thread I have not come across anyone who has shown dissatisfaction with this engine oil.
Old 11th November 2014, 11:26   #6772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharp77 View Post
Today I went ahead and booked W8 AWD Purple Colour. Total on road coming to 17.21 lakhs. In addition I am getting Floor Mat, Reverse Camera and Rear guard free as accessories ( all mahindra genuine accessories ). Delivery promised by 25th of this month. So you can add an another person to the list of folks upgrading from Punto to XUV. Thanks to the various ownership thread in this forum which helped me to finally make up my mind.
Congratulations!!
I booked my Purple AWD on 22nd October and got the delivery on 31st October. It cost 17.40 + 10k worth of accessories free, this was from India Garage Palace Cross road. I chose reverse camera, illuminated scuff plates, mats and India Number plate as free accessories. (Not a fan of Chrome Allure)

Additionally, I got the protective film installed from 3M on both bumpers, bonnet, front fenders and mirrors.
Awesome experience so far with 1245 kms on the odo. As somebody mentioned, there is a metallic buzzing from the engine as compared to other diesels. I guess its normal on the XUV. Turbo whistle at 1800 RPM is mesmerizing and addictive.
Old 11th November 2014, 11:31   #6773
BHPian

Congratulations Aniket. You would have had a number of vehicles in your list before selecting this. I just wanted to know how did you narrowed down to this vehicle, can you please share your experience with us while. Happy miles ahead. Please share your new companion Cheetah pictures as well.
Old 11th November 2014, 15:20   #6774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
Congratulations!!
I booked my Purple AWD on 22nd October and got the delivery on 31st October. It cost 17.40 + 10k worth of accessories free, this was from India Garage Palace Cross road. I chose reverse camera, illuminated scuff plates, mats and India Number plate as free accessories. (Not a fan of Chrome Allure)

Additionally, I got the protective film installed from 3M on both bumpers, bonnet, front fenders and mirrors.
Awesome experience so far with 1245 kms on the odo. As somebody mentioned, there is a metallic buzzing from the engine as compared to other diesels. I guess its normal on the XUV. Turbo whistle at 1800 RPM is mesmerizing and addictive.
Congrats Aniket. .. was your vehicle readily available in the stock or was order placed after you booked it. I have also booked it from India Garage.

Can you also provide more details about this protective film ... where it was done and the total cost. I am also not going for chrome.
Old 11th November 2014, 19:43   #6775
BHPian

@ Aniket,
Congrats!!! Wish you Million Mile Munching on your New Cheetah. Could you please apprise on cost incurred 3M protective film and also the total quantity of Film used?
Old 12th November 2014, 09:16   #6776

In the 3rd month of ownership. First month saw noise behind the dash, which got rectified after 2 weeks at service station.

3rd month sees annoying rattling noise from the driver door, close to where the hand rests. Anybody else face these problems? They're just so annoying. Spoiling the otherwise wonderful driving experience.
Old 12th November 2014, 12:08   #6777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiyer20 View Post
In the 3rd month of ownership. First month saw noise behind the dash, which got rectified after 2 weeks at service station.

3rd month sees annoying rattling noise from the driver door, close to where the hand rests. Anybody else face these problems? They're just so annoying. Spoiling the otherwise wonderful driving experience.
I am facing both the above problems. Yet to get to service centre. How did you get the dash noise rectified. I think its mostly due to suspension Bush.

The door noise I feel is of rubber beadings which should get rectified after adjusting the door or by applying silicone spray on the beadings, can't say if its the same rubber noise for you.
Old 12th November 2014, 13:30   #6778

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
I am facing both the above problems. Yet to get to service centre. How did you get the dash noise rectified. I think its mostly due to suspension Bush.

The door noise I feel is of rubber beadings which should get rectified after adjusting the door or by applying silicone spray on the beadings, can't say if its the same rubber noise for you.
The dash noise took them about 2 weeks to rectify. They say it was a nut below the steering which was loose. I have no idea what they were talking about, but that problem is completely eliminated. But this new door related noise has surfaced a couple of days ago. Hopefully won't be as major a work as the noise from behind the dash.

Is it common to get such rattling/creaking noise from interiors of XUV500?
Old 12th November 2014, 13:33   #6779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiyer20 View Post

I am sorry to say but you have to live with it. Even if you get this sorted from service station, after month or so it will come back. Reason, Mahindra's plastic quality is bad. They are not like European cars. My 3 year old fabia is still dead quit compared to my 3 year old XUV.

My solution for this: Invest on good sounding music system, it works for me
Old 12th November 2014, 14:10   #6780
BHPian

Hi! Nitin,
What upgrade have you done to the stock set up? Awaiting arrival of my car in a day or two. Would appreciate your help.

Most Viewed