Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2015, 19:06   #6901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
After taking delivery of my XUV 5OO, I had been asking the service personnel to enable / setup the anti-theft alarm. Unfortunately, I am being told that XUV's anti-theft lock doesn't come with audible alarm. It seems only the blinkers will blink on being locked / unlocked. When locked, on trying to open the door, there is no response from the vehicle.

Read from the manual that, pressing the Lock button in the key locks the vehicle with a beep. It works, but it seems it's only for that action. The audible alarm doesn't come up when unlocking and also doesn't come up when locking the vehicle again.

Is this the way XUV behaves? I am surprised and disappointed that a premium SUV doesn't come with audible anti-theft alarm...

It makes alarm sound for example if you open the door manually from inside after locking thru remote. And when you use the remote to open, it gives you a beep beep (Not sure of the pattern ) sound to indicate this.
Old 3rd January 2015, 19:09   #6902
BHPian

Quote:
After taking delivery of my XUV 5OO, I had been asking the service personnel to enable / setup the anti-theft alarm. Unfortunately, I am being told that XUV's anti-theft lock doesn't come with audible alarm. It seems only the blinkers will blink on being locked / unlocked. When locked, on trying to open the door, there is no response from the vehicle.

Read from the manual that, pressing the Lock button in the key locks the vehicle with a beep. It works, but it seems it's only for that action. The audible alarm doesn't come up when unlocking and also doesn't come up when locking the vehicle again.

Is this the way XUV behaves? I am surprised and disappointed that a premium SUV doesn't come with audible anti-theft alarm...
Xuv does have anti theft alarm. There is no sound while locking and unlocking. Lock the vehicle using remote and open it using key. Then it will sound alarm
Old 3rd January 2015, 19:17   #6903
BHPian

Quote:
After locking your car keep the lock button pressed for few seconds until you listen to a beep sound, if it doesn't beep in first try do it again. Once you hear the beep, try unlocking the door manually from the key and not the remote button.

I think the alarm should buzz now.
Old 3rd January 2015, 20:57   #6904
BHPian

Thanks folks! These actions does trigger an alarm. However, if I try to fiddle with the door handles when the car is locked, shouldn't an alarm sound off? Is there a way to get this alarm activated?
Old 3rd January 2015, 22:55   #6905
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks folks! These actions does trigger an alarm. However, if I try to fiddle with the door handles when the car is locked, shouldn't an alarm sound off? Is there a way to get this alarm activated?
No XUV doesn't have any such sensors.
Old 4th January 2015, 09:53   #6906
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Dear All,

I did a almost a 2200 km trip on my XUV 500 W8 in last week of december. Navi Mumbai - Bangalore return trip ( and a bit of local travel in Bangalore).

Doing a long road trip has always been on my agenda and I finally got to do it.

When a plan to visit Bangalore started being made on a short notice by family, I put a clause that it has to be on our new XUV, coz with the XUV 500 - W8 ( bought in Oct 2014) it was easier to plan and execute.

Also my family agreed as well without much fuss ( with my other vehicle the Chevy Uva Hatch, they may not have said Yes).

For me this was a first such long drive ( ~ 970 Km one stretch) in India.

I had done long distance driving in US( ~ 600 miles one side which is 1000 Km) in a stretch, however the avg speed there is higher due to facts like quality of Roads, faster vehicle, disciplined drivers etc. and hence the same distance is covered is lesser time( I had done 600 miles in 10 hrs including all breaks)

Here on this trip, it took be 14.5 Hrs for Navi Mumbai - Bangalore journey and return trip took 13 hrs. So for me it was also a test of endurance as well as checking the comfort the vehicle ( XUV) would give while driving on Indian road, which will not be the same like Interstates of US.

I can now say that on my XUV, it was a trip thoroughly enjoyed by me as a driver and my wife & daughter as fellow passenger.

As about the vehicle, it was really stable on the road driving even at high speed, confident braking ( coz there are maniac drivers on the road who will all of a sudden change lanes without checking rear view mirrors or people who feel they are walking in their own garden while crossing the highway)

There are stretches where I got to use the cruise control( mostly those 6 lane stretches in Karnataka part of NH4) and Mumbai Pune expressway).

After doing this journey now I am looking for more road trips( may not be this long every time) and already started coaxing my family for the same

Further details of the trip on this link else where on Teambhp forum:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3615377
balpreetsingh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th January 2015, 10:19   #6907
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra XUV500 has been featured as one of the 8 worst rated cars of 2014 by Drive.com.au with a score of 1.5/5 (lowest among the contenders which include the Outlander PHEV, Ssangsong Rexton and the Ford EcoSport as well).
Quote:
"Lashings of equipment can't compensate for poor basics... Sub-standard driving dynamics, poor attention to detail and a gruff and underwhelming engine combine with a less than stellar price tag take the Mahindra off most shopping lists."
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2015, 10:36   #6908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Mahindra XUV500 has been featured as one of the 8 worst rated cars of 2014 by Drive.com.au with a score of 1.5/5 (lowest among the contenders which include the Outlander PHEV, Ssangsong Rexton and the Ford EcoSport as well).

So we have 4 in our country out of the quoted 8 I am including the upcoming S-Cross as well. XUV-500, Ecosport are one of the best selling models from their manufacturers as well.

Either we are being shortchanged or the Aussies are being pampered. I like to believe it is the latter.

Doesn't bode well for Maruti to have their upcoming vehicle feature in this list.
Old 5th January 2015, 12:29   #6909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
I now exclusively use my iPhone/iPad for navigation, that's why I'm looking for a stand too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post
Well I've found stuff on Amazon.
Try this, Car Mount on dx.com, they provide free shipping to India as well. Only concern is it would take around 15 - 20 days for the shipment to arrive.

I have bought this and impressed by the quality of the holder and fixes firmly on the windshield. Also an additional material is given along with this which can be stuck on the dashboard and then mount the holder above that.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2015, 12:53   #6910
Senior - BHPian

The prices have gone up effective 1st Jan 2015. Below is the list of new prices in Karnataka - Bangalore.

Name:  XUV Jan Prices.png
Views: 3097
Size:  7.3 KB

Can anybody let me know what are the current discounts running here in Bangalore?

Last edited by fusionbang : 9th January 2015 at 12:57. Reason: Updating the image
fusionbang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2015, 22:52   #6911
Distinguished - BHPian

I own a Satin White W8.
Have been toying with the idea of painting the alloys to a darker colour for quite some time.

Any pointers here?
Has anyone of you done alloy painting?
Any pictures of good/ well done jobs would be of help too.
Old 10th January 2015, 20:52   #6912
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
I own a Satin White W8.
Have been toying with the idea of painting the alloys to a darker colour for quite some time.

Any pointers here?
Being a Keralite, this is the last thing expected out of you. Please pay a visit on the "Tastefully modified cars" thread and you will see almost all rainbow colors on alloy wheels - that too done in Kerala (most of those in Cochin)! Take your pick from those.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2015, 20:56   #6913
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Being a Keralite, this is the last thing expected out of you.
Actually, being a Keralite, this was to come sooner or later

Anyway, if it is of any consolation, I have shifted to Vizag now
Old 10th January 2015, 21:08   #6914
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Actually, being a Keralite, this was to come sooner or later ..
Nah, the comment was for the below section. Those questions are NOT expected from a Keralite. I agree with you on the idea part though.

Quote:
...Any pointers here?
Quote:
...Anyway, if it is of any consolation, I have shifted to Vizag now
Nop; Not until you have changed your location to Vizag in your profile. Between, I doubt, you would have any such painters in that side of the country. But anyway, Kerala is just a drive away.
Old 10th January 2015, 21:20   #6915
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Those questions are NOT expected from a Keralite.
We don't ask questions; we just go ahead and do it right?

Quote:
Not until you have changed your location to Vizag in your profile.
Well, the change has been incorporated. Thanks for reminding me

Quote:
Between, I doubt, you would have any such painters in that side of the country. But anyway, Kerala is just a drive away.
I did not mean painters. I actually did mean 'pointers', as in any tips etc etc etc.
(Goodness, etc really can fight for the meaning : End of Thinking Capacity right? )

I am sure I would be able to find someone here too. It's just alloy painting. Not some jing bang modifications
dhanushmenon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks