Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2015, 09:24   #7081
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu789 View Post

Also what are the must have accessories apart from reverse camera, floor mats, sun film, body cover?
If you have kids or aged people at home, then you must get a side foot steps. Also recommend for floor lamination, 3MM under body treatment / anti rust coating, side body moulding and rear guard. I got all this done on my car.

Sun film is banned under Supreme Court directives.

Cheers!

Last edited by amyth78 : 17th March 2015 at 09:27. Reason: to avoid multiple post
amyth78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2015, 10:49   #7082
BHPian

Guys I am planning to buy floor mats for my XUV W6. Found these on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.in/Digifit-Black-Interior-Mahindra-Xuv500/dp/B00RMP9SY0/ref=sr_1_11?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1426568973&sr =1-11
These are from Digifit company
Any reviews of the same ?
Old 18th March 2015, 00:45   #7083
Senior - BHPian

Folks, I am very close to booking a XUV. Wanted to check with the forum on the OEM types that come with XUV by default. I know bridgestone is one of the suppliers. What other options are available and which is the preferred one?

Also other than OEM, what is the most preferred option for swap post purchase keeping urban driving in mind? Thanks in advance for your responses
Old 18th March 2015, 16:11   #7084
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Folks, I am very close to booking a XUV. Wanted to check with the forum on the OEM types that come with XUV by default. I know bridgestone is one of the suppliers. What other options are available and which is the preferred one?

Also other than OEM, what is the most preferred option for swap post purchase keeping urban driving in mind? Thanks in advance for your responses
Apart from Bridgestone, XUV come with JK's and Apollos. Of the three i would suggest Bridgstone.

As for after market, well i too am looking out for my JK replacement since its been 56k kms on them and i think i need new ones soon. I guess Michelin would be a good choice.
Old 18th March 2015, 21:49   #7085
BHPian

As part of Purple Club benefits, got an invite to get a free 'car spa' for my XUV on the completion of 1 year of ownership. The service centre is hardly 500 metres from my place, so thought of getting the vehicle a thorough wash. Was up for a pleasant surprise though, the car spa treatment not only included washing, but also 3m polishing for both exterior and interior foam cleaning. The car looks showroom fresh now. On enquiring, was told that the total package costs INR 6k if taken separately. Hats off to Mahindra's customer service.

Quote:

Supertinu : if you are planning to get a W4, you will not be given a choice for tyres, its standard JK for W4s. However, you can inform your dealer in advance about your choice, in case you are going ahead with W6 or W8.
JKs squeal a lot, it is difficult driving with open windows at speeds greater than 40-50 kms/hr. They also manage to embed stones, worsening the squealing.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th March 2015 at 20:02. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 19th March 2015, 00:24   #7086
Senior - BHPian

Folks another question. I am planning on getting a rear bumper guard and also planning on fitting a camera on W8 variant. Does the guard interfere with reverse parking sensors and come in the camera view?
Old 19th March 2015, 08:25   #7087
BHPian

Quote:
Folks another question. I am planning on getting a rear bumper guard and also planning on fitting a camera on W8 variant. Does the guard interfere with reverse parking sensors and come in the camera view?
Supertinu - I have done this both in my W8. Had issue on the first day where the reverse sensor was continuously beeping "stop". Pressed the guard down a little and after that no issues for past 6 months. Both are very useful particularly in city driving.
gpriyesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2015, 00:46   #7088
Senior - BHPian

Folks finally the car is booked . I have booked W8 FWD Silver color with Sireesh motors in on Hosur road. Should get the delivery within a week as I get payment closed and loan processed. Unfortunately I was not sold out on any of the color options so finally chose Silver as its the most neutral color. I already have a white car plus I prefer dark interiors over lighter one.

Accessories planned are rear cam, side step, read guard and door beading. Waiting eagerly for the delivery now . Anything specific I need to watch out during delivery? other than the standard list.
supertinu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2015, 14:54   #7089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Guys I am planning to buy floor mats for my XUV W6. Found these on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.in/Digifit-Black-I...568973&sr=1-11
These are from Digifit company
Any reviews of the same ?
I just bought them from snapdeal. Received it today . Fitted them in my XUV already. Looks good. May not be in the league of the 3D Kagu ones. But worth for the price . Fills the gap pretty good. There are some velcro at the bottom of the mat ,to grip them on the Vehicle floor. They came with 3rd row mats also which was also good.

Last edited by undead : 21st March 2015 at 14:55.
undead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2015, 11:09   #7090
BHPian

How often should we do tyre alignment and balancing in xuv? Is it every 5k kms
Old 23rd March 2015, 11:23   #7091
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpriyesh View Post
How often should we do tyre alignment and balancing in xuv? Is it every 5k kms
Alignment -As per the owner's manual 40000kms.
Balancing - When you feel the wobbling in the steering wheel .
undead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2015, 13:16   #7092
BHPian

Quote:
Folks finally the car is booked . I have booked W8 FWD Silver color with Sireesh motors in on Hosur road. Should get the delivery within a week as I get payment closed and loan processed. Unfortunately I was not sold out on any of the color options so finally chose Silver as its the most neutral color. I already have a white car plus I prefer dark interiors over lighter one.

Accessories planned are rear cam, side step, read guard and door beading. Waiting eagerly for the delivery now . Anything specific I need to watch out during delivery? other than the standard list.
What was the final price you got it for? Are there any news from them about the new XUV ?
Old 23rd March 2015, 19:53   #7093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
Alignment -As per the owner's manual 40000kms.
Balancing - When you feel the wobbling in the steering wheel .
Tyre alignment should be done whenever you feel tilting of car in one direction or every 5k which ever comes earlier. And it is not specific to car model. I am shocked if owners manual has mentioned as 40k. Or i am missing something completely here?
Old 23rd March 2015, 20:07   #7094
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
Tyre alignment should be done whenever you feel tilting of car in one direction or every 5k which ever comes earlier. And it is not specific to car model. I am shocked if owners manual has mentioned as 40k. Or i am missing something completely here?
For my hatchback and sedan vehicles which i owned , i used to do alignment at every 5000kms . I have driven 21000kms so far in my Xuv and i haven't done any alignment and no left pulling etc. The service centre also does alignment at 40000kms . Even some other suv like old Pajero had longer service interval.
Old 23rd March 2015, 22:09   #7095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anup7649 View Post
What was the final price you got it for? Are there any news from them about the new XUV ?
The invoice value is 16.8 lacs on road after free insurance and corp discount. In addition to that I told them not to give me insurance as I am getting better rates outside and it will save me another 6-7K. PLus its as much as you can bargain on accessory freebies . Its march end.

All dealers are being very tight lipped about new XUV. I was also waiting but given no news I just went ahead and booked as i was losing patience. Given the new XUV doesnt have lot of upgrades and seems more cosmetic in nature. Dealers do mention that there is XUV300 coming which is the smaller SUV, probably the sub 4m one.

Most Viewed