Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2015, 14:37   #7126
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Sorry missed in my earlier post, was the Xclusive edition considered in your buying process?

What was the OTR on Xclusive edition in Bangalore?
Is it worth to pay the additional amount for those new additions? IMO it is somewhere around 50K extra.

Also I see that Mahindra has removed the Xclusive edition link from it's website. Sold out??
From what the dealer told me that Xclusive edition was only built in limited nos ~700 and a one time thing. It was costing about ~1 lac more than standard W8 but the only real differentiation in my view was the sunroof which I never wanted in the first place. Rest are minor items like backlit scuff plates, rear cam etc which you can get done as an accessory. Also the dealers were not giving any deals on Xclusive edition vs. all offers on W8 which made the difference even higher. Now I have paid about ~16.75 lac on road vs ~18.1 for xclusive edition.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 15:00   #7127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
From what the dealer told me that Xclusive edition was only built in limited nos ~700 and a one time thing. It was costing about ~1 lac more than standard W8 but the only real differentiation in my view was the sunroof which I never wanted in the first place. Rest are minor items like backlit scuff plates, rear cam etc which you can get done as an accessory. Also the dealers were not giving any deals on Xclusive edition vs. all offers on W8 which made the difference even higher. Now I have paid about ~16.75 lac on road vs ~18.1 for xclusive edition.
Good that you went ahead with W8 instead of the Xclusive edition, 1.35 lacs is a huge amount after all the discounts applicable. Anyway congrats once again on the purchase.

Also I was contemplating on buying W6, but at times my mind leans towards buying a W8 when I remember the famous line by SDP which says "What the heck, you live just once"

Any idea how much was the OTR for W6 after all discounts?
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2015, 15:11   #7128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Good that you went ahead with W8 instead of the Xclusive edition, 1.35 lacs is a huge amount after all the discounts applicable. Anyway congrats once again on the purchase.

Also I was contemplating on buying W6, but at times my mind leans towards buying a W8 when I remember the famous line by SDP which says "What the heck, you live just once"

Any idea how much was the OTR for W6 after all discounts?
W6 is about 14.9 on road after discounts. I was in the same boat as you. Initially I decided for W6 since I was in the market for Sedans which are in 11-13 lac range and 15 lacs seemed ok for W6 given all the advantages over a sedan. however when you compare the additional items that you get between W6 and W8, the addl 1.8 lacs made complete sense. 4 addl side air bags, ESP, alloys, leather seats, color touch screen infotainment, hill hold are all bang on features which are very useful. Since i was taking a part loan little increase in EMI was acceptable to me. You know your budget constraints best, so if you dont want to stretch then W6 is very good value for money as well. It has all the features of a fully loaded diesel sedan like verna/city plus few more.

If you are not in a rush, you can wait for the upgraded model which is bound to show up in few months. However be ready for some price increase and lesser discounts initially.

Last edited by supertinu : 31st March 2015 at 15:16.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 14:46   #7129
BHPian

Hi everyone. I purchased the W4 variant (Dolphin Grey Colour) on 22nd March from Sri Durga Automobiles in Delhi. I would like to thank the members who have contributed to this thread for their opinions (and the excellent review as well, of course!).
They were offering a cash discount of Rs. 45,000 and an exchange bonus of Rs. 15,000. Including these two and after exchanging my old i-10, I got a net price of Rs. 11 lacs. In addition, they gave me accessories worth Rs. 15,000 free. I had considered Ford ecosport, duster and terrano as alternatives, but after this discount, those options went out of the window.
The delivery process was quite smooth (including their assistance with the financing as well). I was specific on this colour and they had a piece available, so I did not really have to wait.
No major niggles yet (except for the window rattling issue when half open - mentioned in the thread earlier). I just have one update to offer. It seems Mahindra has acted on the feedback on the lack of USB compatibility in this variant and are providing one now.
In fact, even the salesperson was surprised. He told me that he had given a delivery of a W4 just a week ago and this wasn't there in it. So it seems mine was out of the first batch to have this option. It has basic compatibility, with track and folder change options. Nothing fancy, but a useful thing they have now provided.
shekatkar31 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 15:31   #7130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekatkar31 View Post
It seems Mahindra has acted on the feedback on the lack of USB compatibility in this variant and are providing one now.
In fact, even the salesperson was surprised. He told me that he had given a delivery of a W4 just a week ago and this wasn't there in it. So it seems mine was out of the first batch to have this option. It has basic compatibility, with track and folder change options. Nothing fancy, but a useful thing they have now provided.
Congratulations on owning the beast.

As far as I remember all W4 models had USB compatibility, I might be wrong.
Old 2nd April 2015, 16:13   #7131
BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone. I purchased the W4 variant (Dolphin Grey Colour) on 22nd March from Sri Durga Automobiles in Delhi. In fact, even the salesperson was surprised. He told me that he had given a delivery of a W4 just a week ago and this wasn't there in it. So it seems mine was out of the first batch to have this option. It has basic compatibility, with track and folder change options. Nothing fancy, but a useful thing they have now provided.
Congratulations on owning WUV500. I am sure, You would love the sight of XUV500 when you look at it every morning. Even though I do not own one, the look fascinates me every time I see it in the signal stops. The niggles have greatly been eliminated by Mahindra. All the best. Keep revving and drive safe.
Old 2nd April 2015, 16:18   #7132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
Congratulations on owning the beast.

As far as I remember all W4 models had USB compatibility, I might be wrong.
Thanks a lot. Well, this was something that I was researching on for some time. In fact I was thinking of various options of making it work (aux to USB cables, etc.) So I guess I am saved the trouble now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
Congratulations on owning WUV500. I am sure, You would love the sight of XUV500 when you look at it every morning. Even though I do not own one, the look fascinates me every time I see it in the signal stops. The niggles have greatly been eliminated by Mahindra. All the best. Keep revving and drive safe.
Thanks Seran. Yes, definitely a commanding presence on road. The handling, drive, etc. is actually quite smooth and the car does give a premium feel.
Old 2nd April 2015, 17:53   #7133
BHPian

Quote:
It seems Mahindra has acted on the feedback on the lack of USB compatibility in this variant and are providing one now.
Hi Shekatkar,

Please share the picture on the USB point, I have a W4 without one.
tirthankard77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2015, 14:11   #7134
BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone. I purchased the W4 variant (Dolphin Grey Colour) on 22nd March from Sri Durga Automobiles in Delhi. I would like to thank the members who have contributed to this thread for their opinions (and the excellent review as well, of course!).
They were offering a cash discount of Rs. 45,000 and an exchange bonus of Rs. 15,000. Including these two and after exchanging my old i-10, I got a net price of Rs. 11 lacs. In addition, they gave me accessories worth Rs. 15,000 free. I had considered Ford ecosport, duster and terrano as alternatives, but after this discount, those options went out of the window.
The delivery process was quite smooth (including their assistance with the financing as well). I was specific on this colour and they had a piece available, so I did not really have to wait.
No major niggles yet (except for the window rattling issue when half open - mentioned in the thread earlier). I just have one update to offer. It seems Mahindra has acted on the feedback on the lack of USB compatibility in this variant and are providing one now.
Hi Shekatkar

I have a w4 without the USB input, had been hearing about such additions to w4, to bring the feature set at par with B1 segment hatchbacks. I was also told that the w4 is soon to get a functional 2nd display pod(part of the tachometer display unit), the one on the right which shows engine temp for w6/w8, and which remains disconnected for W4

Can you confirm if it is working in your case?
Old 3rd April 2015, 22:58   #7135
BHPian

I have a W4 too and am very happy with the overall ownership experience. However the little things missing in a car which at least in bangalore costs upward of 13 lacs, is annoying. The absence of the USB port is one such thing which no one would expect in a 13 + lac car. However can't complaint much as I knew this before I fell in love with the beast.

Happy to know that the new W4 ones have this addressed.
Old 4th April 2015, 08:54   #7136
BHPian

Hi all. I shall definitely post the pictures shortly. The USB input is located near the gear - next to the 12 V power outlet. As far as the 2nd display goes, i have not seen one in mine, so may be it will come in the next upgrades. Also, it may be a part of the face-lift that we have been hearing about.
Old 6th April 2015, 10:30   #7137
BHPian

Okay, so here goes... Am uploading the pictures of the audio panel showing the location of the USB point near the gear and of the driver console display. Hope this helps
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-wp_20150404_001.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-wp_20150404_004.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-wp_20150404_003.jpg
shekatkar31 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2015, 13:36   #7138
Senior - BHPian

Hey Folks, what is your recommendation on purchasing extended warranty? I just got a W8 and my running will be 10-15K km per year so not a lot in terms of distance. Mahindra is offering combo 4th/5th year at 21000/- (vs 12000 for each yr). Personally I am inclined to buy it given the amount of electronics in W8 but good to hear back from forum based on your prior experience.
Old 6th April 2015, 14:14   #7139
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Hey Folks, what is your recommendation on purchasing extended warranty? I just got a W8 and my running will be 10-15K km per year so not a lot in terms of distance. Mahindra is offering combo 4th/5th year at 21000/- (vs 12000 for each yr). Personally I am inclined to buy it given the amount of electronics in W8 but good to hear back from forum based on your prior experience.
Extended warranty.
Recommended for any vehicle.
Highly recommended for Mahindra vehicles.
SDP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2015, 15:05   #7140
BHPian

Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

The beeping sound whenever I cross 150kmph freaked me out recently. Just read it on this thread that it is a feature

Is there any way to increase the mileage? Some ecu remap or some kind of tuning that can be done to give at least 12kmpl. Currently I get 9 in Bengaluru traffic

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks