Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2015, 15:23   #7141
BHPian

Re: XUV 500 niggles and their solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhadtarapore View Post
Is there any way to increase the mileage? Some ecu remap or some kind of tuning that can be done to give at least 12kmpl. Currently I get 9 in Bengaluru traffic
I also used to get 9 or less mileage initially .But after changing my driving style I have started getting about 10.5 to 11 .The key to getting good mileage in XUV is to drive with a very light foot within the city -changing gears as early as possible and Air con always on Econ Mode .If you are stopping for more than 30 secs on signals turn off the ignition .I know it is very difficult to drive the XUV this way but if you want mileage this is the way .
Off course another important factor is where you fill up your car -I fill up at Shell and it by far gives the best mileage .
Also there are some piggy back ECU racedynamics which which was showcased in one exhibition conducted by Sireesh -which promises increase in mileage .
tamojoym is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2015, 15:23   #7142
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Hey Folks, what is your recommendation on purchasing extended warranty? I just got a W8 and my running will be 10-15K km per year so not a lot in terms of distance. Mahindra is offering combo 4th/5th year at 21000/- (vs 12000 for each yr). Personally I am inclined to buy it given the amount of electronics in W8 but good to hear back from forum based on your prior experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Extended warranty.
Recommended for any vehicle.
Highly recommended for Mahindra vehicles.
The confusion still is what all does the extended warranty cover. From some earlier posts here or in fb, i noticed some major parts not being covered while the same parts were covered under normal warranty.

But end of the day, I would also suggest get it cos at least something or the other might be covered. I also need to get it in next couple of months when I approach my 3 yrs of ownership.

FundaG
fundagenie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2015, 16:05   #7143
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
The confusion still is what all does the extended warranty cover. From some earlier posts here or in fb, i noticed some major parts not being covered while the same parts were covered under normal warranty.
As per what I understood from reading the document, I believe that the extended warranty coverage is identical to the original 2/3 year warranty. Yes, there is an additional mileage limitation on suspension (its covered till 1 Lakh kms only), but besides that I did not find anything different.

What is your understanding? Which major parts are not covered?

Last edited by SDP : 6th April 2015 at 16:09.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2015, 22:15   #7144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Extended warranty.
Recommended for any vehicle.
Highly recommended for Mahindra vehicles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post

But end of the day, I would also suggest get it cos at least something or the other might be covered. I also need to get it in next couple of months when I approach my 3 yrs of ownership.

FundaG
Thanks SDP and FundaG. I am in discussion with Mahindra dealer on this one. Once i get details on the exclusions for the extended warranty I will post it on the forum here. Last time when i had checked with sales guys, they told me it was same as regular 3rd yr warranty, but there is always a fine print
Old 7th April 2015, 00:10   #7145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekatkar31 View Post
Okay, so here goes... Am uploading the pictures of the audio panel showing the location of the USB point near the gear and of the driver console display. Hope this helps
Thanks shekatkar, that engine temp gauge is exactly what I was referring to in my last post. It is functional in your model, while it isn't the case in my car.

Last edited by Aditya : 8th April 2015 at 12:14. Reason: Fixing quote tag
Old 7th April 2015, 10:45   #7146
BHPian

Quote:
Is there any way to increase the mileage? Some ecu remap or some kind of tuning that can be done to give at least 12kmpl. Currently I get 9 in Bengaluru traffic
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamojoym View Post
I also used to get 9 or less mileage initially .But after changing my driving style I have started getting about 10.5 to 11 .The key to getting good mileage in XUV is to drive with a very light foot within the city -changing gears as early as possible and Air con always on Econ Mode.
Off course another important factor is where you fill up your car -I fill up at Shell and it by far gives the best mileage .
I drive an AWD in Bangalore and the best and worst mileage figures for me are 14.18kmpl and 11.77kmpl respectively. These are combined figures and not 100% city driving, as I was never able to do a city only run in my car. For the worst figure, it was ~90% city driving. I always use AC (never used the Econ mode in one year of ownership), drive with a medium foot (usually don't redline) and used diesel from HP, BP and Shell. Never noticed any significant difference in mileage with fuel from different vendors and I give it to the engine as it seems to be pretty tolerant. So, with respect to the mileage, I'm pretty satisfied with the vehicle.
A350XWB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2015, 11:02   #7147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
I drive an AWD in Bangalore and the best and worst mileage figures for me are 14.18kmpl and 11.77kmpl respectively. .
Those are really good figures compared to the measly 9.3 I get. Perhaps things will improve after the first service. I have recently changed the driving style also - started upshifting at around 1500rpm instead of the 2500-3000 that I used to change at earlier. Sacrificing pick-up for efficiency. Let's see how it pans out.
Old 7th April 2015, 12:29   #7148
BHPian

Quote:
The beeping sound whenever I cross 150kmph freaked me out recently. Just read it on this thread that it is a feature

I drive a W8 (9200 km old) in Bangalore with a daily 45 km commute on the outer ring road ( Marathalli - Hebbal) in peak hrs, and here is the mileage log .
The 1st one is a trip to Mangalore.
The recent trip to Kodaikanal resulted a mileage of 14.x kmpl.
I fill from the IOCL pump next to Manyata tech park and overall I am satisfied with the Mileage .

As said earlier, the light foot mechanism works.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-screenshot_20150407120357.png  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-img_20150405_223655.jpg  

ansumaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2015, 14:05   #7149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhatt View Post
Thanks shekatkar, that engine temp gauge is exactly what I was referring to in my last post. It is functional in your model, while it isn't the case in my car.
Aah ok ok. So I guess I got lucky with the model. However, with this upgrade at the given price point, I think Mahindra may well be cannibalizing the W6 to an extent? Or is that model catering to another set of clientele altogether?
Old 7th April 2015, 17:14   #7150
BHPian

Guys just came across this while surfing

Scoop!! Mahindra XUV500 facelift spied!!

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ed-394283.aspx
Old 7th April 2015, 17:50   #7151
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbr_yash View Post
Guys just came across this while surfing

Scoop!! Mahindra XUV500 facelift spied!!

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ed-394283.aspx
Was reported on TeamBHP news yesterday:
http://www.team-bhp.com/news/mahindr...aled-spy-shots

Please carry on further discussion here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3679548
Old 8th April 2015, 11:15   #7152
BHPian

This is regarding Roof Carrier - Can we get the Side Mounting Brackets alone, for the OEM Roof Carrier.

Otherwise any sample bracket can be got, to get it fabricated outside.
So that I can fix a cross bar and attach a Maxpider Roof box or an easily detachable carrier.

Thanks
Old 8th April 2015, 12:05   #7153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekatkar31 View Post
Aah ok ok. So I guess I got lucky with the model. However, with this upgrade at the given price point, I think Mahindra may well be cannibalizing the W6 to an extent? Or is that model catering to another set of clientele altogether?
Don't think so, W6's primary advantages over W4 are certain basic features such as front fog lamps, automatic climate control and touch screen, and a host of other electronic features such as static bending headlamps, rain sensing vipers, intellipart, tiretronics to name a few. These differences will continue luring people upgrading from B2 hatches/C1/C2 sedans. For first time car buyers such as myself, with not very high levels of expectations in terms of available features, W4 presents a pretty exhaustive feature list in itself.
Old 9th April 2015, 00:29   #7154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Those are really good figures compared to the measly 9.3 I get. Perhaps things will improve after the first service. I have recently changed the driving style also - started upshifting at around 1500rpm instead of the 2500-3000 that I used to change at earlier. Sacrificing pick-up for efficiency. Let's see how it pans out.
Farhad, my XUV is 10 days old and 400km on odo and my primary office commute is on ORR passing marathahalli underpass. The entire 5km stretch that i drive is bumper to bumper and I am getting 9.5kmpl. On weekend i did a trip to Nandi hill and it bumped upto 12kmpl. Overall i think after first service it should go up a bit. On a side note I would suggest after spending so much why care to get 1-2 kmpl extra and ruin the fun of driving XUV . Enjoy the driving and dont look at the infotainment sccreen.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2015, 21:25   #7155
BHPian

Quote:
Was reported on TeamBHP news yesterday:
http://www.team-bhp.com/news/mahindr...aled-spy-shots
I read somewhere that the date of launch of revamped XUV is May 2015. I am planning to book an XUV within next two weeks, should I wait for it or dismiss it as a rumour. Not that I am expecting something amazing but why buy the last of the model being phased out. Please advice.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 10th April 2015 at 06:54. Reason: quote fixed

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks