Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2011, 21:27   #706
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Dear Members,

Is there any one in the forum who has booked FWD W8 in white colour?
Just want to know your experience after the booking.
For us the wait to hear from M&M is just getting beyond our patience level. We had booked it on 3rd Oct and till date there is no confirmation on the delivery date.
After lots of followup the dealer gave us the date as 18th March 2011 last week and yesterday he has withdrawn that date also. Now we are back to square one...

Please do share if any one else has gone through the same.
Old 30th October 2011, 22:13   #707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
Owners of 4x2 trim, just remember that all you are driving is basically a large car, not an SUV.

Reason - You are driving a FWD car with a monocoque chassis.

Therefore, it is incorrect to directly compare the price of 4x2 XUV with Fortuner which is pure AWD offroad ladder chassis.
agreed that its a softroader but I am sure it can handle much more than just little mud and bad roads. better than sedans for sure. so it would not be correct to call even the 4x2 version just a large car and not a SUV.

I remember using innova and qualis for some really challenging tracks... infact I have used qualis for crossing streams with huge rocks some years back.

so I think that XUV should be capable to do some reasonable offroading if not hardcore stuff. specially the AWD version.

and as far as monocoque chassis goes... if I am not mistaken even the superb mitsubishi montero is built on a monocoque chassis. though again I wanna make it clear that I am not comparing montero with XUV or for that matter any other SUV/UV with XUV but I think it should be good for reasonable stuff which is usually the requirement of most SUV buyers. coz hardly 5-10 % people would actually do some serious hardcore offroading and not only because its expensive but its hardly the need/requirement/interest. only a small percentage of people would actually go on special offroading trips and test the limits of their SUV's by taking them into ditches and crossing streams or climbing mountains or any of the other adventurous stuff. they are usually used for Highway journeys and some bad roads. thats it.

Last edited by magikrider : 30th October 2011 at 22:17.
Old 30th October 2011, 23:36   #708
BHPian

I took a Test drive in blr recently.

Good vehicle but I saw the avg mileage was only 8.7kmpl in the info screen.

Did anyone notice the mileage figures?
Old 30th October 2011, 23:47   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand
How is the pricing overlap between the top end Scorpio and the base model of XUV 5oo? Is the Scorpio SLX going to be canibalised or is M&M coming up with any price correction for the Scorpio SLX?
IMHO, Scorpio stands no chance in the face of this Next-Gen, more powerful, more refined, XUV 5oo.
The pricing is introductary and may soon be revised. Besides, a top end Scorpio buyer may have specific requirements for hard offroad performance / automatic transmission - currency.fly unavailable on the XUV
Old 30th October 2011, 23:51   #710
BHPian

Can the gurus compare the offroadability of the XUV with the Grand Vitara with TSD rallies in mind (Desert Storm / Ndure) ?
Old 30th October 2011, 23:52   #711
BHPian

Krishna, the figures you see in a test drive are not realistic. Most people drive these vehicles rather rashly, they're also left idling for long as the salesmen demonstrate functions, effectiveness of the ac etc.
You can easily expect an average of 12+
Old 31st October 2011, 09:02   #712
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Everyone,

Some good news for those awaiting deliveries of their XUVs..! Almost all the delivery dates have been advanced by 1-2 months (even 3 in some cases) by Mahindra, depending on the colours and the production plan. We had booked our Silver W6 on Oct 4th and were initially given a delivery date of 17th Feb 2012. A few days back we received a communication that the actual delivery date is now changed to 27th Nov 2011 ! So most of you should get the XUV much before the earlier committed dates. However some colours like White are badly overbooked and will have the longest lead times. Even the AWD versions will take very long as it seems that Mahindra was not ready for the high quantities and did not plan sufficient production / supplies for the AWD units.
Do get in touch with Customer care of Mahindra and follow up for your bookings. In reality the dealers do not know much (or are concealing actual delivery dates to make quick money).

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 31st October 2011, 09:16   #713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_nv View Post
After lots of followup the dealer gave us the date as 18th March 2011 last week and yesterday he has withdrawn that date also. Now we are back to square one...
I am thinking, this may be due to some supplier issues/shortage with some of the components go in the AWD version. The SAP system may not be able to give the approximate delivery date with out the production being planned. Another reason could be with the current level of supply of components the production may be planned at a very later date which the company dont want to communicate with the customer, may be thinking the component supply can be improved meanwhile.
The problem, in India right now is, even though there are many Foreign and Domestic Vehicle manufactures in India now, some of the critical components are supplied by the same vendor to many of these OEMS. Even though the Vehicle manufacturer has the capacity, it is not easy for the vendor to increase the component supply.
This is my assumption only and not based on any insider info from M&M!!!
Old 31st October 2011, 09:37   #714
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
Xuv may or may not be as good as crv
I wouldn't like to comment on ACI's review. That said, comparing a 13 lakh rupee XUV with a 28 lakh rupee CRV is an apples to oranges comparison. Keeping the price band in mind, it would be fair to compare the XUV500 with the Scorpio & Safari on one side, and the Endeavour / Fortuner / Pajero / Yeti / Aria on the other. Amongst these, in order of superiority, the ride / handling award goes to the Yeti > XUV > Aria > Pajero and so on.

By SUV standards, the XUV500 has excellent ride quality and on-road behaviour. It's comfortable, and the handling is very safe & predictable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
found this review posted on another site

Does it belong to a teambhp member?
Thanks. We'll look into it shortly.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2011, 09:47   #715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi Everyone,

Some good news for those awaiting deliveries of their XUVs..! Almost all the delivery dates have been advanced by 1-2 months (even 3 in some cases) by Mahindra, depending on the colours and the production plan. We had booked our Silver W6 on Oct 4th and were initially given a delivery date of 17th Feb 2012. A few days back we received a communication that the actual delivery date is now changed to 27th Nov 2011 ! So most of you should get the XUV much before the earlier committed dates. However some colours like White are badly overbooked and will have the longest lead times. Even the AWD versions will take very long as it seems that Mahindra was not ready for the high quantities and did not plan sufficient production / supplies for the AWD units.
Do get in touch with Customer care of Mahindra and follow up for your bookings. In reality the dealers do not know much (or are concealing actual delivery dates to make quick money).

Regards,
Behemoth
Hi Behemoth,

Can you advise on the customer care number of Mahindra? I scouted through their site but didnt find any number so to say, wherein I could call and enquire. Thanks for the help.
Old 31st October 2011, 10:23   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Please ask them to print it on their letter head & pass it on to you. Again I don't think dealers have any hand in allocation procedure. The way I understand, it is handled directly from M&M to ensure no foul play by the dealers. Which dealer is this?

Please ask the sales head to take a hike !! I am wondering you have quietly taken the stride & have not complained to the customer care about this !! Would like to know the dealer name.

Guys, please check with Mahindra directly whether they have given the dealers any instruction of mandatory insurance sale along with the vehicle. 99% it's not mandate to take the insurance from the dealer. Please make a point of this to the company when you call up. Remember, initially there was the scam of charging premium by the dealers for faster delivery and M&M has taken care of that. Hope this also will be sorted out. Unless the company gets to know about the scams, there is little they can do to clean up the system.

When you quote videos, please delete the video manually before submitting the post. Too many video posts will make the page heavy for download for the mobile users.
Reg this insurance issue, can we just mention it in Anand Mahindra's twitter and the FB XUV500 page ? Iam sure it will have an effect.
Old 31st October 2011, 11:10   #717
BHPian

Im taking the mamba for a long drive today. Driving to my hometown, Palakkad ,Kerala - 410 kms and then tomo or day after to Kochi and then back to Blore.

Should be a 1500 kms drive in all.

Shall post the updates of the drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnathanthri View Post
I took a Test drive in blr recently.

Good vehicle but I saw the avg mileage was only 8.7kmpl in the info screen.

Did anyone notice the mileage figures?
Im clocking 10.2 as of now with an ODO of 600 odd kms all of Bangalore city driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti.Rahul View Post
Hi Behemoth,

Can you advise on the customer care number of Mahindra? I scouted through their site but didnt find any number so to say, wherein I could call and enquire. Thanks for the help.
Rahul, The M&M customer care contacts are customercare@mahindra.com or 1800-22-6006
Old 31st October 2011, 11:19   #718
BHPian

Hi Rahul,

You can call Mahindra Helpline number 1800-209-6006 and ask the operator to connect you to XUV team.

But be prepared to listen to their standard reply starting with " We have received overwhelming response with 8k bookings and blah blah...."

And they are so overwhelmed till date that they dont have any idea about the booking and delivery status of AWD XUV.

If you were lucky enough to book FWD then you might have a better experience to share.

Its time M&M moves beyond Sabre rattling of their successful launch and give concrete dates to their customers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti.Rahul View Post
Hi Behemoth,

i_nv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2011, 14:25   #719
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
In reality the dealers do not know much (or are concealing actual delivery dates to make quick money).
There is a very little chance dealers are making money from XUV sales since the allocation is handled directly by the company. Even if the dealer conceals details, XUV customers get direct calls from the company call centre if I am not wrong [info based on different posts here]

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones View Post
Reg this insurance issue, can we just mention it in Anand Mahindra's twitter and the FB XUV500 page ? Iam sure it will have an effect.
I would suggest you go with the hierarchy first. In-case you don't get any positive response, go for Anand's twitter account. Posting on FB XUV 500 page seems to be a good idea though. We should aim at getting the max publicity for this practice and get a whole lot of people to report these kind of incidents. That's when someone will take this seriously and put a stop to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Should be a 1500 kms drive in all.

Shall post the updates of the drive.
Looking forward for the report! This is an ideal drive with LOTS of good roads & quite some rough patches as well. Could I also request you to hold on to 100 kmph speed [with / without cruise control] for around 15-20 minutes and check how much does the MID show? Guess using cruise control will better the FE figures.

Wish you a happy & safe journey as well!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 31st October 2011 at 14:28.
Old 31st October 2011, 16:20   #720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_nv
Dear Members,

Is there any one in the forum who has booked FWD W8 in white colour?
===========
Please do share if any one else has gone through the same.
Me and my cousin have booked 2 fwd white xuvs on 4 oct. We have got a tentative delivery date of 4th Jan. You should better call the mahindra helpline.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks